Epilogue

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The eerie silence of the cemetery was disturbed by the happy laughter of children. Two children dashed through the rows of tombstone hand in hand. The untouched white snow crushed under their two feet.

“Umma, why are you so slow.” asked the little girl.

“You’re umma has always been slow gorgeous.” I answered but only I could hear myself.

My Haewon has grown up to be a very pretty girl. Her light brown long hair tied into two ponytails. She wore a blue dress that was scattered with white flowers underneath the heavily padded winter coat. In her hand was a bouquet of sunflower and the other was holding a boy that had looks so distinctively similar to hers. He too had light brown hair just shorter. They were both very fair with flushed red cheeks. My Daehyun is a really charming young man for a five year old. He must have taken it from me.

Sophie, she was still beautiful as ever. The three of them walked up to where my body was laid to rest. Sophie took the sunflowers they brought and replaced the old flowers that were beginning to wither because of the cold winter wind that was beginning to roll in. She lit the candles that were lined there.

“Have you said you’re prayers for appa?”

Both my children held their hands in front of them and closed their eyes. They stayed silent for a few minutes before nodding to their mother. Sophie has thought them well, I deliberated to myself.

“Appa bogoshipoyo.”shouted Haewon.

“Appa saranghae.”added the little boy.

“I miss you and I love you too.”

“Appa Happy Birthday!” they both shouted to the chilly wind of November. The church bells chimed in the cold breeze as once again only the children’s voices was audible at the lonesome garden of remembrance.

Sophie sat on the snowy ground silently watching the two children looking to the sky, as if talking to me. It was then that Daehyun ran up to his mother and rummaged through her handbag. He then pulled out a colourful booklet with its cover filled with drawings and stickers.

“Appa, we made this in school. The teacher told us to put in pictures and drawings of the things we love.” Daehyun said as he showed off the book to the sky.

Haewon rushed over to her brother and they both sat in front of my grav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter