One

BAD

 

Sungyeol kept his eyes on his books. Reading carefully line by line, words by words while his finger pointing at the end of each line that he's going through, didn't want to repeat the same content. He sometimes scribbles whatever terms and words that he can't digest yet in his head. Not enough, he looked into his phone, google-ing the definitions. He scorn on his phone to absorb whatever popped on his screen. He opened several tabs of related page to understands more, thumb scrolling down expertly with his left hand, and pencil on the right hand ready to jot down. 

 

“Gyahahaha!!! You…!!”    “Whatt?? Haha”    “Don’t be like that… Keke”

 

The library was not empty, especially not when the final exam were around the corner. It's half-full with the students, all scattered around him. This was the only place that he would occupy whenever he had a time to bring himself to, his favourite spots in the university. There's noise everywhere, a couple of group studying out loud without considering where they were at the first place, discussing what Sungyeol want to believe related to their subjects. 

 

Nevertheless, that never distracts him. People go back and forth in front of him, some even bumped their thighs onto his table, making his sloppy writing even sloppier that he had to cross it out and rewrite again. He not even bother to erase it with liquid paper nor looking at the person's eyes who's apologising for disturbing him, just a slight bow that showed he heard him and accept his apologies.

 

Somehow, he kind of like it, this buzzing voice and sound that sometimes alternated with high-pitched giggling that comes from nowhere. The ultimate reason was because he can memorize his text aloud, loud enough for his own ear but not loud enough for others to even capture whatever he babbling about.

 

“So the section here tells about this… Oh yeah, there’s some jurisdiction on the clause that stated… There’s two cases… The reason why he founded guilty was…”

 

It's almost 10pm and he's still there with bunch more students that want to stay late like him. Sungyeol pick up his messy note in front of him, resting both of his elbows on the table, covering all his sluggish face. He's kind of tired from memorizing all the law sections. His lazy eyes scanning the mind map that cover one of the longest chapter. It's hideous when he look back at it, not that he mind it, but he sometimes afraid he can't recognize what the hell he had been writing. 

 

He at last put down the not so clean paper that he holds for the last 15 minutes. His tired eyes scanning the library at once, there were not that much people anymore.

 

His eyes catch someone at a glance. He almost yelped, and quickly covered back his face with the paper. The anxiety that builds in his stomach makes him want to avoid those eyes-that maybe searching for him. Not that he didn't want to be found, but why must be him out of all person that become his alarm to remind him of his curfew. 

 

He had almost 25 well-trained bodyguards that assigned especially for him, and out of that number why must him? Before this, always Hoya will pick him up. Surely Hoya is stronger and better and smarter than him, and obviously obey Sungyeol better that anyone.

 

"Young Master, let's go back" That deep voice fortunately dimmed by the surrounding voice. Sungyeol abruptly put down his paper and glare at the boy, frustrated that the boy could found him in no time. Not that he really want to disregard him, but it makes him annoyed.

 

"Don't you dare call me that outside!" Sungyeol hissed. He's staring bare at those eyes. His eyes automatically twitched showing disgust and anger. 

 

They have a short staring contest when at last he heard the boy sighed at the side annoyed before facing him. "Okay, Lee Sungyeol-shi. Let's go back please? It's almost your curfew"

 

"You don't have to mention the words ‘curfew’. I know it’s time. And don't give me that look!" Sungyeol glared.

 

He packed his thing in rush, almost left out his notes behind. The boy tried to help him but Sungyeol long arms quickly snatched it and stomp towards the exit.

 

The boy waited patiently when he queued to borrow some books, and still do so until he’s out from there. Sungyeol just let the boy follow him like a shadow when Sunggyu already waited for him in the car. Great, Sunggyu’s not wearing his normal black suit anymore but instead his casual low-neck dark blue shirt covered with a white long cardigan. Sungyeol’s eyes sparks even more when there’s less people waiting for him today, including there’s none of them that will opened the door for him. In fact, there were only three of them.  

 

Weird.

 

There will be not less than five people usually, with at least two cars escorting them from afar. It’s getting weirder when the boy slipped into the front seat. He know Sunggyu and that boy, Kim Myungsoo are brothers, but it’s always Sunggyu and he will ride this car. His chest started churning in a weird twist making he believed there's something off somewhere. Especially when the car run exceptionally faster than the norm, as if they were running away from something.

 

He wanted to release the tension so he started “What’s up today Hyung?” He ducked his head a little.

