1/3

Starry Memories

 




I didn’t mind the small splash of fountain water in my back as I performed with my guitar.
I closed my eyes and immersed myself with the song.

When you gave me a hand/

Warmth replaced the coldness of my body/

Do you really have to?/

Please don't leave me/     

I beg you/

In this madness, how am i to live without you?/

You're the only I can give my heart to/

As though I was in my own world, I saw a girl

 

No, myself lying on the lap of a guy with a fluffy, golden hair, his back resting on the trunk of the tree that was shading us from the sunlight but his face was a bit blurry. I looked at his face and somehow, even he wasn’t doing anything funny, my lips cracked into a smile, he chuckled and pinched my nose. 'I love my munchkin' he whispered and he leaned in to my cheeks, leaving a trace of his lips.


/Please don't~/
 

I sang the last line of the song, pained as my fingers delicately for the last time traced the strings. Unbeknownst to me, a tear fell down from my left eye. 

It was always like this, the song had always an effect to me. I didn’t know how, as though my heart had its own mind, it painfully tightened, as though my eyes had its own mind, the tear fell. As if the song had its own story-the fluffy, golden blurry guy and I, but I don’t remember anything in the real world. He was a fantasy, but the tugging feeling on my heart never faded.

I opened my eyes and saw the small crowd surrounding me. They clapped their hands and complimented my song, some even wiped the tears that were threatening to fall down.


'A song that moves people'


I bowed and repeatedly thanked them, soon the money on my guitar case turned into a tower.

I didn't know how, it just simply happened. My eyes once again like any other days landed on the fluffy, golden haired looking guy, he was looking at me as if trying to say something but for the umpteenth time I didn’t understand anything. 'Weird guy, he's always here.'  I shook my head 'Guess, I'm weirder, I'm over thinking the fantasy guy'

Soon, the crowd vanished. I started preparing to leave but I felt a pair of eyes that were staring really hard at me and so I looked up. My eyes met the softest yet pained gaze, but when I saw his hair. I sighed 'Again, him' I felt my eyebrows furrowed by itself.


It was almost a routine, with him always looking at me with that gaze, any kind of gaze that most of the time I can’t comprehend, with him always there, wherever I go, with my eyes always landing to his side. I’m not the kind of girl that always prettifies herself, that was always sought by other boys. I doubt he likes me, perhaps my songs.

I ignored him again like any other days and proceeded to my next job, Starry Memories Coffee shop. It was in fact pretty near, a 3mins walk. I slung the guitar bag on my shoulder and walked the bridge that separated the park from the coffee shops. I looked at my hand for the hundredth time, the skin that's between my index and thumb had a fancily engraved word. 'Mine ' with a little star beside it.

When I had a free time, I would always look at the word, tried to think everything of my past in relation with the engraved word, as though for once I had been in a  serious relationship yet something had pulled us apart. But no matter how thousandth times I think, sacrificed my spare time, nothing ever goes to my mind, leaving everything in vain.

I stepped inside of Starry Memories coffee shop as the bell clanked.
By instinct, not even looking at his eyes, he instantly uttered “You're dazing at space again,Nayoung-ah”
'

“Mian, mian, Yixing”  I scratched my head and grinned. 

Yixing had been, as weird as it sounds, my very first friend ever since I woke up with a new start. He was the one who helped me adjust to reality though he cheaply don’t want to disclosed any information of my past life. 
'No matter how many times you plead me, I would never ever tell you anything about your past. When the time is right, you will remember everything' he turned away and walked out of the door, leaving me dumbfounded of his answer.

'Yixing has a temper?' I chortled at the thought

He was that hateful but at the same I was grateful, if he hadn't been by my side when I woke up. I won’t know where I would end up to.

"Come on, change your clothes. You'll be killed by the boss if he sees you lazily bumming around" he said as he poured the coffee in the cup.

I hurriedly went to the changing room, left my guitar on the corner, changed my clothes and went to the counter, pushing all the thoughts away.

As soon as I was on the counter ,the bell of the door clanked, once again that fluffy, golden haired guy made his way inside with the pained gaze like any other days.


"Welcome to Starry Memories, customer. Caramel Macchiato again?"


I greeted him with a smile plastered on my face. He nodded as he looked at me as if he wished I’m his, weird, I don’t really understand this guy. "Munchkin again, is it?" I asked him for reassurance, perhaps now he will say his real name. He nodded again. I shook my head at his response, at his stubbornness, at his weird incomprehensible gazes, at his creepiness. I looked at his retreating back questioningly as though I had so many questions I wanted to ask him.


"You know what? If you have questions then go and ask him, I can’t bear to see my best friend looking like that all the time" I turned my head to Yixing and found him grinning at me. His dimples had my confidence back to myself. 


"What do you mean, really?" I stifled a laugh.


Once i was done with the Caramel Macchiato, I gathered all of my confidence thankfully from Yixing and neared the fluffy, golden haired guy.

"Caramel Macchiato for Munchkin?" I asked, digging my nails in to my fingers. I know i have nothing to be scared of but it was as if everything will change, as if it was letting my hand go without my permission. 


"Uhm, Can I ask something?" He nodded once again, made me think whether he had only limited supply of voice.


"Uh-uh, I don't mean this in a bad way, like you're always there wherever I go and I can’t really blame my mind for thinking this but do you like me or something?" I bit my bottom lip roughly while I looked at my toes curling, 'can’t believe I’m asking a guy if he likes me'


There was a long pause, he didn’t utter any word, I turned my eyes questionably to his face and he forced a smile that doesn’t quite reach his eyes, he was in pain, I don’t know for what reason but my heart clenched at the sight, my eyes became blurry, I resisted the tears, at the back of my mind struck a familiarity.

"My Munchkin-ah, What are you doing???I'm bored hereee" the boy with a fluffy, golden haired guy whined as he sat at the sofa hugging the cushion.
"Luhan-ah, I have to pack these immediately, the truck will arrived early tomorrow morning" I told him as I packed (our) stuffs, our memories in a box, our songs, our pictures, our everything.
All of sudden, I felt arms that hugged my waist, his head resting on the crook of my shoulders, after a short time his face moved to my neck, inhaling my scent as I continued to pack.
"Luhan-ah" I uttered, feeling the cold tears that had dripped on my neck.
"I'm sorry, Luhan-ah, I'm really sorry" my tears just fell, knowing he cried. I stuffed my hands to my face.

” It's all my fault, you're feeling like this”

"I'm not crying Nayoung-ah, It's alright Na, your mother needs you more. Look at me, hmm?" He uttered trying not to break his voice.
I turned my face to the side to look at his face. I saw tears dripped one and another from him.
"It's alright Na, We're not letting the distance break us hmm" he smiled that doesn’t quite reach his eyes, his eyes looked at me with so much pain, sadness and everything.

Distance had always been the thing we hesitated because no matter how the other couples were very strong, once distance came in to the view, things always change, the spare time will always differ, the communication will be hard, some will be even tired of trying to make the relationship work, people changed, and of all those things trust will rust overtime. The whole years we had been together, we had always been scared of distance to break us but now when it had come to view, for the first time I wanted us to break this wall called distance, to know it's just a mere challenge for our relationship, to believe at the end we'll never change. We'll still be us.

I leaned to his face, kissing away all his tears, his pain. I wanted to free him from all the sadness i was giving him. Maybe if we had never met on the first place this won't happen.

"We'll always be us. Lu" I mumbled between kisses.


Do you guys know how to insert shapes? I fail so much for the 'Mine' with a little star beside it. T.T

Comments are appreciated ^^