007

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae leaned forward, placed his elbow on his office table, resting his chin on his hand, and stared longer at his best friend.

“You've grown to become a woman,” he told her

“Does that mean you see me as a woman now?” 

Donghae's head jolted at her question. 

“I'm just joking. Geez, is the thought that revolting?” Hara scoffed

“I'm sorry. It's just weird hearing you say it. Plus I know you're not a boy, Hara,”

“Seeing that that is your reaction to my question must mean there is a lady love in your life,” she stopped being offended, “And now you're silent. So that is a definite yes. Was it that cute girl from earlier?” 

“You haven't changed after all,” Donghae rubbed his nape

“You haven't either,” she pointed at his hand that was behind his neck, “You always do that when you get nervous,”

“Okay, I'll tell you,”

“Good decision. I always win anyway,” she grinned. 

Donghae reclined his chair and took a deep breath as he looked at the ceiling.

“Just from that, I can tell you're crazy about her,” Hara expressed

“I am. She might be the death of me,” sighed Donghae

“Why?”

“I can't read her at all,”

“Stop making me ask questions and just spill it all, Lee Donghae,”

“I barely see her interact with other guys so I can't differentiate between when she's treating me special or if it's just her normal self. I think she's most likely treating me normal but I can't help but feel special. I've only seen her with Jiyong and barely with Bobby. I see her with male clients, but she's very professional around them,”

“How is she with Jiyong?”

“I would say the same with me... Except, she teases him more than she teases me. I get envious of even that. Can you believe me?” Donghae finally made eye contact with Hara who looked curious on how Dara was close with Jiyong, “We're handling Jiyong's artwork so she is chummy with him. She checks up on him more than I do because she also has to check on Yerin, her artist best friend,”


“Why don't you make a move even if you can't tell she likes you? It doesn't seem like you to be like this... Timid,” 

“What do you mean?” 

“First, let me say this. Go for it,” she advised, “Plus weren't you always saying before that if you like a woman, you'll definitely make her yours?” she reminded him

“Dara... She makes me weak on my knees. Even when she's just laughing, I get short of breath. Mesmerized by her beauty,”

“Wow,” Hara was astonished, “She really must be something for you to talk like that,”

“She's everything,”

“So go for it,” emphasized Hara

“But there's a problem,” Donghae mumbled

“What is it? Your cowardice?” Hara snapped, she was getting a bit irritated

“Calm down. It's not that,” 

“Then what?”

“Jiyong likes her,” he divulged

“No,” gasped Hara, “I hate this,” she groaned

“Huh?”

“I hate these situations. I know I am not that close to Jiyong. We're mere acquaintances, but I hate this. Two best friends in love with the same girl. It's one of those worst case scenarios,” she elaborated

“Tell me about it,”

“He told you that he likes her?”

“It goes without saying. I seen the way he's looked at her,”

“He's also got it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter