Day 3

Sunny's Story

In a town house during an autumn day, the apple three on the backyard sways slightly, and inside the house everything is cozy, it’s the perfect time to tell another of the many stories from years ago.

- “Alright kiddo!” Sunny yells from the living room. – “Ready to hear another of your mom stories? I got one that’s a little dramatic”; she makes a pause looking for the kid’s favorite cotton candy pink chicken plushy around the couch. – “But not that much! So don’t worry, I won’t scare you.” Sunny spots the plushy and quickly grabs it.

 – “Also remember today is day three so just two more to go.” The little one comes running to her from the kitchen and jumps to the sofa giving a huff, and settles in looking for her plushy, when she notices aunt Sunny Is sitting on it!

Sunny is sitting on the floor, on the favorite plush of Tiffany’s daughter and the little girl is trying to get it back

- “Come on aunt Sunny, give it back!” The child is half whining, half grinning.

 - “You are squashing it!” She whines playfully once more. Sunny is containing her laugh but can’t any longer and gives in to the cuteness of the child.

 - “Alright!” she says. – “Here you go, you stingy… little one!” The kid rejoices, hugs the plushy and sits in front of her, ready to hear the story aunt Sunny was going to tell before she stole her plushy.

- “Now on with the story”, Sunny says. – “When we were younger-”

– “How young?” Little one asks.

Sunny pauses for a second then says – “Young enough for you to not being even in the planning.” And then winks, little one pouts but waits for Sunny to continue.

 - “As I said! When we were younger Tiffany, all of your other aunts, and I went to this funeral that your mother organized, because you know, she’s a woman of planning, even at that age!” Sunny tries to joke and winks but little one only smiles not getting the meaning of that.

 - “The funeral, Sunny carries on, was in her back yard, a commemorative private service away from her family. Just the 8 people concerned. It was, I think a Sunday, we were all dressed up for it, black clothes, black shades, even black umbrellas; it was quite broody. She made this speech it was so heart-felt something along the lines “TaeTae and I have been together since I can remember… actually I can’t recall a time when we were not… you always supported me and welcomed me… always warm and cheerful… you were a trouble maker but we all loved you”, Tiffany also almost chocked on her tears.-“

At this point Sunny has that sort of expression on her face when you remember something that happened long ago, but you vividly remember it with fondness, and has to make a pause. She looks at the little one and smiles; meanwhile the kid just waits for Sunny to continue.

- “Okay…”, she says with a nostalgic, but not at all sad sigh. - “where was I?”

– “Somebody died…” the little one says, and Sunny notices the down cast look on her face. – “I don’t like this story”, she spoke again. Sunny gave her a small smile.

– “Anyway… your mother said she was her best friend and would never forget their special bond and then started to weep silently; I came to hug her.

“Jessica gave a little speech saying how Taetae always seemed to avoid her but still liked her, it was a friend of all of us. Yuri said she was fun and very reliable friend. Hyoyeon, oh Hyo was hilarity in a moment quite sad! Saying she always took TaeTae to run or do exercise and sometimes she wouldn’t do it because “she didn’t want to”. Sooyoung would give anything to feed her again all the ice cream she liked, Yoona whispered she was a beauty, her blonde hair was to die for”. Sunny snorts at that part because it was true. “Seohyun said she would always remember that time she came to visit Tiffany without an umbrella, it was raining heavily that day and TaeTae brought her a towel, and that’s how they met! I was with tiffany the whole time, I just said we would all miss her… we all knew it was true.”

- “Now that I think about it”, Sunny says with wonderment, - “It sounds more dramatic that I remember, not that it’s a bad thing!” The little one seems to agree with a nod.

– “But! We were mere children back then. Your age. Maybe older. So I think we were allowed the dramatics…”

- “Aha! So that’s how young!” The little one yells in excitement but then takes a deep breath and asks almost timidly, - “Who died?” Sunny has that expression of fondness in her face again, she gets nearer to the child and embraces her

– “It was…”

– “It was your mother’s dog”, another voice interrupts.

The two people in the living room quickly turn their heads to the new comer’s direction, who’s entering the living room carrying a pit of ice cream and shaking it a bit at the child’s line of vision, as if asking: “Want some?”

The little one excitedly jumps out of Sunny’s hold and up to her mother’s arms.

 - “Mom!” The little one squeals in delight and gives her a kiss on the cheek, and she smiles contently,

- “Hey little one, enjoying story telling with aunt Sunny?” The child has a beaming smile, truly took after her mother.

- “Yes, but I don’t like when some dies”, the kid pouts. She looks at Sunny and playfully pretends to scold her

 - “How dare you tells such stories to this precious child?” And then pepper the child’s face with butterfly kisses and the room fills in with the sound of the little one giggles

Readily Sunny pretends to be upset – “I am sorry mom Taeyeon! But it was just a memory, come on! I think it was a bit dramatic, I mean we were 10 years old back then!”

- “Well Tiffany did organize a funeral for TaeTae and! Also did gave my nickname to her. I mean we didn’t even know each other then but it was creepy when she told me that story”. Taeyeon then chuckles. The little one takes Taeyeon’s face in her little hands and sweetly states “I want ice cream, please”, then takes the pit of ice cream and tries to open it. Taeyeon puts her on the floor and goes to the kitchen again to get bowls and spoons. Sunny stays with the child in the living room, sitting on the floor again, near the window

- “How about I tell you a more cheerful story about your mom tomorrow, huh? About romance, how’s that?  I will compensate you”, Sunny says to the little one and joins her on the couch near the window. – “Okay, but can mom tell another one too?” The child smiles and Sunny is reminded of her dear friend, little one definitely took after her.

– “Of course”. Taeyeon comes back from the kitchen, gives one bowl to each, Sunny and the little one. The kid goes to sit on Taeyeon lap and eats. A comfortable silence covers them like a cloud, then the little one asks when will her mother come back, Taeyeon says soon, she only has to count down two more of Sunny’s stories. 

– “And Sunny will not tell you another sad story! Right aunt Sunny?” Sunny looks up from her bowl and pretends to sigh

– “Children, can’t handle a bit of drama” and Taeyeon quickly gives her a funny look. – “Okay! Promise, I already said I will tell her one of romance, anyway, right little one?”  The kid nods but keeps eating her ice cream, as well as the other two in the room.