no 4

Military

                “Yaaay, time to go back home!!!” all the men are excited with the idea of them going home for a week. They laugh with each other while Jaejoong is sitting on his bed, unmoved. Yunho is talking with some other guy and laughs with them all, without noticing Jaejoong’s stare at him. Jaejoong is feeling quite insecure with Yunho’s decision not to go back for this break. And he can’t understand why is he refusing it.

                “Yunho, you sure you will stay here?” one of the bunkmate asks while Yunho just smiles and nods his head. “You will be alone you know.”

                “Ah, it’s okay. I will survive,” he laughs follows by the others except for Jaejoong who is packing his clothes in an extremely slow pace.

                “Hyung, you haven’t done?” Yunho plops on Jaejoong’s bed and looks at the pale man’s face who is sitting there in silent. Jaejoong just shakes his head while continue folding the clothes. He doesn’t even know how many times have he folded the same shirt over and over again.

                “Okay guys, see you later!” the bunkmate left one by one, leaving only Yunho and Jaejoong in the room by themselves.

                “Hyung, why are you so quiet? I thought you are excited to go home,” Yunho looks at Jaejoong who is putting his clothes aside.

                “Yunho, why don’t you want to go home?” Jaejoong asks again after a moment of silent.

                “Aigoo hyung, I told you, it’s nothing,” Yunho laughs while patting Jaejoong’s arm gently.

                “I doubt that it’s nothing though,” Jaejoong looks down and sighs softly. “You don’t want the reporter to get the news that you’re here, in the same army centre with me right?”

                Yunho looks at the older man with a smile before he nods lightly, rubbing his hands together as he lays on his back on Jaejoong’s bed. Jaejoong can’t help but to feel guilty towards Yunho and buries his face on Yunho’s chest, sighing a bit. Yunho runs his fingers on the silky black hair while smiling. “I want to be with you Joongie ah. This is nothing.”

                Jaejoong’s cheeks flushed at Yunho’s words before he pulls back from Yunho’s body and punches his chest lightly. “Stupid.”

                Yunho just laughs while Jaejoong finishing packing. He looks at Yunho as soon as he is done and purses his lips slightly.

                “See you Yunho yah,” he smiles while Yunho pulls him into a bear hug, rubbing Jaejoong’s back gently.

                “Be careful Joongie ah,” Yunho smiles before he places a light peck on Jaejoong’s forehead, making the pale man red once again. He looks down before he waves his hand lightly and walks towards the car which is already waiting outside the center.

***

                “Is it true that Yunho is there with you Jae?” his dad asks after dinner with his family while his mom and sisters are all in the kitchen, cleaning. He just nods lightly while biting on the popsicle that his niece gave it to him before. “And?”

                Jaejoong turns his head towards his father in confused. His father  looks away with a soft smile tugging on his lips. “Jae, you and Yunho were a good friend. You two always together before. Or rather, all 5 of you. But when something happened, you guys broke up. But, you guys are still friends right? You can say that you want to protect him by refusing to admit your feeling towards him, because you don’t want him to be in trouble. But look what he has done for you. He is willing to risk everything just to be with you in that center. And what is your respond? Avoiding him? Refusing to take a step closer to him just because that is a deal made by you and the company? Is that it? What is it that you want though? Losing him once again? Or just grab this chance to reconcile?” his dad looks at the pale man with a gentle look on his face.

                Jaejoong knew that deep down, he wants Yunho and him to back to normal, he wants Yunho to spend some times with him, with his family. Screw everything. He loves Yunho and that is the truth. He knows that the tanned man also wants the same thing. , why is it so hard for him to notice it? Why is he so dense? He stands up abruptly and looks at his dad who is only smiling, too used to his son’s behavior.

                “Dad, I need to go back there,” Jaejoong says softly before his dad nods lightly.

                “Go son, just go,” his dad smiles while Jaejoong gives him a tight hug and mouthing a soft thank you.

                “I will be back soon dad,” he grabs his jacket and runs out of his house, ignoring his mom and sisters’ while they are asking where he is going. He just concerned about how Yunho is doing and how can he be so dense to notice what Yunho really wants. He keeps brushing everything off and pretends like he is protecting Yunho while the fact is, he is scared of the risk on himself. He is such a coward. He curses himself in his mind while running towards his car and drives off to the center in the middle of the night.

                Yunho is reading something on his phone when he heard a car engine approaching the center, making him stop doing whatever he is doing and checks through the window, but he failed to recognize anything since it is dark outside. He walks towards the entrance when he sees Jaejoong panting at the front door, looking at him with his black doe eyes.

                “Hyung?” Yunho frowns as he reaches the pale man’s face and feels the cold skin against his palm. “You’re so cold. Don’t tell me you park your car outside and runs here hyung?”

                Jaejoong feels the warmth against his skin, making him leans more onto it before he looks back at the taller man. Yes, this is his decision and even if Yunho rejected it, he still wants it to happen.

                “Yunho ah, I want to be with you,” Jaejoong’s confession has made Yunho too stunned to move. He stares at the pale man for a while before he cracked into a small smile, holding Jaejoong’s hand as he pulls him into his embrace gently.

                “It took so long for you to notice Joongie ah,” he runs his hands onto Jaejoong’s back before he leans down and kisses the red plum lips, turning the coldness of his skin onto a warm one using his own warmth. Obviously, all are captured through the CCTV and the commander who is ‘accidentally’ the yunaje shipper smirk satisfyingly.

                “I should save this recording and make it my own personal collection.”