Two

BAD

Sungyeol’s now at the front seat. Sunggyu had treated Hoya’s wound before they move on continue their journey, the place Sungyeol not even know where to. Sungyeol turned his head towards Hoya when he heard a grunt from the back. Hoya had a big band aid over his shoulder and chest, he overheard Sunggyu said that he lost a lot of blood, the wound on his chest were being left untreated for too long. He wanted to lessen his pain but there’s nothing he could do.

 

Sungyeol looked down and when he lifted his head, he met Myungsoo’s eyes. His lap was full with Hoya’s head. Myungsoo literally scorn at him while his own ice cream. Well, he bought another one when Myungsoo shrieked at him for taking his ice cream. He’s really like a kid before.

 

But his concern was more to Hoya now. And no matter how he tried to console his heart, to think positive, he can’t shrug the fear over his chest. The fact that their number one fighter in the house was down in one night was dead frightening to him.

 

“Hoya, you okay?” Sungyeol eyed again at the back.

 

“Yeah, /cough/ I’m okay Young Master. Don’t worry” Hoya opened one of his eyes. “And… I’m sorry Young Master. I’m really sorry” Hoya coughed badly. Myungsoo’s free hand quickly patted his shoulder, reassured him not to talk too much.    

 

“Hyung. What really happened?” He eyed Sunggyu. “Where’re we heading?”

 

He heard Sunggyu sighed, Sungyeol rarely heard him sigh, even when he throw tantrum. Sungyeol felt jittery, can’t stay still on his seat. “Is our house under attack? Again? Is it that bad this time?”

 

Sunggyu turned at him once before continue speeding on the road. The road was clear but still covered by the forest. There was no other car beside them, nor a sign of house beside the road. Sungyeol can’t really see the end of this road.

 

“They’ve found out the main house and attacking there. Your house was the first, and they took Hoya with them. Then they’re heading the main house”

 

“What? They found out where the main house is?!!” Sungyeol’s agape by the fact. Whaoo, this is really bad. Really, really bad.

 

“Dad! How about dad?”

 

“Master’s save… for now. At least. Let’s hope he can stand for a more few days, until backup arrives from North” Sunggyu voice was heavy.

 

“What do you mean he’s save for now? What happened? How can they recognise my dad? He went underground for years already! We already went underground! What did they want?””

 

 

“Young Master, the thing is not like you’ve been thinking. Please refrain your body from distressed. We need you in a good condition”

 

“How can you expect me be to in a good condition when my head in a mess?! You don’t even tell me properly what’d happen!”

 

“It’s better for Young Master to not know everything that’s not necessary - Uh, I mean, that’s dangerous for you. You should be focusing on your studies. This thing will be over in a time. I assure you that”

 

“Assure me my . Hyung, I know I refuse to take over the house in the future, but I’m not that ignorant! The things regarding my father, I have the rights to know”

 

“If you really think about Master’s benefit, you would’ve succeeded the house already” The cold voice came from the back.

 

Sungyeol can’t help but boiling over the fact. “You shut up Myungsoo! You don’t know anything about me! Don’t just blurt out speaking nonsense!”

 

“I’m just saying the truth”

 

“Stop it you guys. Hoya’s in pain. Please Young Master, there is a thing that’s unexplainable. You won’t understand it”

 

“Do I look like a kid to you Hyung? Just ing explains to me already!”

 

“The most important thing right now is Master’s in a good condition. And you too Young Master, you don’t want to be un-presentable to Master right?”

 

“Are we going to my dad now? Where’s he?”

 

“Just wait for a bit Young Master. We’ll arrive soon”

 

Sungyeol sighed, trying to cool his head down. He at last pressed his back on the seat. There’s too many question unanswered, and Sunggyu being his butler were not helping at all. And he’s too worried there’ll be too many people injured and involved in this.

 

He again looked at the back, checking on Hoya. Hoya’s seem calmer than before, looks like the painkiller really help him. He hope they’ll be rescuer or medical team there – the place they’re heading to.

 

Actually Hoya was resolved to work under his father, being the best fighter in the house, he at least deserved that position. However, since his father decided to cool down and slow down on the gang stuff, his father assigned him to be with Sungyeol. Really, he didn't need Hoya’s assistance much because Sunggyu was enough for him. But his father still insisted that and he think there’s no harm obeying him, it’s just a little uncomfortable.

 

Hoya was being Hoya. He won’t let any person do anything to him. There’s once his junior being sounded sternly just because he’s making Sungyeol staying late to settle the junior’s stuff. Although Hoya was always serious and quiet and they didn’t really have a conversation – they just don’t fit in because Hoya was always awkward beside him -  he still felt protected beside him, like he’s the second Sunggyu.

 

He sighed again when Hoya stirs uncomfortable on Myungsoo’s lap. He slowly met with Myungsoo’s eyes. He scanned his face. The bruise became purplish blue.

