Way To Love

Way To Love

Victoria was surprised to find herself on the bed the next morning. She never thinks that Kyu Hyun would carry her to her bed when she falls asleep in her home office. She looked at her watch and realised that it is already nine in the morning. When she is ready to leave the house, she saw the breakfast on the dining table. Kyu Hyun left her a note to remind her to eat her breakfast before heading to work. Victoria didn’t know that her lips curved upwards when she read the note.

***********************************************************************************************

Kyu Hyun listened as Hyuk Jae told him his schedule for today. He then asked Hyuk Jae to free his lunch time. Hyuk Jae didn’t ask for a reason though the appointment during lunch time is an important one. When Kyu Hyun’s watch showed that it’s a quarter passed twelve, he took his car key and drove to Desire.

“Excuse me, is Victoria in the office?” Kyu Hyun asked the receptionist.

“Boss is in but did you make an appointment?” The receptionist asked.

“No,” Kyu Hyun shook his head.

“Kyu Hyun oppa?” Krystal just walked out from the office and is surprised when she saw Kyu Hyun.

“Krystal right?” Kyu Hyun tried to recall her name.

“Are you here to look for unnie?” Krystal asked.

“Yes,” Kyu Hyun responded.

“Next time just let him go inside to look for Victoria unnie,” Krystal told the receptionist. “He doesn’t have to make an appointment.”

“Noted,” The receptionist is curious about Kyu Hyun’s identity but isn’t brave enough to seek for the answer.

Kyu Hyun walked into the office and saw Victoria talking to one of her employees. No one noticed Kyu Hyun’s presence as they are all busy with their works. Victoria only noticed his presence when she wanted to head back to her office.

“Kyu Hyun, what are you doing here?” Victoria approached him.

“I passed by your company so I wondered if you already had your lunch,” Kyu Hyun said.

“I haven’t had my lunch yet,” Victoria responded.

“Do you want to have lunch together?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“I’ll go and get my bag,” Victoria said and walked into her office.

Once both of them left the office, the employees gathered around each other and questioned about Kyu Hyun’s identity. Some of them work for Victoria since Desire is founded. But no one ever saw her going out with any guy, except Han Geng, whom they are familiar with.

“Enough of the gossip!” Krystal’s voice shut them all up and they continued doing their own works.

***********************************************************************************************

After leaving Desire, Kyu Hyun and Victoria came to a Japanese restaurant to have their lunch. They didn’t have much conversation during lunch.

“I’ll be working late at Desire today. So you have to prepare your own dinner,” Victoria told Kyu Hyun before she got out from his car.

“Do you want me to bring dinner for you?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“It’s okay. I can settle it myself,” Victoria replied. “Bye.”

“Bye,” Kyu Hyun watched Victoria walked into the building.

When he returned to his office, he couldn’t concentrate on his work. He left the office once his watch showed five. He drove to Eternal and ordered some dishes to be taken away. He then drove to Desire.

“Oppa, unnie is in there,” Krystal pointed at the meeting room when she saw Kyu Hyun.

Kyu Hyun smiled at her and walked towards the meeting room. He knocked on the door and went inside after having Victoria’s approval.

“Eat something first before you continue your work,” Kyu Hyun placed the dishes on the table.

“From Eternal?” Victoria asked him.

“Yes,” Kyu Hyun replied. “Are you working on your new design?”

“Yes,” Victoria responded.

“When is the show?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“I haven’t set a date yet. Why?” Victoria questioned him.

“Just wondering if you will invite me to your show,” Kyu Hyun smiled.

Victoria’s heart skipped a beat when she saw that smile on Kyu Hyun’s face. It’s not the usual smile he carried on his face whenever they greeted each other, either during their first meet or the usual greeting they had every morning. There isn’t awkwardness or unfamiliar in this smile. It is like a sincere smile.

She started to recall his action since lunch time. He never asks her out for lunch whenever both of them are working. Also, he would usually eat alone during dinner if she couldn’t cook dinner. But today, he came to look for her in the office during lunch. And now, he even bought her dinner and sent it to her office.  Does this mean that their awkward relationship is changing?

“Why are you looking at me? Is there anything on my face?” Kyu Hyun noticed that Victoria has been staring at him. He wondered if he has rice stuck onto his face.

“Nothing,” Victoria shook her head and continued eating.

“What time are you going to finish your work?” Kyu Hyun asked Victoria after they are done eating.

“I’m not sure,” Victoria replied. “You can go home and do your work if you’re busy. I drive here myself this morning.”

“Is Krystal going to accompany you?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“Yes,” Victoria nodded her head.

“Then I’ll leave first. If you’re too tired to drive home, give me a call,” Kyu Hyun said.

“Araso,” Victoria responded.

Before he left, Kyu Hyun gave his phone number to Krystal and told her to call him if Victoria is tired to drive back home or she fall asleep in the office. Kyu Hyun didn’t know why he is doing so. All he knows is that he didn’t want anything bad to happen to Victoria. 

A/N: Yes I'm back! My exam finally ended today and this marks the official ends of my second year of university life. And went for a job interview just now and will be trying out my position as a waitress. If I performed well, they will officially hire me to be part of the team. So wish me luck~