001

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly, birds chirping cheerily, children happily playing outside and a cold wind was present. Everything was absolutely perfect.

 

Dara planned, for the day, to go to an art exhibit with her childhood friend, Yerin, a painter herself. Dara was clueless when it came to art techniques and its history, but she sure knew how to appreciate its beauty.

 

“Dara!” a voice was coming from the other side of her bedroom door, “are you ready?” it was Yerin

 

“Just a second,” Dara answered as she took one last glimpse at the mirror

 

“A second is up,” Yerin said

 

“Ready,” Dara opened the door

 

“Come on!”

 

Yerin grabbed Dara's hand and hurriedly left their apartment.

 

“You sure are excited about this,” Dara pointed out

 

“It's your first art exhibit, you businesswoman you!” she exclaimed

 

“I've been to your art exhibits before,”

 

“Those weren't real exhibits. This is an actual artist's exhibit!”

 

“You're an actual artist, Yerin,”

 

“Dara, you are the sweetest. But still,” giggled Yerin

 

“There has to be another reason why your adrenaline is pumping,”

 

“Okay, okay, there is,” Yerin stopped walking

 

“Well?”

 

“This is the well known Kwon Jiyong's art exhibit!” she squealed while jumping up and down

 

“Um, fill me in?” Dara was lost

 

“DARA! How can you not remember?” Yerin sighed in disbelief

 

“Well, I'm getting old,” Dara joked

 

“It's Kwon Jiyong. The guy I've been admiring since forever! The super chic, fashionista and artist Kwon Jiyong,”

 

“This is the snob, right?”

 

“Don't call him that!”

 

“Well, he kind of is a snob. And how is a real artist and you're not? He's only a few years older than you,”

 

“No, he is chic! And it's because he has accomplished so much more than I have,”

 

“Oh whatever, Yerin. Do not compare his highlights to your behind the scenes. You're working very hard at your field. You'll be more famous than him one day,”

 

“Oh, Dara. I can only dream,” she swooned, “But you're going to be blown away by his work, I promise.”

 

Dara kept quiet after Yerin's confession. She was no longer excited for the exhibit knowing who the creator was since Kwon Jiyong was indifferent to Yerin during their first meeting. Dara thought he thought too high of himself. Maybe he was just having a tough day that time, Dara. Don't judge him,she gave herself a lesson.

 

 

 

– At the art exhibit –

 

Jiyong was facing back and forth in the private room. It is not like it was his first exhibit, but it was his first in Korea.

 

“You're making me dizzy, Jiyong,” Donghae, who was seated at a white leather chair, told him as he closed his eyes

 

“Then don't watch me,” replied Jiyong

 

“I'm not,” he paused, “And you need to relax,”

 

“What if Korean people don't like my work?” asked Jiyong

 

“Seriously?” Donghae opened his eyes

 

“Well, different culture, different taste,”

 

“You are Korean,”

 

“But I was raised in America,”

 

“You're overthinking, man,” Donghae closed his eyes again

 

“You're too laid back,” Jiyong sat on the white chair's armrest

 

“Because this is you, Jiyong. You are fantastic, alright?”

 

“I've messed up before, Donghae,”

 

“Everyone makes mistakes. Let it go,” Donghae opened his eyes once more, “Stop being so dramatic. You don't need any more stress.”

 

Jiyong had no immediate reply to Donghae. He did a breathing exercise that is suppose to lessen stress before speaking again.

 

“You're right. Everything is going to be fine,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter