I just wanna

MISSING YOU

A petite brunette girl sat alone on the seat near the window at a cafe. It was almost thirty minutes she sat on that spot. Her untouched hot chocolate was almost cold but she didn't mind it. Her fingers tapped the table gently like it was a keyboard. She rested her chin on her other hand and pouted slightly. Waiting was a boring task to do but it was her fault. She was too excited till she arrived half hour early from the appointment. 

 

She fixed her glasses while took a glance to her watch. It was almost the time. She was getting excited. She would meet the fiance she really missed after three months they barely talking on phone during their business in entertainment world. She was a well-known artist, so did he. They were in a very secret date for seven months till he made a big surprise on her birthday. He proposed her on that day after making her wandering around the town with continuous clues, setting it like a treasure hunting. It was indeed a treasure hunting. She was the huntress and he was the treasure.

 

She combed her long hair with her fingers. She looked at the street through of the window. She narrowed her beautiful eyes but there was none she knew out there. She hoped she could catch his silhouette with a glance but he hadn't arrive yet. She let out a sigh and looked down. She smiled faintly while played with two rings on her fingers. One ring with little light blue stone and 'forever' word engraved on the outter side was their couple ring. He gave it to her after they were dating for a month. The other ring with light goldenish brown stone in the middle was her engagement ring.

 

Her mind was flying to the sweet memories on the past when she spent her free time with him. He used to sneak into her apartment after dinner time. They spent all night in her room, talking about their day and their next schedules. They cuddled on her small bed, telling about how much their love each other till one of them fallen asleep. They would sleeping like that while hugging each other tightly. He often accidentally kicked her plushies out of her small bed and made a mess on the floor in the next morning. He always got up before the dawn and left her place. She was really upset when he didn't wake her up before his leaving. She wanted to send him till the front door but he didn't want to wake her from her beautiful sleep.

 

Her buzzing phone on the table snapped her mind back to the reality. She quickly grabbed the phone and answered it without looking the contact name that appeared on the screen. A wide smile plastered on her face. 

 

"Hello..." She answered with a bright happy voice.

 

"Hey! It's me!" 

 

Her wide smile gradually faded away and then replaced with a faint pout. She recognised that girl voice. It was the leader of her girlband. 

 

"Where are you now? Do you know what time it is? You're already late ten minutes. Hurry come here. We must practice the choreography for our new song." The leader nagged.

 

"Alright. I will be there in five minutes." She mumbled before hanging up.

 

She couldn't meet him today. She was really upset. She hated this reality. If only both of them were the common people, they could meet more often and unnecessary to hide this relationship from everyone. If only...

 

She drank her already cold chocolate quickly and put money on the table. She gathered her stuffs and rushed to her label headquarters. She didn't need a long time to reach the building. The cafe she visited before was located only two blocks from the building.

 

After running for few minutes, she got inside an empty alley. She looked around while moved under the dark shadow of the giant buildings up there. She took off her wig and revealed her short blonde hair. She tossed it into her backpack along with her glasses. She quickly changed her cardigan with her jacket. She put her cap and folded her cardigan messily into her backpack. She looked around again before stepping out from her hiding place. She dashed into the building while greeting people she knew.

 

"Hold on!" She yelled to anyone inside the lift. 

 

A bunch of boys were inside the lift. One of them pushed the button to make its door still opened. She quickly got inside and panted hard.

 

"Thanks...." She tried to catch up her breath.

 

"What's happened?" asked one of the boys.

 

"Why are you running like that?" asked another one.

 

Hearing the familiar voices, she looked around and a bit surprised. Those five boys are her labelmates, the members of a boyband. She heard that they had a world tour this month and she didn't expect they already cameback here.

 

"I'm late for the dance practice." She grinned.

 

They laughed. "Again?" asked the youngest boy.

 

"Man. You never change, Girl." A taller boy was headlocked her with his arm.

 

"Shut up!" protested her.

 

Ding!

 

The lift was opened. The taller boy released her and pushed her out from the lift. 

 

"Good luck and practice well", said the boys' leader while gave her a small wave.

 

"I will! See you later, guys!" She waved before running to the practice room.

 

As expected, not only the leader but also the rest members of her group were really upset at her. She smiled sheepishly and kept begging an apologise to everyone. The leader didn't say anything and decided to talk about this at their dorm tonight. They started practicing till afternoon.