 

“You okay?”

 

He saw Myungsoo jerked up a little before nodded and tear his eyes away. He turned back to the front.

 

“I’m sorry Hyung. It’s just, Hoya’s badly injured, my dad condition was unconfirmed and this thing involved Myungsoo too. There are too many people involved, and I just… worried”

 

Sunggyu right hand reached Sungyeol’s hair. He patted the soft hair. “I know Young Master. You don’t show it but you clearly love us dearly”

 

Sungyeol blushed. “I clearly don’t love you Hyung” He shove Sunggyu’s warm hand from his head. He heard a soft chuckle from Sunggyu and it’s beautiful. It’s really a rare event. Sungyeol smiled to himself.

 

“Oh, thank you then. I can’t show much gratitude nevertheless”

 

Sungyeol snapped at the back. “Wha-?”

 

“Thank you Young Master” Myungsoo’s grins effectively look disgusting in Sungyeol’s eyes. Sungyeol really, really hate that look on Myungsoo’s face right now.

 

“That was not even for you”

 

“What was it?”

 

“Are you kidding me?”

 

“Yes, of course”

 

Sungyeol really want to slap something right now, or rather someone. He gave him a glare and turned his head forward.

 

“Hey, just for you to know. I was involved with this house since before” The voice from the back rings in his ear again. He also caught hearing a mumbled ‘so you don’t have to worried that much’.

 

 

+++

 

 

 

“Why are you even here?” They were again at the petrol station, fuelling up the gas and doing their nature calls. Now they were out from the forest and at the small town, at least Sungyeol were seeing people aside from the three.

 

“Don’t you know I’m one of your servants?” Myungsoo rested his back at the car and crossed his arms. They’re outside the car, take in the fresh air for a while. Sunggyu was at the counter buying some food so that Hoya could eat his painkiller before reaching their destination.

 

“Ya, I’m talking to you nicely” Sungyeol stand in front of him. He didn’t understand this boy, just why he have so much grudge towards him?

 

“Then don’t talk to me”

 

“When I’m hoping you would just shut your faulty mouth, you speak nonsense but when I want to hear some explanation, you refused to?”

 

“That’s just who I am”

 

Sungyeol face-palmed himself. There’s nothing he could get from arguing with a kid. He pulled back from facing Myungsoo and landed beside him, back on the car.

 

They then let the silenced filled the air. The evening breeze blows on their face. It’s nice and refreshing. Sungyeol looked up at the skies. How long he hadn’t done this? Looking at the clear blue skies and breathing the fresh grass air.

 

It’s nice, but…

 

Sungyeol sighed. He’s worried over his father. He hadn’t contact often with his distant father. After all, his father went undercover since he washed off his hand. His dad wanted to be left disconnected from the real world. His dad wanted to build up his life from scratch.

 

His father, the Master, Lee’s the seventh. Lee’s family had been in this gang business long before. They did almost everything; ion, drug dealer, human trafficking, black market, although around in 20th century they only mostly do street gangs, extortions and the heaviest was corrupting a company. However, with his father brilliant head, he took up a notch and become the more sophisticated type of yakuza that dealing with a real business. He meant, a real trading legal business except it was done quite illegally. Too much bribe and politic scandals.

 

And Sungyeol, who inherited his father’s brain knew this was wrong since the very beginning. Because of that, he refused to succeed the gang. His father tried to convince Sungyeol to – a least - look into the business to learn a little but to no avail, Sungyeol with a straight face decline it. His father tried to persuade him for 5 years until last year, his father leave him alone.

 

Sungyeol concluded his father’s reason was that his father finally realized – he had been argue with his father a lot about this - they had a super talented underlings that will take a good care of his company. Sungyeol also succeed to convince him that he will do just fine with his brain, on condition he must take along his 25 well-trained bodyguards with him. And of course, the one of the best butlers they had, Kim Sunggyu.

 

However, his father suddenly announced that he‘d retire from the corporate world. He didn’t wish to continue leading his group and instead stay underground. His father chose to go on vacation somewhere around the world with his late wife – an album photo of their memories. Yes, Sungyeol’s mother died when he’s 5 years old and he still didn’t know the main reason of her death. His father kept quiet about this and alas, the whole house don't ever dare to talk about it.

 

His father built another house, after he started travelling. The main house built for the sake of his late mother that contained her memories and beauty. That house was supposed to be remained invisible from others, including his conglomerate and families. Those include him. Sungyeol didn’t know where the main house were or where his father settle down. One thing he know was his father had come back to Korea last few months after been away.

 

The Lee House that world knew was his current house. There’s supposed no one would targeting the main house, how the hell they know?

 

This thing really scared the out of him, how he really worried over his father’s condition. Sungyeol sighed again. Sungyeol then eyed his Hyung that was coming toward them from the side.

