Don't Expect Too Much

I Fell In Love With My Best Friend

 

That day, Chorong approaches me and she's the one who tells me that Jungkook is already her boyfriend. I don't know how to react. I felt something sharp that pinched my heart inside me after hearing those dreaded words. But still, I just smiled down to her, trying to hide the pain. While she was telling me that the two of them were together, I looked deeply into her eyes... I see excitement and happyness in them. Guess she really was happy to be Jungkook's girlfriend. For all of my life, I think that was the day I really hate the most.

It really hurts as I saw them walking together at the parking lot that afternoon, I watched Chorong with my heart slowly breaking into pieces. I saw her waved at me but I just pretended not to see her for I was scared that she might see in my eyes the pain I'm feeling inside because of seeing her with Jungkook.

Those days that followed where the saddest days of my life. How my heart aches when I see Jungkook holding her hand, making her laugh, giving her gifts, talking for hours with her and feeling Chorong's sweet kisses on his cheeks.

Every time we meet in the hallways and I see him around her, there's a feeling inside me that makes me want to grab her away from him. How it hurts to see the girl I long possess, was now owned by somebody else... and it even hurts more to know that she’s with my old boy bestfriend now.

That special smile of her  to cast on me was now casted on him. As she passes by me she doesn't know that I whisper the words, “Oh God. Chorong, how I love you."

Then one day we were invited to the wedding of our teacher. Chorong was the loveliest bride’s maid I’ve ever seen while me and Jungkook was the groom's men. After the wedding at the church, we went to our teacher’s house to celebrate the wedding party. After the dinner in the garden, Jungkook voluntered to sing at the mini stage.

“This song is for my loveliest girlfriend, Chorong.” He said, holding the mic as Chorong flashed her sweetest smile at him. Then everyone clapped their hands as Jungkook started to sing and plays the piano.

(This is from westlife's song but I'm sorry. I forgot the title of it ^^')

“Tell me it's love
That's all I wanna hear you say
That we're enough
That you're always feel this way

No matter what, no matter where
You know I'll do it all again
Tell me it's love, just tell me it's love
Say I'm the one

'Cause you know I want nothing else
But to have you to myself
Your love is all I ever knew
If you feel it

Let me know the words inside you

Say I’m the only one~

Say I’m the only one~”

 

After the song ended, everyone clapped their hands, including Chorong, giving him her sweetest smile again. 

Jealousy, I bit my lip as I decided to voluntered to sing too, to get her attention. If ever Chorong will give her sweet smile to me too. And so I went up to the mini stage while carrying a guitar.

I grab the mic and said, “This song is for the special girl in my life. I hope you like it." I didn’t glance at Chorong because I’m scared if ever she knows that that special girl to me, is her.

I then, started to play the guitar as I sing.

(Justin Bieber - That should be me [I'm so sorry guys. I know I was supposed to pick korean songs but I like this song plus It fits the story!])

“Does he love you the way I can?
Did you forget all the plans that you made with me?
Cause baby I didn't
 

That should be me, holding your hand

That should be me, making you laugh

That should be me, this is so sad          

That should be me, That should be me

That should be me,  feeling your kiss

That should be me,  buying you gifts

This is so wrong
I can't go on
'Til you believe that
That should be me

I need to know should I fight for love? Or disarm?

It’s getting harder to shield! It’s breaking my heart~ Oohhh~!

That that should be me, (Holding your hand)
That should be me, (The one making you laugh) (oh baby oh)
That should be me
That should be me, (giving you flowers)
That should be me, (Talking for hours oh)
That should be me
That should be me

Never should've let you go, I never should've let you go
That should be me, I never should've let you go
That should be me~”

After the song ended, everyone cheered and clapped their hands. I glance at Chorong and saw her, slowly smiling at me. I smiled at her too as I went down from the mini stage to go back to my chair. But still sad because I didn’t see her flashing me her sweetest smile.

Of course, why would I expect that she’ll give those sweet smile to me? She already had Jungkook. The two of them were together. So definitely, she will only gives her sweet smile to her boyfriend.

“Don’t expect too much, Taehyung.” I thought as I sighed.