{ s e v e n }

A Whirlwind of Unexpected

{ chapter s e v e n }

 

Youngji dropped by her house first to retrieve Jackson’s hoodie before heading towards JYP Entertainment’s building. She made sure to change into casual clothes and opted to wear a cap to be safe from the media’s prying eyes. Since it had already been two days and the rappers’ agency has yet to give their official statement, various speculations from here and there were already appearing– damaging not only Youngji but also Mark and Jackson.

 

Because of that, Youngji was determined to set things right– no matter what it takes. She doubted that she will be able to sleep well, anyway, knowing that her idols’ were precariously leaning on their careers’ edge.

 

She made sure to call Baek Ahyeon, JYPE’s representative who called her the other day, to tell her that she would be dropping by the building. The representative then gave her guidelines so that she wouldn’t be smothered by the media and told her to proceed to the building’s back door where someone would her to Park Jinyoung’s office. She thanked the woman before following her instructions.

 

The back door was guarded by two bulky men. She was escorted by one of them inside the building before the two of them stopped in front of an elevator. She was surprised to find an impatient Jackson standing in front of her with his arms crossed. “You took your sweet time,” he sarcastically commented before dragging her by the wrist. “Let’s go, Jinyoung hyung and Mark are already waiting for us upstairs.” He told her before leading her towards the elevator.

 

The elevator ride was uneventful, save for Jackson who was still holding her wrist tightly. She wasn’t sure what to make of that since it was obvious that they harbor mutual hate for each other, but she let it go. It wasn’t that much of a big deal anyway, compared to kissing the guy on the lips– HEO YOUNGJI! Watch where your thoughts are going!

 

Once they reached the floor of the CEO’s office, Jackson dragged her outside. The former was still grasping her wrist when they arrived in front of Park Jinyoung’s office. Jackson briefly knocked before opening the door and hauling her inside. “She’s here,” he gruffly stated to JYPE’s CEO and Mark who were both sitting down.

 

Youngji was busy glaring at Jackson for dragging her around to notice the amused face of her bias. Mark stood up and walked towards them. “Hi, Youngji-ssi,” he greeted. “Have you been well these past two days?”

 

The girl’s cheeks immediately flushed at Mark’s inquiry. After all, who wouldn’t hyperventilate if their bias asks them if they’ve been doing well?! She yanked her wrist away from Jackson’s hold before meekly smiling to answer Mark. “Neh, I’ve been well, Mark-ssi,” she lied. She wasn’t going to spoil the mood between her and her ultimate bias by whining. “How about y–”

 

“Could you two stop being gross for a moment and just finish what you came here for, idiot?” Jackson butted in with a scowl. Youngji harshly turned her head to him, clearly annoyed. “How about you stay out of it, you ?!” She challenged. “Please stop bringing everyone’s mood down just because you’re on your all-day, everyday period,” she sassed, causing both Mark and Jinyoung to snicker.

 

Jackson narrowed his eyes at the two men and was about to respond to the Word War when Jinyoung interrupted him. “Don’t fight, kids.” He reminded. “We’re here to help Youngji write her official statement, remember?”

 

“Why are you even scolding me, hyung?” Jackson protested before plopping down on one of the couches. “I wasn’t even at fault! It was that idiot who came here and began flirting with Mark out of the blue.”

 

“Jackson.” Mark flatly called out. “Don’t talk about Youngji-ssi like that.”

 

The Hong Kong-born was about to rebuff Mark when Youngji spoke up. “It’s okay, Mark-ssi,” she said. “It’s good to know that Jackson and I are on the same page about hating each other.” She finished with a saccharine smile on her face as she looked at Jackson. The latter’s face was distorted in annoyance which makes her want to laugh hard. However, she decided to hold it in for the sake of Mark and JYPE’s CEO.

 

“OKAY!” Jinyoung clapped his hands. “Now that the overflowing love between Youngji and Jackson are settled, we should get on with our business.” The eldest out of the four turned his head to Youngji, offering the couch opposite of Jackson. “Would you mind taking a seat, Youngji-ssi?”

 

If she would be honest, she totally minds sitting in front of Jackson. Still, she doesn’t want to be rude towards the man so she dutifully bowed and took the seat. The only upside of that arrangement was the fact that Mark was sitting next to her as Jackson glowered at her.

 

The four of them (or three, rather, since all Jackson did was sulk and input outrageous things) used the next hour and a half drafting an apology letter to the public together with JYPE’s Public Relations manager. They made sure to help Youngji in every step of the way so that she would be able to impart her sincerity about the ruckus she caused.