 

"Seriously, what's wrong with you? After more than five years together, you never came late for dance practice. But now, you always come late, not only once but almost everyday since three months ago", said the leader. 

 

She just sat there and looked down. She didn't know what to say. She couldn't tell about her secret love to the others. She was also afraid looking at the leader's sharp eyes. Three other members of her girlband also sat quietly there, listening while eating some fruits.

 

"Hey! Why you haven't answer my question yet?"

 

"Hmm... It's... it's nothing, Eonnie. I'm pretty fine. I just couldn't sleep till early morning lately so I always wake up late." She mumbled as she stood up. "I will back to my room. Good night, girls." 

 

She grabbed her backpack and dashed to her room. Her members only stared at her suspiciously but they didn't know what to do to her.

 

"I'm pretty sure she hides something from us", said the leader.

 

"Indeed", says the youngest one.

 

"I can smell something fishy here", said the main vocalist. 

 

"Fishy?" Another girl stopped eating and looked around. "But I can't find Donghae oppa here." She blinked and the rest of the girls facepalmed. 

 

She quickly locked herself and fished her phone out from her pocket. She checked her phone and her eyes widened. Twenty miscalls and ten unread messages. All of them were from her fiance. She read all the messages and her sight suddenly getting blurry because of the tears. He was there five minutes after she left the cafe. He asked where she is. He told her he waited her for an hour on that cafe. He couldn't wait any longer cause s asked him to back to their dorm quickly. 

 

"I'm sorry, Baobei..." She mumbled while kept scrolling his messages. Her heart was almost stop when she read his last message. 

 

We will go to overseas for two weeks. I'm at Incheon now. I will miss you so much. I promise I will text you everyday.

 

Two weeks without him sounded like eternity. It was too long for her. If only she could sneak out from here and followed him to anywhere he went. She quickly dialed him.

 

"Come on. Pick it up. Pick it up." She mumbled while sat on her bed. 

 

She grabbed a teddy bear and hugged it tightly.  That bear was the first valentine gift she got from him. She named it Pie because she was hungry and wanted to eat pie that time.

 

"Angel?" said him.

 

She smiled widely once she heard his deep voice calling her nickname softly. "Baobei, I'm sorry. I couldn't meet you. I had dance practice till afternoon."

 

"It's okay, Angel. I knew you were there." He grinned widely. 

 

"Eh?" She blinked. "How did you?"

 

"You posted something on your SNS this afternoon.  So, how was the hot chocolate?"

 

She chuckled. "Stalker!"

 

"Your personal stalker." He replied shortly. 

 

"Creepy stalker."

 

"But you love me, right?"

 

She blushed and nodded slowly. "Always."

 

"I'm happy I can hear your angelic voice before leaving." He smiled and imagined her blushing face that he always adored.

 

"So... it will be two weeks?"

 

"Yes. I'm sorry, Angel. My schedules are really packed till the next month."

 

"I know." She paused a bit. "I miss you already. It has been three months we didn't meet and now we must wait for two weeks more."

 

"I miss you so much, my angel. I'm sorry but I gotta go now."

 

"Eh? Already? Okay. Have a safe flight, Baobei. I love you without wax."

 

"I love you without wax, Angel. Be careful with the boys and take care." He said before hanging up.

 

She giggled. He didn't change at all. After being together for eighteen months, he was still overprotective toward her. He wanted to keep her only for him. He didn't want to give any chance for another boy to steal his precious fiancee from his hands.

 

"Two weeks, huh? Can we celebrate your birthday together here like last year? Will we make it?" She stood near the window and looked at the twinkling stars on the sky. "It feels so lonely and lifeless without you. What have you done to me, Baobei? I wasn't like this before meeting you."

 

Two weeks. She had two weeks to thinking about his birthday gift. She didn't have any idea about it. She thought she already gave him everything as gifts. Maybe he wouldn't mind if she didn't give him any birthday gift. But she must gave him a gift. It was a special day for him, beside it was his second birthday they would celebrate together. Last year they celebrated it as girlfriend and boyfriend. This year they would celebrate it as fiancee and fiance. Thinking about her status as his fiancee could brighten her day. Two months more and it would be their first engagement anniversary.