 

This Hyung had stay with him so long. Literally, he could say Sunggyu was his mother. They were apart by three years but Sunggyu was trained to serve the Lee house since he was five. Really, if Sunggyu were not with him all this time, he won’t be the one he is today. And for that matter, he had so much gratitude towards him. There’s no way Sunggyu would be betraying the house. Silly him. He chuckled a little.

 

“What are you chuckling for?”

 

“Eh, who’s talking to me?” He mocked the younger.

 

He heard a grunt. “Fine, do whatever you want”

 

“Cheee, you’re the one that’s doing whatever you want”

 

“Can’t you just be like other Young Master that will behave like one?”

 

“I don’t associate with other Young Master so I won’t know one, so why don’t you tell me how those Young Master act like?”

 

“Seriously?” Myungsoo eyed him. “A true Young Master from a reputable gang won’t just dissed his business just for his own benefit, like you! They won’t ditch their job, they won’t leave their underlings just like that! We have nothing but this to continue our lives, we trust Master to lead us well! We put our lives to protect Master and the House. I put my lives to protect you! How could you just back out like a coward and continue with your own selfish life! Where’s your responsibility? And now Master’s the one who back out. Truly, what the hell happened in your House? I just don’t understand it”

 

Sungyeol blinked at the fumed Myungsoo. He kind of knew that all of their subordinates were disappointed by his decision. But it truly broke their heart when his father also determined to leave the gang world and stay low. Maybe it broke their hope and faith towards the gang, his father, the only thing they had.

 

“I… I’m.. No.. It’s just… I don’t want to live like this.”

 

“What? You should be grateful enough for having what you had until now! You had everything when you blinked your eyes to the world. What was so wrong with this life?”

 

“What was wrong? Violence, bribery, this bloodshed, all of this is wrong. Don’t just ignore it when others are also doing it. Don’t just follow it when you’re given the order. Think! You had a choice. You own your own life” Sungyeol’s face was red.

 

“The with that when all I have is this House! How can I choose to leave? This is all I have!”

 

“Then tell me, what’ll you do when the House is gone? When the gang is gone? You too will leave”

 

“Don’t put words in my mouth!!! I will protect this House with my life!”

 

“You kids always bickering, should I put one in north and one in south so that I can have a peaceful time?” Sunggyu cut the two off, eyeing them.

 

“I’m not a kid!” Sungyeol and Myungsoo said at the same time. The eyed each other before Sungyeol opened the front door seat and slam it hard. But before Myungsoo could open the door, Sunggyu pushed him aside.

 

“You drive now. I haven’t been sleeping for more a day. Let me sleep for a while” Sunggyu said while passing the keys to Myungsoo.

 

“Hyung, I don’t have a licence.”

 

“I prefer we run away from police traffic rather than having accident. Plus, don’t pretend you don’t know how to drive. I know what you do behind me”

 

It’s not that Myungsoo didn’t want to drive, he’s okay with it, considering Sunggyu had been stayed up all night before. But the second he though he’ll be sitting beside Sungyeol made his stomach churn sideways. Nevertheless, Myungsoo hadn’t any choice when Sunggyu already headed to back seat.

 

“I’m sorry Young Master. Can I get some sleep? Just for about three hours?” Sunggyu said while taking Hoya’s head to his lap.

 

“Ah okay, Hyung must be tired. But who’ll driv- Why are you here?” Sungyeol jerked when Myungsoo took the driver seat.

 

“What do you think princess?”

 

“Hyung, let me watch over Hoya. You can sleep peacefully at the front” He turned at the back.

 

“No, I can’t do that Young Master. I just let Hoya eat something and take his pills, and then I’ll sleep”

 

Sungyeol bewildered at Sunggyu’s words. He eyed at Myungsoo who’s already reversing the car and at last sighed. Fine, just for Sunggyu’s sake.

 

“Drive safely Myungsoo. Just take this road until you reach T-junction and turn left, from that just go straight. Wake me up after three hours” Sunggyu ducked his head to the front.

 

Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah, I know Hyung. There’s one time I follow you there remember?”

 

“Okay” Sunggyu continue checking Hoya’s band-aid, there’s more blood but at least it’s not that bad this time.

 

Sungyeol eyed the persons that leisurely drive his car. He still not satisfied with how Myungsoo act before and now there’s one more thing he want an explanation – argument - from him.

 

“Now, tell me when were you followed Sunggyu Hyung to my father’s place? Where I haven’t been before?” Sungyeol crossed his arms when he felt Myungsoo noticed he’d been staring since before.

 

“Just mind your own business”

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there, me again with a failed chap,, huhu

i can't think straight,, TT_TT

I love Myung's loyalty here,, & Yeol being upfront about his princips,,

Ur comments r my love and source of life (to write i mean),, So please do comment yaw?!!

happy reading ^_^