 

“Release that as soon as possible and make sure to keep Youngji’s personal details from the media and fans,” Jinyoung instructed the PR manager as he walked with him, heading to the Public Relations floor. A tired Youngji was then left with the rap duo.

 

“Are you okay, Youngji-ssi?” Mark checked as soon as the PR manager and Jinyoung left.

 

Youngji gave him a tired smile. “Neh, Mark-ssi. Thank you for your concern. I hope the letter would clear STORM’s name soon.”

 

Mark nodded his head. “Of course. We’re very thankful to you too for being cooperative with us.” He glanced at Jackson whose lips were still mum. “I’m sure Jackson feels the same way.”

 

The younger boy instantly bolted up. “I do not!” He stressed. “It’s her fault in the first place, anyway.”

 

Youngji only shook her head at Jackson’s childishness. She had long admitted that what happened was her fault, but why does it seem like Jackson feels the need to rub it to her face every time? She heaved a deep breath before standing up. “Thank you for today, and I’m really sorry for the trouble I caused. I hope everything will be well when your event this Saturday comes.”

 

“You won’t come?” Mark innocently questioned. “Aren’t you one of STORM’s biggest fans?”

 

She shook her head with a weary smile. “I don’t think that would be ideal.”

 

“Still.” Mark protested. “We’d love to see you there, Youngji-ssi. I hope you’ll be able to come.”

 

“It’s really okay, Mark-ssi. Besides, tickets were already sold out, right?”

 

Mark grinned before walking towards the CEO’s table. He opened one of the drawers and took something out before facing her again. “Here,” he said, handing her a ticket. “Jinyoung hyung and I were talking about it earlier and we decided to save this for you.”

 

Youngji was bathed in disbelief as she stared at the ticket Mark was holding. She couldn’t believe that her bias was really the one insisting that she goes to their two-year anniversary event!

 

“Just take it,” Jackson’s voice took her from her reverie. She curiously glanced at him since she was so sure that he would be the first one to deny her the ticket because of their mutual dislike for each other. However, the said boy wasn’t meeting her eyes as he continued to speak. “Take it as a thank you. From Mark, of course.” He added hastily. “Don’t expect that I’d thank you.” He mumbled under his breath.

 

Mark’s face was covered with an amused look when he nudged the ticket to Youngji’s direction once more. “See, even Jackson thinks that you should come.”

 

“I didn’t say tha–”

 

“Take it, Youngji-ssi.” Mark cut Jackson off. “This is a token of our gratitude and we’d really feel bad if you don’t take it.”

 

Youngji bit her lip before contemplating if she should just accept the kindness. In the end, the fangirl in her won and she abashedly accepted the ticket from Mark’s hand. “Thank you so much, Mark-ssi. I’ll surely see you there on Saturday.”

 

“It’s nothing.” Mark graciously answered with a sincere smile.

 

“I’ll get going now. Thank you again for the kindness. Please tell President Park for me,” she said.

 

Mark nodded. “Of course, it’s getting late. Jackson,” he turned to the younger boy, “take Youngji-ssi downstairs, will you?”

 

“Why don’t you take–” Jackson began complaining, but Mark only narrowed his eyes at him. The former let out a loud huff before taking Youngji’s wrist again, leading her to the elevator without a word.

 

“Uhm,” Youngji started when she remembered that Jackson’s hoodie was still inside her bag. She opened her backpack and took the hoodie out to give it back. “Here, Jackson-ssi.” She called out, catching Jackson’s attention. “This is the hoodie Mark lent me the other day.”

 

Jackson wordlessly took the hoodie from her hands. No words were spoken until they reached the basement parking lot where STORM’s manager was waiting for Youngji so he could take her home. The other half of STORM led the way towards the van as Youngji quietly followed.

 

“Well, I guess this is it?” She spoke with a slight smile. “I hope you’ll do well, Jackson-ssi.” She sincerely smiled before turning her back towards the man.

 

She already closed the van’s door halfway when Jackson’s hand stopped her. She was about to open the door but he held it so that he was still hidden behind. “Thank you, Heo Youngji.” He whispered in a way that she wouldn’t have heard if she wasn’t listening intently. She was still shocked out of her mind that she didn’t even notice that Jackson took the liberty of fully closing the van’s door.

 

What… Youngji thought, her mind befuddled, just happened?

 


 

Jackson's so cute I just can't!!! HAHAHAHA

Hello tigerjale and Winter_Cow! Kamsahamnida for the upvotes ~~ ^^

Comments juseyo~?