2/3

Starry Memories

2/3

Flashbacks are italic, and those words inside the 'xx' are thoughts. Alright?


"L-Luhan?" I muttered as I flinched back.
He smiled again but this time it reached his eyes. I didn’t say anything back, I just stared at him. The next moment, I found myself running, out of the coffee shop, heading to my house. I didn’t know why, when it had finally dawned to me that he was something I’m missing but maybe I wanted to see myself if this memory is real, if its not just fantasy hallucination I had made for myself. I wanted to check the box that had always been under my bed, the box that held our every piece of memories.

I didn’t know then, at the moment, running away from Luhan would hurt him more than anything else.

Without any hesitation, I immediately opened my door with the key under the mat in front of my door and pulled the box under my bed. I heaved a sigh, preparing myself for the truth.

Once I opened the box, memories came on rushing, swirling as though I'm in the middle of ocean. It felt so painful that killing my brain might be the easiest way to stop all these tortures then his face that I never understood the meaning, that I always see him with as if he was pained flashed on my mind.


Music notes, pendant, our pictures, his laugh, his tears, our happiness- they all cascaded on my mind, as if it really didn’t worth that much.

The last thing I knew before I out was that there were cold droplets on my cheeks.
**

It was raining hard again, for the third time consecutively. The bell up on the door kept dangling, well what better time is it to savor the taste of coffee? The cold. I answered myself. I stood, looking at the guy with a guitar slung on his back outside of the coffee shop, who kept his gaze on his hand that was open,  letting the rain freely slip on his fingers and he smiled as if he was fond of rain. For the third time again, he was out there with the same action, with the same smile.

‘He really is a dork’ I unconsciously smiled to myself.


The next thing I knew was that he had been looking at me with those warm eyes, the cold air gushing through my skin. I shivered from the cold.


‘But a beautiful one’


"So you were saying?"


"Uhm-uh, Why don't you come inside and drink some coffee? It's so cold out here" I awkwardly smiled at him. Urgh, this is so wrong, I don't even know why  I'm here trying to persuade him to drink some coffee.

What a lousy way to start.


He was just staring at me, unsure of what to say perhaps. "Uh, you don't have to force yourself if you don't want" I started to dig my nails to my skin, and when I started to turn back, mentally scolding myself for rashness and finally accepting that he won’t answer my stupid question, I turned back dejectedly but I felt a hand in my wrist, stopping me from going in. I looked at him questioningly, and he immediately removed his hand.


"Sorry, I was taken back. I didn't know you would talk to me, Nayoung. Sure, I'm glad to have some coffee" he smiled at me and I felt flutters in my heart. He knows my name, the butterflies in my stomach cheered happily. I giggled.

+++

My hand was holding a paper with fancily handwritten 'Songwriter's Guild'.
I smiled when I saw the writings below, President: Lu Han.

I opened the room with a grin but my grin faded as soon as the wind passed by. Luhan was the only person in the room, his hair was sticking to different directions, a pencil behind his ear, his fingers on the guitar strings. He looked at me and I found myself stuttering as I turned beet red.


"U-uh. Is t-this, err-er Songwriter's Guild?" I finally finished a sentence.


"Yeah, this is" he looked at me and he gave me his infamous smile, giving warmth at the same time, mostly the reason was his eyes, the most loveable in him, the sparkly gaze that no one would even dare to deny, that I’ll always find myself loss to his gaze.


"I guess, you must want to join eh?" He added. Knowing that I can't speak the way I can anymore, I merely nodded.


"The others have already gone home, you can sit here. I'll just ask you few things" he smiled again, and I felt so stupid, my heart kept on thumping and the butterflies in my stomach can't keep still, as if I was on jittery. Great, now he'll think lowly of me.

"Why did you think of joining this club?" He asked as he looked at me.


"Because you're here?" I bluntly blurted, my mind just can't process anything, guess it turned stupid looking at this beautiful guy in front of me. When I realized he was looking at me weirdly, as if anytime he'll be angry at me or something related. I quickly tried to bury the stupid stuffs that I had uttered awhile ago,


"I mean, yeah, I'm a big fan of yours, like you really play well and your songs are wow, glorious like heaven made and you're so damn handsome, uh I mean, I love writing songs that's why I'm here and I play guitar" I grinned, while specks of sweat are visible on my forehead. 'This is harder than expected eh'


"It's alright, it's alright. I won't be angry to someone who is being sincere and someone who is my fan. I won't want to lose a fan, would I?" He chuckled, and it was beautiful.


'Finally' I sighed, relieved. "And I'm Nayoung by the way"

I didn't know why I told him my name, when in fact; I knew he knows.

"I know" he smiled and that sent jitters to my stomach.


+++


"Welcome to Starry Memories, customer" I beamed as the bell jiggled. My eyes widened, as the fluffy golden hair with a guitar slung on his back walked towards me while smiling.

"Hi"  he said as he grinned, his eyes formed like a crescent moon but it was sparkly, making you feel like you're in a trance as if the only people in the world is you and him. 'what his mere stare does to you'

"Hi" I uttered nervously, my heart kept on throbbing, the butterflies on my stomach kept on dithering.


"It's alright. I'm not going to eat you" he stretched a hand and patted my shoulder. I shivered with the contact, not because I scorn him, but because I like him too much that a skinship is too hard to take for my heart.


