{ f o u r }

A Whirlwind of Unexpected

{ chapter f o u r }

 

STORM’s manager accompanied Youngji inside the hospital to treat her hip and backside. It was a good thing that a doctor was immediately available as soon as they arrived.

 

“This is one nasty bruise, Heo Youngji-ssi,” the female doctor commented as she examined the younger girl’s hip. She took out her materials and began preparing for the treatment of Youngji’s bruises. “Where did you get this?”

 

Youngji bit her lip at the sting of the medicine but she held herself. She understood that the doctor was only trying to distract her from the pain by talking to her. “I fell hard earlier, doctor.”

 

“Oooh.” The doctor commented, wincing. “You should’ve taken yourself to the hospital earlier.” She scolded. “This could’ve been worse, Youngji-ssi.”

 

The younger kept mum as the doctor instructed her with what she had to do. She was also given painkillers which she should take regularly so that the bruise won’t bother her so much. “Thank you so much, doctor,” she said.

 

“It’s okay! Be safe next time, Youngji!”

 

Youngji bowed once more before following STORM’s manager out. They quietly reached the van and began driving off towards JYPE’s company building.

 

“Youngji-ssi, I think it’d be best if you’d tell your mother that you’ll be late.” Mark advised. “I’m sure that Jinyoung hyung would want to talk to you,” he added, referring to JYPE’s founder.

 

Her eyes widened at what Mark said. MWO?! Omo, omo, I hope he won’t sue me! My gosh omma will kill me when she knows about this! Aish, why did I have to mess with such big-time people?! She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself before typing a quick text to her mother. She just hopes that none of her family members were interested in watching news about idols.

 

She remained quiet all throughout the trip, continuing to worry about her impending doom as soon as she meets Park Jinyoung. It didn’t take long before the van stopped in front of the company’s entrance. Tons of reporters and cameramen were camping outside of the said company.

 

“Aish,” STORM’s manager, whose name was Seunghoon, huffed upon seeing the media who were hungry for news. He turned to the three of them. “Mark, Jackson, Youngji-ssi, the guards will be here soon so just stay put. And!” He glared at Jackson. “Don’t say anything, okay?”

 

The three of them remained quiet as the minutes passed. Mark busied himself by rummaging their mini-closet inside the van wherein they keep extra clothes. After about three minutes, the bulky bodyguards of JYPE were seen approaching the van. It was the longest three minutes in the history of Heo Youngji’s life.

 

“Wait, Youngji-ssi,” Mark called out as he tossed her a hoodie. “Wear this.”

 

“YAH YAH, THAT’S MINE!” Jackson protested, but Mark only shot him a look. He ended up pouting like a child as he kept on sulking.

 

Youngji blinked twice at the hoodie resting on her lap. “Why would I need to…” She eyed Mark curiously while grasping the soft material of the hoodie.

 

“Just trust me. It’s a wilderness out there. If they manage to see your name or even your school, I’m sure they’ll stop at nothing to bother you.” Youngji only nodded in fear as she put on the hoodie. It was a loose fit and it almost swallowed her whole frame, but she figured that maybe that was for the best. She immediately engulfed her head with the jacket’s hood as soon as the bodyguards opened the van’s door.

 

Mark went out first holding Youngji’s right wrist, followed by Jackson who was holding her by her left wrist. The bodyguards suggested that so that they won’t be separated. There was a huge commotion as the reporters asked a cacophony of questions especially targeted towards Jackson and Youngji. The latter only kept her head bowed and shut as the two boys quietly guided her inside the building.

 

Jackson instantly dropped her wrist as soon as they got out of the reporters’ eagle eyes, seemingly disgusted at touching her. Youngji only glared at him as Mark chuckled. “Now, now, don’t fight kids. Let’s settle this with Jinyoung hyung.” He stated before leading the way towards the JYPE founder’s office.

 

Seunghoon quietly knocked on the door before a voice instructed them to come in. As usual, Mark went in first, followed by Jackson and Youngji, while the manager came in last.

 

Park Jinyoung hadn’t been able to say a word when Youngji suddenly dropped to her knees and bowed to the man. She rubbed her palms together as she plead for forgiveness. “MIANHAEYO! MIANHAEYO! Please don’t sue me, we’re not rich! IT WAS JUST AN ACCIDENT! I DIDN’T MEAN TO RUIN STORM’S CAREER! PLEASE DON’T SUE ME, PLEAAAAASE!”

 

The four men inside the office were all dumbfounded as they stared at the girl who was insistently asking for forgiveness in front of them. Park Jinyoung coughed before walking towards the younger girl. He bent and offered his hand to her. “Come on, stand up, we’re not going to sue you.”

 

“Really?” She asked, her eyes tear-stained as the CEO helped her up.

 

Jinyoung gently smiled as he handed her his handkerchief. “Really. So don’t cry now, miss…?”

 

“Youngji. Heo Youngji.” She supplied while wiping her face with the CEO’s handkerchief. She even had the guts to blow her nose on it, much to the surprise of everyone– mostly Jackson. His head was filled with thoughts on how unhygienic the girl who kissed him was. He tightly closed his eyes to will the image away before focusing on the scene in front of him.

 

“Youngji-ssi, can you please explain what happened to me, then?” Jinyoung softly prodded so as not to scare the younger girl.

 

The high school student nodded as she began recounting the details to the CEO. Jinyoung nodded slowly as he processed what happened. From what Youngji said, it seemed that it was indeed an accident. Besides, the girl looked so earnest that it was just impossible for her to be lying.

 

“Okay then, do you really want to help STORM, Youngji-ssi?” Jinyoung questioned.

 

Youngji nodded enthusiastically.

 

“What you’ll have to do is simple. We will release the story that everything was indeed an accident and for everyone to believe that, we will need your official statement. Is that okay?” The CEO stated as the wide-eyed Youngji nodded once more.

 

“Since that’s already settled, Seunghoon,” he turned to STORM’s manager. “Why don’t you take Youngji-ssi home? It’s already late and a high school student like her needs to be home already.”

 

Youngji bolted up from her seat, waving her hands in front of Jinyoung. “Omo, that won’t be necessary! I can get home by myself!”

 

“I insist.” Jinyoung answered. “It’s dangerous for you to commute alone at this time of the night, Youngji-ssi.”

 

Youngji wasn’t able to deny the CEO’s request. She left her phone number and email address so that the company will be able to contact her once they deemed fit. She thanked the kind CEO and apologized to the two rappers once more before Seunghoon took her home.