Night 3

Sunny's Story

 

 

The sun has hidden and Sunny is gone, Taeyeon takes the laptop and the child to her bedroom. When the little one has changed into her pajamas and is already in the covers, Taeyeon brings the laptop to the bed, sends a message in her phone and soon there’s a call in the laptop. She answers and the child almost throws off the laptop in excitement.

– “Mommy!”

– “Hello cutie pie, I miss you so much! How did the day go?” The smile in Tiffany’s was radiant -“Did mom Taeyeon give you the ice cream she promised?

- I miss you too mommy. Mom Taeyeon gave me chocolate mint ice cream!

Taeyeon quickly interrupts - “Well daughter Emily was very cute so I could not resist” trying to be nonchalant but then breaking into a small smile and continues observing the other two. Tiffany on the other side of the screen is smiling widely

Emily ask for the third night in a row – “When are you coming back?” and Tiffany feeling guilty for leaving the child responds in the most reassuring manner she can muster – “In two days, remember? Sunny is telling you stories to pass the time. And you have Taeyeon with you, also aunt Sunny, and Jessica and Yoona, all of them”

Taeyeon watches the mother and the kid talk for another 15 minutes, the kid tells her the story of the day and Tiffany smiles and nods but looks a little embarrassed, until the little one suddenly falls asleep, Taeyeon tucks her in on the bed and slides to the floor with the laptop.

- “She must be exhausted”, she says and then grins when notices Tiffany’s look - What?

– “I miss you a lot too.”

Taeyeon smile widens and her voice softens – “I know that, I miss you too, but more so Emily. this is the first time you leave her solely on my care. Oh! and I have to think of a story for tomorrow, you know.”

 – “I know, I am trying to speed everything here but I am not the only one involved so is pretty difficult. Anyway, Have you thou--“ Tiffany pauses for a second, tells something to another person and then moves to another place, it looks like a bathroom. Taeyeon laughs – “Why are you in the bathroom?”

– “Sorry, too much noise, the assistants are discussing something about today’s meeting” Tiffany huffs passing her hands through her face - “Anyway, were you saying?”

– “A story for tomorrow, maybe I should tell her how we met.”

- “Oh really?” Tiffany quirks a brow suggestively

 - “Okay, not the whole thing!” And Tiffany laughs, suddenly Taeyeon admits to herself that she misses her more than she lets on

– “I miss your laugh” Taeyeon says. Tiffany eyes soften – “I miss all of you, just two more days, and then no more of this.”

 Taeyeon nods and she really has no problem with it, is work and as soon as is over the three will be together again.  Taeyeon notices Tiffany’s yawn – “you’re exhausted too? The day has just started over there”, she jokes.

- “Oh shut up, I didn’t sleep well, I really hate the mattress.”

- “Mattress huh?”

- “Among other things”, and Taeyeon snorts again

There’s a knock at the bathroom’s door and she sighs – “I have to go now, I will see you soon, give all my love to Emily and say hi to Sunny for me… also chose another story please!, invite Yoona over maybe” Taeyeon snorts - “No way, this one is memorable, I will consider the Yoona proposal, though”, then smiles, - “I will see you soon, love”

- “Bye, good night” Tiffany waves her hands and blows kisses

- “Have a good day”

Taeyeon shuts down the laptop, puts it on the table next to the bed and goes to sleep, a text message comes in before she closes her eyes

“I love you” she sighs contently and turns to hug her daughter. Only two more days to go.