 

The air getting eerier when there’s no reply. It's not so weird when Sunggyu're not replying him, considering the always quiet butler that only respond when ordered or asked seriously, but in this not so comfortable air, he think he deserved a well responded answer or comment that will ease his little weak heart. Sungyeol clears his throat and shifting his bag aside before tried again. “Umm, hyung?”

 

Sungyeol silenced when again he got no answer. He briefly glanced at the library from the window, it's getting smaller and soon they passed the university's gate. Cold sweat started formed at his temple despite the cold temperature from the luxury car. His always-dry hand somehow excretes sweat now.  He scooted a little to look at the rear-view mirror, Sunggyu’s face was tight. That Hyung always had that face on him, but this time it’s tighter. For a moment he caught a glance of Myungsoo's side. That boy still wears his poker face. Acting arrogant while crossed his arm. Spoiled brat.

 

He can’t prevent his brain from imagined the most hideous event that may happened during his absence of more than 14 hours that day. Adding up all the possibility, calculating, tracking and analysing the situation, including the strange event that Sunggyu forgot to make him coffee that morning - Sunggyu said that he overslept. Sungyeol mean, how can the perfect Sunggyu, the second best butler in the house can be overslept? That’s absurd - the closest induction was;

 

“Hyung, are you betraying the house?” His voice is small. He wanted it to be stern, to at least show that he's in rule, but the distressed emotions hold his voice back.

 

But Sungyeol did not expect such a direct response, when the car screeched to the right before Sunggyu could pull himself back and Myungsoo burning a hole towards him with his murderous stare. Sungyeol blinked rapidly.

 

"Haish youuuu. Could you just keep quiet and sit prettily?" The sarcastic tone was out from Myungsoo's mouth. Sungyeol gawked at him, how could he? Sungyeol's a young master in the house, no one dare to raise a voice at him, especially in that tone. But this kid, ever since, ever since before he really didn't follow the rules huh?

 

"What? Myungsoo, you're giving me this attitude since before. I am the young master in the house, remember that!"

 

"Psyhhh, who would want to serve you anyway"

 

"Wha-? Just because Sunggyu is your brother doesn't mean that you can act cocky to me. You have to remember whose shoving you the shelter and food!"

 

"It's your father bruh... Aren’t there any logical things you can argue about? How could a person like you attended university seriously? Ahh, connection. Oh, i forgot about that"

 

"Yaa! I got there with my own ability, my own handworks. Don't you dare underestimate me!"

 

"I can't understand just WHY you want to attend the place that's full of bull and arrogant people that like to brag about how genius they were, while they're not. It's useless" His hands flail upwards.

 

"Fine, I'm not talking to you. Our standard are different enough that make you spewing nonsense to academicians like us. You can never understand us with your level of thinking. We are indeed different Kim Myungsoo" Sungyeol crossed his arm.

 

"Yeah, yeah. Just keep believing whatever you want and put that kind of thinking in your pitiful minds and die with your so-called genius brain”

 

“What? Die? Yaa!! How could you wishing your master to die!!?” Sungyeol’s hand already reached Myungsoo’s collar. Myungsoo’s calmly yanked Sungyeol’s wrist to his side making the other to slump towards his laps. No matter how hard Sungyeol tried to pull back, his energy wasted in vain, he really can’t win against the second’s stronger fighter in the house. Damn this kid, not even spare him a little.

 

"Kids please!" Sunggyu stopped them. “And Myungsoo, let Young Master go. You’re not supposed to do this” Sunggyu voice was cold.

 

Myungsoo slowly let the other’s wrist go. Sungyeol give him a satisfied ‘humph’ and back to his seat.

 

“Hyun-”

 

“I’ll explain to you later. And no, I’m not betraying the house. Especially not you Young Master” Sunggyu cut him off calmly.

 

“How should I know that?” He unconsciously pouted. It’s true that Sungyeol have that much doubt, but he literally didn't put trust to anyone except himself.

 

“You know what I am Young Master” That left Sungyeol mute. Yeah, he knew this Hyung enough. He and Myungsoo will be the least candidate to do that.

 

He looked outside. Suddenly he saw something ignites and flew upwards, or rather towards them. Sungyeol bulged his eyes “Hyunggg!!!!!”

 

They’re lucky Sunggyu could avoid that calmly. It just barely touched them. What the-? Who the hell threw fireworks blindly?! Sungyeol scrutinize his eyes, wait for another one, but this time there’s nothing they could do when it’s no more fireworks, instead a dynamite flew right toward them.

