{ t w o }

A Whirlwind of Unexpected

{ chapter t w o }

 

It didn’t take long before Youngji reached Gangnam-gu Office Station. However, taking off of the subway was brutal. Along the way, more and more fans of STORM got in the subway to JYPE’s office and the whole train was cramped. She could barely move amidst the chirping of an excited sea of girls (and some boys). Also, she wasn’t the only one who was still wearing her uniform. Even though her situation on the subway was pitiful, Youngji thought that her excitement just got more pumped as she heard the endless chatting of almost everyone around her about STORM.

 

As soon as she disembarked from the train, she followed the throngs of her fellow 빗방울 towards the restaurant which Mark pointed out on his Instagram. When she got there, the place was slowly getting filled up. She immediately ran inside despite of her limp to secure a table for herself. She was quite sure that she’d just collapse if she kept on standing and being pushed.

 

She checked her wristwatch and there’s still almost an hour and a half before the agreed meet-up time. She passed the time by ordering and eating food since she was starving. The place was filled up to the brim an hour before STORM shows up. Good thing I got here earlier, she thought to herself as she munched on her food.

 

The fans’ excited cheers instantly woke every fiber of Youngji’s system. Hearing them chant “MARKSON! MARKSON! MARKSON STORM!” at the top of their lungs was a huge indicator that the two boys were already around. She excitedly joined in the fan chant as she elatedly clapped her hands in anticipation for the boys’ arrival inside the restaurant.

 

It wasn’t long before Mark’s familiar face went inside, followed by Jackson. The two of them were grinning happily as they made their way towards the table which the JYPE staff readied for the two of them. As soon as they reached their table, the rappers faced all the 빗방울 surrounding them. “Thank you so much for being here today!” Jackson hollered, and the fans instantly clapped their hands.

 

“We didn’t expect that a lot of you will be able to come today,” Mark confessed with a chuckle. “It had only been three hours since Jackson and I posted on Instagram, and yet, there are at least three hundred of you guys who came here.”

 

Jackson nodded. “Mark’s right, guys. We’re really happy that we will be able to celebrate today together! And well, to those who weren’t able to come, I hope we will see you on the official event this coming Saturday for STORM’s second-year anniversary!” He ended enthusiastically as the loud cheers of fans swept everyone away.

 

Youngji clapped alongside the other fans. She whipped her phone out and took dozens of pictures of the two boys. She had seen them before personally, but the palpable excitement in her bloodstream whenever she sees the two was still unchanging as ever. Before STORM came, she wasn’t a big fan of rappers. However, all of that changed when Mark Tuan took her feelings by storm.

 

The two boys happily chatted with the other fans as everyone ate. Even though she was quite far from their table, she was contented watching them interact with the fans. She didn’t even notice the time passing as she continued to observe the duo.

 

Her phone’s ringtone blared and she caught some people’s attentions. She bowed apologetically before answering the phone. “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“YAH HEO YOUNGJI!” Hara’s voice boomed. “When are you planning to get home, you gijibae?! It’s already nighttime! Your omma’s already looking for you.”

 

Youngji’s eyes widened as she caught sight of the time. It was indeed late! “Omo unnie, please cover for me! I’ll go home soon!” She pleaded as she carelessly tucked her stuffs inside her backpack. She didn’t even notice that Mark and Jackson were already saying their goodbye speech to the fans. As much as she loves the two boys, her mother’s and Hara’s wrath were more lethal.

 

“Aish. Better get back here soon! Take care, okay?” Hara responded.

 

“Neh unnie! Thank you!” She said before bidding the elder girl goodbye. She tightly shut her backpack before eyeing the front door. It was crowded and there was no way that Youngji would survive there especially with her bruised backside and hip. She whipped her head back and forth trying to find the back door. She caught sight of it and stealthily moved before the owner spots her.

 

She didn’t expect that both Mark and Jackson were actually heading the same way as her. Her eyes widened before running towards the door in hopes of outdoing the two boys. She bit her lip as pain shot up from her hip so she opted to walk briskly. The walk to the door wasn’t that long, but her chest was already heaving because of pain.

 

Youngji opened the door and caught sight of the fans who were coming since they knew that Mark and Jackson would exit from the back door. She was panicking since the two directions from where she could leave were blocked by the fans who were armed with their cameras. She turned her head back and saw that Jackson, followed by Mark, were fast approaching. It was a miracle that the two boys weren’t able to spot her yet because they were busy saying goodbye and waving to the fans.

 

AISH HEO YOUNGJI! How did you get yourself into this mess?! She reprimanded herself, but she knew that there was no way out. She gingerly opened the back door slightly and was surprised to find that the fans were already closing in. She worriedly turned her head back once more, not expecting someone else’s body to collide with hers.

 

It all happened so fast. Youngji turned and Jackson’s heavy built crashed with hers. Her hip accidentally hit the door, causing it to swing open. Jackson’s eyes were wide as he tried to reach the falling girl in front of him, not expecting to lose balance himself as his lips landed on top of hers.

 

Fans’ gasps were heard as they continuously photographed the scene in front of them. Both Youngji’s and Jackson’s eyes were wide open as they stare into each other; the unfamiliar weight of the other’s lips resting against their own.

 

Upon realizing what happened, they both pushed each other away as STORM’s bodyguards began blocking the fans’ view of them. The other guards and JYPE staffs then began to usher the fans away. On the other hand, the two involved were paralyzed as they kept on staring at each other’s eyes.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAH!” They simultaneously screamed.