 

"I hope we can celebrate our birthdays together." She prayed about it every night. 

 

A week had passed. The loneliness feeling was getting bigger each second. Just wait the time till it ate her up. She tried to not think about him. She forced herself to practice and work out every night. She made herself busy on her free time. She hanged out with her members and celebrity friends. She went to the beach and having fun there with her friends. She strolled around the town. Meeting her fans and took few selcas with them made her slightly happy. She supposed to be happy cause she was surrounded by people that love her. But she didn't. Why she should be happy if the only one she wanted to see everyday was out of her reach?

 

She was so happy during daylight but she was so lonely when the night came. Her small bed was so comfy for her before she met him and let him slept beside her. But now it seemed so huge and cold although almost half of her bed was covered with her plushies. She missed her other half, her soulmate. She thought she would getting insane if he wouldn't back to her next week.

 

She couldn't sleep on that night. She kept rolling from here to there on her bed. She forced her eyes to be closed but they were wide awake till midnight. She suddenly gave up and grabbed her phone. She checked all her SNS accounts but he didn't drop anything on her inbox. He even didn't reply her latest message yet. 

 

She let out a sigh as she scrolled up and reread their previous conversations. She smiled while reading his funny messages. Her heart fluttered when she read his long romantic messages, telling her about how much he loved, adored, and treasured her. Her finger stopped scrolling on a certain message. He typed it in Russian which meant 'all my love is for you' in English. He often gave her those sentence along with another sentence in French that meant 'more than my own life'.

 

"I want to see you, Baobei. I just wanna hold you. How long I should waiting you?" She whispered to his picture.

 

Today she was free from those packed schedules. Her members decided to have me time for all day. They already left the dorm since early morning and she just woke up around eight o'clock. She didn't know what to do this whole day. If only her fiance was here, maybe they could go to somewhere for a date or maybe they just stayed at her dorm and cuddled all day. 

 

She checked her phone for the teenth times and she had not receive any message from him. She started thinking he was getting bored with her and slowly forgot her presence. She looked down to the rings on her fingers and played with them. 

 

"Where are you, Baobei?" She whispered to none.

 

It was almost lunch time but she still didn't want to eat. She had not eat something since last night. She even barely ate properly yesterday. She didn't know why she suddenly lost all her appetite. 

 

She approached the fridge and took our her favorite strawberry milk. She took a sip while walked back to her room. She sat down on her desk and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil. She closed her eyes for a moment before starting draw something on there.

 

"Do you think of me when I think about you, Baobei? Have I even crossed in your mind all time like I do?"

 

A pair of beautiful eyes appeared on the paper. She loved those eyes. She could stare at them and never getting bored like she got hypnotised. It was alright if she was getting lost into those eyes. She loved it when he rested his forehead on hers and locked his eyes with hers on that closed distance. She could see her reflection clearly on his eyes. It somehow made her calmer since he always saw her in love way.

 

In the next second, a nose appeared. Oh, only God knew how she loved it when that nose touched her nose sweetly. Sometime he pecked her tip nose before rubbing gently his nose on hers. She giggled softly while thinking about how close the distance between their lips. But he and didn't kiss her. All she could do was waiting patiently cause she knew he would let go the chance to claim her lips with his.

 

Then a pair of soft lips appeared and engraved her favorite smile of his. It seemed weird but none knew that his smile could make her melting. Those soft lips, she missed to kiss them. He once told her that her lips were so addictive to him. He really wanted to kiss her all time. Even after sharing a very long kiss, he said it wasn't enough to satisfy him. He was never getting enough of kissing her lips. Every single kiss they had shared and every sweet loving word that out from his mouth never failed to make her heart beating faster.

 

"I missed you..."

 

His jawlines and chin appeared, made the face almost completed. Her pencil was dancing on the paper, making the hairs on the upside. Among all of his hairstyles, she loved when his bangs covered his forehead. She couldn't draw the ears. She was not really good with it so she decided to cover the ears with dark grey hair. Finally her sketch of his portrait was done. 

 

"Hurry comeback here, Baobei." She smiled faintly while touched the eyes, nose and lips. "Before I start forgetting your warmth, your heartbeat, your voice, your face, and your name." She took the paper and hugged it tightly. "Don't let me all alone here for a long time."