 

“Hyungggg!!! Dynamiteeee!!! Turn right!!”

 

Sungyeol scooted away from the left door, assuming there would be less impact and putting hope on Sunggyu’s skill. The dynamite landed dangerously close at their back. The car jumped and went spinning around and crashes everything around it. His head and body was bump hardly against the roof and window.

 

Sungyeol was still conscious when the car stopped spinning but his body hurt like hell, especially on his leg. He looked around for a while. The car was upside down. It was when he heard a loud truck coming towards him with a bright light he noticed he was alone in the car.

 

“Sungyeol, grab my hand!!!” Sungyeol looked up. It’s Myungsoo. “Ppalli idiot!!!”

 

Sungyeol reached out difficultly. When he grabbed his hand, there’s Sunggyu hand that’s come from nowhere and try to pull his body out from the car. But they failed, Sungyeol’s leg was stuck beneath the front seat.

 

“I can’t. My leg’s stuck!” Sungyeol intended to let the hands go, trying to free his left leg.

 

“Just grab our hand! Don’t you dare let it go!” Myungsoo face twitched angrily. The time was short, if they don’t let Sungyeol out by this time, there’s no chance they’ll survived.

 

“I’m sorry Young Master but we don’t have any time” Sungyeol screamed when Sunggyu grabbed his back of jeans and pulled him out by force.

 

Myungsoo then harshly pulled Sungyeol body up to his back, his hand dragging Sungyeol’s arm over his chest. With all Myungsoo had, he rushed and threw their bodies to the bush nearby. The truck crashed the car like crazy, not even bother stopping after the impact.

 

They panted out on the soft grass. That was a close one.

 

“It’s hurts idiot!!!” Sungyeol yanked his arm from Myungsoo’s chest, smacked his head, and pulled his body aside from the warm back.

 

“Ya! I used my body as your cushion!”

 

“That’s the least you can do idiot”

 

“I’m so sorry Young Master, we were too carried away to kill the brats that we didn’t realized you’re still in the car” Sunggyu come and bowed his head.

 

Sungyeol sighed. “It’s okay. Are you okay Hyung?” He looked over Sunggyu’s body that covered in blood.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay. It’s their blood, don’t worry about it. Your leg’s okay?”

 

“I don’t know” Sungyeol looked over his left leg. Sunggyu carefully pulled his jeans up, showing a big purple bruise already formed on his ankle. Sunggyu cautiously inspected his ankle and nodded satisfiedly.

 

“Looks like the bruise are not that bad. Do you think you can walk?” Sunggyu was up, trying to help him stand. Sungyeol jolted when Myungsoo grab his waist to help him too, but he just let him.

 

When he able to stand properly and felt it’s not that hurt, “I think I’ll be okay. Thanks Hyung” He smiled thankfully.

 

“And what’s with ‘I’m soooooo hurt’ before?” Myungsoo mocked from his side.

 

“Yaaa!! You…!!!”

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

They managed to get some other car after waiting for 15 minutes with some first aid kit and a bag of clothes. Sungyeol take note not to underestimate Sunggyu’s connection. They changed their cloth at the nearby petrol station and into the car after getting Sungyeol’s ankle treated with ice cubes.

 

“Young Master, please sleep well. We won’t be reaching our destination until dusk. I’m sorry for inconvenience sleeping in the car. Myungsoo, you too. We have something to do tomorrow morning. Save your little energy for that” Sunggyu voice maybe calm and conceited, but Sungyeol knew there’s big thing happened. He also knew, aside Sunggyu’s soft tone, it’s an order from the butler.

 

“Where’re we going Hyung?”

 

“I’ll tell you when we’re reaching there, Young Master” This was not a little thing considering he had to leave the house immediately.

 

Sunggyu turned right towards the old road showing no end, all surrounding with dark and thick forest. Sungyeol knew he won’t see his fluffy bed for a while. Look like they’re on a vacation again - according to him, not to Sunggyu and Myungsoo at least.

 

 

“, my final is tomorrow” He murmured and reached the rectangle pillow before sliding down the leather seat. He folded his long leg, adjusting his body and letting his back placed comfortably. Looked like his ankle was getting better.

 

Then there’s a voice from the front “You should be thinking of saving your before your important exam”

 

Angered with the response, his unhurt leg automatically hit Myungsoo’s seat. “It IS important” before he closed his heavy eyelids. He supposed to be back on his room, recalling back what will be possible out for his final tomorrow. Sungyeol sighed heavily thinking he might have to repeat his semester.