"Caramel Macchiato" he told me softly, as to not scare me, not that I'm scared. I looked at my fingers, trying to hide the blush that had crept on my face

It wasn't just that day he came in to the shop, it was almost every day, after classes. Sometimes he would just stare at me, sometimes we would end up talking so much-if there's no customers, sometimes we would bicker at the smallest stupid stuffs, sometimes I would see the tinge of blush on his cheeks, sometimes I would wonder if he likes me. After I worked, he would walked me home- I found out we live on the same neighborhood, and it made me wonder whether fate is on my side.

 

+++


"So, Lu, Do you like rain?" I asked him as we sheltered on the small store that sells all those couple stuffs and well cute things-for couples sadly. I kept on glancing in the store, I mean how can you even resist looking at those endearing stuffs, especially the mitten gloves with a fuzzy ball that unites the couple's hands. I didn't enter though, I'm too shy to bring Luhan in. 

"Hmm, because it reminds me of the day I fell in love with her" he looked at the rain, not caring anything, as if he didn't just say anything that made my heart shattered, crashed into pieces.


"Do you want to go inside?" He asked and that's when I realized I've been holding my breath ever since.


"A-ah, I've to go home, my mother asked me to do something for her. Sorry Lu" I walked away half running, not even daring to look back at him. I didn't know why I'm feeling this. ‘At least he's happy right? At least I'm by his side right?’ I tried to convince myself, the tears started to stream down together with the rain. I was soaked but I didn't mind walking slowly, deep in my thoughts. I was heartbroken after all.

"Yah, idiot" I felt a presence beside me and all of sudden there was no more rain wetting my body. I inhaled his scent, heard his angelic voice and I knew it was him. 

'The guy who in all cases, never fails to make my heart beat a thousand times more than the usual'

 

+++


"So guys, I'll be announcing your partners, and then you guys have to make your own song, own performance and everything must be live then we'll choose the representative for this year's music festival. The theme for this year is: First Love. The first partner to perform next friday is Kai and Nayoung. I want a first love fluffy story" the teacher said dreamily, she wasn't really that old so I guess that’s why she’s a bit well.

 I looked at Luhan to see his reaction about the announcement, turns out he was glaring at me and whispering or mouthing along the lines of ‘Don’t get too close with Kai’. 'This guy' I rolled my eyes in return. 

Kai was handsome, to tell everyone the truth. He was that hot, pretty guy with a bunch of his own group, they call themselves EXO. As for me, I’ve been kind of idolizing Kai and Luhan knows that, well I’ve been ranting on him ever since the slight disappearance of Lay, my so called best friend. But Kai, I’ve always known, in my heart, he was just a mere distraction for my feelings that unconsciously had been growing deeper and deeper.
 

+++


I was with Lay after the club meeting. Lay was my childhood friend, best friend, we kind of had been stuck together, he knew everything about me, including the thing about Luhan, and I knew everything about him. These days, I barely saw him, that's because he kind of in a relationship, in fact his first relationship, a surprising thing, yes, because he is one of those hot guys that has lots of fangirls and fanboys, but for me he had always been that aegyoish, annoying kid.

"I heard you and Luhan have been sticking together huh" he teased, his eyebrows going up and down.
I slapped his arm "Not like that, he likes someone already" I chuckled, trying to hide the sadness unfolding in my heart.

All of sudden, I felt a pair of arms hugged me. " It's alright, Na. First love is always like that, it just never blooms." 


"Mine did though" he looked at me and winked jokingly. "You just have to have a beautiful face" I chuckled at his remarks, 'this cheap guy and his cheap comforts'

After classes, I and Luhan went to the club room, I skipped the job, well, that's because Luhan said we had to do something important, important my , but he won't let me go, so I simply give in, having no choice.

"We have to tell each other about our first love" Luhan said, that surprised the hell out of me.

 
"Why do we have to do that?" I asked, my voice a bit high pitched. 'Does it even make sense to tell about my first love when in reality he is my first love?'


"And we're not even partners" I added


"Because, I don't want that Kai guy to know first" he muttered but I heard it.


"Blah blah, Luhan" I rolled my eyes. He was always like this, trying to lead me on but turns out he was just being a friend- a jealous friend.


"I didn’t say you have to tell yours" he rolled his eyes but I can tell he was a bit nervous for who knows reason.

 
He stood up and got his guitar that was lying beside the table. I was sitting on the chair, puzzled, with eyebrows furrowed. 
He started to play a beautiful melody, his eyes closed, his lips started to sing.

 



On the rainy day

15 seconds is all I need

I fell in love

that smile I can never get tired

those eyes I hope will always look at me



I'm sorry

 this confession isn't enough

 I want you to know I like you

 it keeps on raining

having our relationship as friends



 I like you Na

 since the very first time

before we've ever talked



And that's how my first love story begun.
 


So here's to say that I love you 3 subscribers ^^, even though I didn't update for like days, you still subscribed *sniffs sniffs*. I guess some of you have figured my verb problems, kinda confusing maybe? But I swear I'll improve. I hope I will though, well, I feel really ashamed that I when like I'm about to enter college T.T this 24.

I don't know if any of you will be curious with this, buuuuttt I'm going to make another story, after this Starry Memories, titled 'Prentensions' somewhere along that words. hehehe

Thank you for reading ^^ *bows*