{ s i x }

A Whirlwind of Unexpected

{ chapter s i x }

 

Youngji was fidgety the whole day at school. Even the ever dense Seo Kangjoon noticed it. Still, she had pretenses to keep up so she only brushed him off with a smile before running to Hara.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Hara questioned. She had been observing Youngji ever since the younger girl got back from the lightning fan event of STORM and she seems unsettled. Hara didn’t want to pry, but she was getting really worried because of the younger’s behavior.

 

Youngji turned to her with a pitiful look on her face. “Unnie…”

 

“Yeah? C’mon, tell unnie,” she gently prodded.

 

“I… I made a huge mistake.”

 

Hara’s brows furrowed. “Huge mistake? What is it? I’m sure we’ll be able to fix it in no time.”

 

“It’s not that easy, unnie.” Youngji answered as she sat down, hugging her knees to her chest.

 

The elder tapped her feet on the ground. “Youngji-yah, I wouldn’t be able to help you if you won’t tell me what’s wrong.” She patiently explained.

 

“You know about STORM’s recent scandal, right?” Hara slowly nodded. “Tha–that girl… The girl who ki–kissed Jackson Wang… That’s me.” She bashfully stated before burying her face on top of her knees, looking like a kicked puppy.

 

Silence ensued as Hara did her best to absorb the news. “The girl… Jack… son… ki–kissed…” She parroted as she stared at Youngji’s sorry figure. “That… was you?”

 

Youngji made a strangled noise and Hara understood it as an affirmation. That was when the elder girl realized that Youngji was right. It won’t be easy fixing that, indeed.

 

“How did that happen, Youngji-yah?”

 

The younger intricately explained every detail to Hara, from her bruised back and hip to the situation at the subway to Hara’s call and STORM’s goodbye speech up to the point when STORM’s manager took her home.

 

Hara was speechless as she listened to Youngji’s story. The mess that the younger girl got herself into was no joke now. STORM’s a big deal not only in South Korea, but worldwide! Even if their agency explains Jackson Wang’s and Youngji’s sides of the story, it was pretty evident that Youngji would take the brunt of the fans’ criticisms. Hara was no K-Pop expert, but she was sure that the fans’ rage would be more directed towards Youngji as Jackson Wang gets downplayed as a victim by STORM’s loyal fans. She was sure that Youngji perfectly knows this fact, yet the girl still wanted to help clear STORM’s name.

 

The elder sighed as she engulfed Youngji’s frame in her arms. She has no doubt that Youngji was scared herself but she knows that the younger would want to make up with the rap duo by making things right in her own way. “It’ll be okay, Youngji-yah,” she comforted. “No matter what happens, we’ll be here to help you.”

 

The two girls stayed in the same position for a long while until they heard the empty classroom’s door opened. Kangjoon entered with a grin pasted on his face, which was immediately wiped away when he saw the state of the two girls. “Yah, what’s wrong? Did anything happen?” He hurriedly questioned as he approached the two girls.

 

“Nothing, Kangjoon-ah,” Youngji tiredly answered. “Just some girl stuff.”

 

Kangjoon narrowed his eyes at her. “Yah Heo Youngji, do you really think I’ll believe you? I can be a bit dense but you’ve been acting really weird since yesterday.” He sat next to her and delicately squeezed her hand. “C’mon now, tell oppa what’s wrong.”

 

To Hara’s and Kangjoon’s surprise, Youngji snorted. “Aiyaaa, you’re so gross when you’re being sweet!” She exclaimed.

 

Kangjoon’s jaw slacked in disbelief. “You gijibae.” He hissed. “But you won’t distract me with that ugly snort of yours. Tell me what’s up now,” he eyed Youngji, “or do I have to seek Gayoon noona?”

 

Youngji gasped at his threat. Gayoon noona’s name never fails me, thought Kangjoon smugly. Heo Gayoon was Youngji’s elder sister who was more protective than two elder brothers combined. The two of them have an elder brother named Heo Youngsaeng. The eldest boy of the Heo family had been very protective of Gayoon and Youngji ever since they were kids.

 

When Gayoon was fifteen, there was a time when she defied Youngsaeng’s judgment about the former’s boyfriend. Youngsaeng had insisted that Gayoon’s boyfriend was only fooling around with her but she didn’t listen. However, it turned out that Youngsaeng was right which sent Gayoon into despair and the story ended with the middle child’s ex-boyfriend in the hospital and Youngsaeng suspended from school.

 

Ever since then, Gayoon began being extra protective of Youngji. Things got worse when their brother left for abroad because of work. No one was ever allowed to hurt the Heo family’s maknae without going through Heo Youngsaeng and Heo Gayoon. Somehow, that was also one of the biggest reasons why Youngji has never had a boyfriend yet. The other reason was because of Seo Kangjoon who keeps on pestering her that some people actually thinks that they were in a relationship. Kangjoon was the only guy around her whom her whole family trusts, mostly because they have seen her and the other boy grow up together. It didn’t bother her much, though, since she wasn’t interested in having a relationship anyway.

 

“I’m waiting, Heo Youngji~” Kangjoon mercilessly whistled. “Or maybe I should just go straight to Youngsaeng hyung?” He pretended to think.

 

“YOU WOULDN’T DARE, SEO KANGJOON!” Youngji cried out, but Kangjoon only chuckled heartily.

 

“Save yourself the trouble and just tell me, Youngji-yah,” he answered as Hara shook her head at the two youngsters’ antics.

 

“Youngji, it wouldn’t be so bad even if Kangjoon knows, anyway.” She quipped and Youngji’s head turned to face her. She shrugged. “Besides, he will be able to help, no matter what might happen.” She advised.

 

Youngji pouted, mulling over her options when she realized that Hara was right. Kangjoon was pretty popular in their school because he was a part of the football team and other students regard him as a “flower boy” (Youngji wanted to barf).

 

The youngest sighed before launching on the tale of her misfortune. When she ended, Kangjoon only shook his head. “You stupid girl.” He flatly said. “You’re lucky Hara and I are here to save you. And forget what I said yesterday. Those 빗방울 are no match for us, Heo Youngji.”

 

Youngji glared, but otherwise felt thankful for the two’s presence near her. “Do you want us to accompany you later?” He offered but Youngji shook her head with a smile. “I’ll be fine. Just cover for me with omma and I’m good to go.”

 

Hara nodded her head thoughtfully. “Okay, then. Make sure you take care okay?”

 

“And don’t get into another trouble!” Kangjoon sternly reminded.

 

Youngji could only bow her head dutifully.

 

 


A/N: keke Heo Gayoon is from 4Minute and Heo Youngsaeng was SS501's lead singer! Coincidentally, Heo Youngsaeng recently got out of the military lol ~~

To PinocchioIsLying, thank youuuu for upvoting! ;))

 

[edit: thank you to qilahz and biepearl for pointing out that youngsaeng wasn't ss501's leader keke ~ mian for the confusion!]