 

 

+++

 

 

Sungyeol could feel the car slowly decelerating and at last pulled to a stop, but he refused to wake up. His eyes were too heavy. He studied too much yesterday. Oh , exam! That make his conscious awake but he still refused to open his eyes, knowing there’s no point to wake now.

 

“We’re here already?” He heard a rough and husky voice. Myungsoo must be just awake.

 

“Yeah” Sunggyu’s voice paused. “Sungyeol’s still asleep. Let’s go, help me preparing”

 

His body rocked when they were closing the door. Sungyeol slowly cracked open his eyes. It’s still dark grey. Where’s he? He rubbed his eyes and pulled his body up with so much difficulty and at last smacked his head at the window. He grimaced a little from the impact, didn't know it will be hurt. He pulled the blanked that comes from nowhere close to his body. He lazily scanned the area, searching for the two with his eyes.

 

They were at the deserted petrol station, there’s only one oil pump and it’s rusty. Sunggyu was at the counter, buying some bread and snacks with Myungsoo tagging at his behind. Myungsoo had his hand in the pocket while looking over the ice cream refrigerator. He saw him quickly grabbed an ice cream cone and put it at the counter before the cashier finished counting the things. Myungsoo just grinned widely when Sunggyu snap at him but in the end paying all their stuffs.

 

How nice.

 

To have a brother. A brother that will take care of you no matter what you done. A brother that will up all your aegyo and spoil you nevertheless.

 

Sungyeol didn't know Sunggyu called him by his name, not ‘Young Master’ when he’s not there, or at least won’t hear him. He felt warm though. He smiled timidly. Urghh, it’s cold. He snuggled more to his warm blanket.

 

The two of them were walking towards him when he looked up again. Both of them noticed he’s awake. He saw Sunggyu smiled and Myungsoo just show his mocking face with a mouthed ‘what are looking at?’ at him. Sungyeol rolled his eyes, he have low blood pressure in the morning and thus have no energy to argue with anyone.  

 

Sunggyu surprisingly did not enter the car but opened the car’s bonnet and from the side mirror he saw him pulled out a black bag before handing it over to Myungsoo. Myungsoo walked to the woods and disappeared immediately.

 

Sungyeol went out, intending to ask Sunggyu where the brat went.

 

“Let’s wait for him” Sunggyu answered the question before he could open his mouth. Sungyeol nodded a little before excusing himself to the toilet nearby. There’s so much resonating in his mind. What’s really happened? Sunggyu still refused to talk to him about anything.

 

Sungyeol just blinked blankly towards Sunggyu that offer him the bread without word when he’s back in the car. He slowly munched the bread. It’s delicious, the strawberry bread is, but his dry throat can’t really accept food though.

 

He put aside his bread after two small bites. He pulled again his blanked around his shoulder. The air’s getting brighter.

 

“Please eat Young Master. You don’t even have dinner last night”

 

“Don’t want to”

 

Sunggyu turned at him, behind that calm face, Sungyeol know he worry about him. But Sungyeol really didn't like the taste of bread right now.

 

“Here” Sunggyu passed him the ice cream, the one Myungsoo bought for himself.

 

Sugyeol accept it without protest, opening the wrapped and the sweet thing. It feels nice when the cold substance flow down his throat. But he stopped from the half-eaten ice cream when he saw Myungsoo’s out from the forest with someone, injured. Sungyeol’s out from the car and dashed towards them.

 

Myungsoo’s face was a mess, there’s a bruise here and there and his lip’s was cut. It was worse that last night. And beside him is, Hoya!!! Sungyeol saw how Hoya’s limping and put his own weight onto Myungsoo. He wanted to reached out to them, maybe helping Hoya to stand properly at least, but before he could do that Sunggyu cut him off by bringing Hoya over his shoulder.

 

Sungyeol stunned there able to do nothing aside from watching Sunggyu helped Hoya on his wound at the car. He turned when he noticed a hard stare from his side. Sungyeol perplexed a little with the stare. Myungsoo leaned toward him before settling his eyes on the half-eaten ice cream.

 

“You eat my ice cream!!!”

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yorobunnn,, annyeong /smile widely/,, ah, i'm getting sleepy here,, 

But anyway, here's the first chap,,!! Hope this was okay? hehe

idk,, i need to work out on my vocabs,, & grammar,, lolol

btw, please tell me about what u thinks on the comment,, 

Really, ur comment make me fired up!! Thankz~~~