005

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I'm sorry. I love you, Donghae.”

 

Donghae tussled with his own blanket like it was a living creature. He kept his eyes shut in fear of reading those words on his arms again. He could feel the tingling sensation on his arm and he was fighting it. It has to be because of her, he was thinking. When he could no longer repress his emotions, he sat up and disheveled his hair. His alarm clock then went off.

 

“Five already? How is it already five in the morning? I haven't even slept!” He begrudgingly got up.

 

He let out a loud, frustrated sough. He's been trying to avoid feeling exhausted by the what he now calls “curse” on his arm since he met Dara. He wanted to enjoy life without the complications of that phrase that haunts him at night. He admits to being curious on who his soulmate was, but upon meeting Dara, he feared it. He didn't want her to be his soulmate because he wanted to have her by his side forever, but that was it. He wanted her to be with him for the rest of his life. That had to mean something, he thought. How could one bring out such emotions from him, a person who's never truly loved, if she wasn't his soulmate? But the thought of losing her drove him insane. He could no longer imagine a life without her.

 

“Donghae, man up. Another day at work, another day with her, take those negative feelings and throw them out,” he was talking to himself while looking at the bathroom mirror. He looked at the top right corner of the mirror. It had a blue, sticky note posted.

 

Enjoy the days you have with her.

 

 

**

 

 

Donghae arrived at his office around 7AM. He was usually a morning person, but due to his lack of sleep, today was different.

 

“I forgot my own keys,” he clenched his fist, “How stupid.”

 

He turned his back on his office door and decided to do a breathing exercise. He didn't need to be hotheaded on top of being depressed. A soft pair of hands was suddenly covering his eyes. His creased eyebrows and clenched fist quickly softened. He knew only one person that would do such an act.

 

“You can stop covering my eyes. I know who you are,” he said

 

“What? How can you? This is a surprise,” whined the small framed, blonde girl

 

Donghae removed the person's hands from his eyes and faced her.

 

“Hara,” he embraced her

 

Hara was his longtime best friend thanks to their mothers.

 

“I'm glad for the hug but how did you know?” she asked

 

“Nobody else does that to me,” he let go of her

 

“You're still single, I see,” she joked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter