Tiffany's

Athazagoraphobia

From a point of view of Tiffany Hwang

 

We were different. You were socially awkward. I was outgoing. Yet, we were best friend. We had known each other for a long time. Probably longer than any of your other friendships. We used to be so close. We used to laugh together, share secrets, hug each other, and never leave each other.

 

Now, everything had changed. We became friends with Taeyeon. I admitted that I started to like Taeyeon more and hung out with her more. Maybe it was because Taeyeon was more like me. She was not shy like you. She was hyper and she never whined when I wanted to hang out. You did.

 

Our friendship started to drift apart. You tried to be with me, but I was stupid to leave you out. I was stupid to think that you were not a good friend because at that time, I kept thinking that I needed someone who could play with me, go to party with me not someone who called me to hang out in a bedroom. Taeyeon was what I needed.

 

Days passed, you were fed up with me. You started to ignore me and drew a line between us. You started to hang out with Sooyoung and Yoona. I noticed that you had been smiling more. God, I missed that smile. I missed you. I just wanted to just go and hug like we did before. But, I was afraid. I was no longer someone who could hold you anywhere.

 

What happened to us?

 

We used to be so close. You used to sleep on my thighs. I used to tell you about my crush. We used to have sleepover every Saturday. You used to talk to me first when we had argument even though I was the one at fault. I used to hug you and kiss you freely.

 

What happened to those memories?

 

I started to miss you so much. Seeing you in Yoona’s arms made my heart clenched. You couldn’t even look into my eyes. Then you pinched Yoona’s cheek. I remembered you used to do that to me. Only me. But, now, I was out of the picture.

 

Regrets flooded over me. At night, I kept crying because I missed you. I missed us. It was my fault to think that you were not a good friend. You were an amazing friend who loved me, forgave me, and comforted me every times. You may not be someone who could go to party with me, but you were someone who was there for me when I needed you the most. You were someone precious in my life.  

 

But, I lost you.