Way To Love

Way To Love

Victoria wasn’t surprised when her father-in-law’s bodyguards showed up in front of the house the next day. Kyu Hyun already left the house when she woke up. She understood that he didn’t want to waste any time to bring his uncle down. When she arrived at Desire, Krystal ran towards her, telling her that someone has been waiting for her in the meeting room.

“Who is it?” Victoria asked.

“I don’t know,” Krystal replied. “He came in and said he is your relative.”

Victoria suspected that her visitor is Kyu Hyun’s uncle. However, she did not tell the bodyguards about it and just let them stood outside the office. She asked Krystal to prepare two cups of coffee and walked into the meeting room.

“Annyonghaseyo,” Victoria greeted the man sitting on the chair. “I’m Victoria.”

“Annyonghaseyo,” The man greeted her back.

“If I’m allowed to guess, you must be Kyu Hyun’s uncle,” Victoria smiled at him.

“How did you know?” Cho Sang Jin looked at her in surprise.

“He told me that you came back to Seoul yesterday,” Victoria sat down on the opposite seat. “He is worried about my safety and even arranged bodyguards for me.”

“I didn’t mean to cause you any harm,” Cho Sang Jin explained. “I just wanted to have a meet with him. But I figured that he wouldn’t want to see me at all. That’s why I came to see you.”

“Why me?” Victoria asked.

“I know both of you are married,” Cho Sang Jin answered. “I owned some debt in Macau and they had my family. That’s why I came back to Seoul. I need your help. Please.”

Victoria sighed and took out her phone. She told Kyu Hyun everything. A while later, Kyu Hyun showed up at Desire. He sat down beside Victoria and held onto her hand tightly. He didn’t know what his uncle wants. He just stared at him until the later one looked down onto the floor.

“What do you want?” Kyu Hyun finally asked Cho Sang Jin.

“Kyu Hyun ah, I know I made a mistake back then. If it wasn’t a hurry, I won’t come back here to ask for your help,” Cho Sang Jin explained. “They had my wife and my son. You met him before, do you remember? He is only fifteen. Kyu Hyun ah, please help me. If they don’t receive the money by tomorrow morning, they will kill them.”

Kyu Hyun and Victoria remained silence after hearing Cho Sang Jin’s words. Kyu Hyun met this little cousin of him before. His name is Choi Min Ho. He remembered the boy always following behind him and called him ‘hyung’. Despite all the things his uncle had done which could bring down the company, they are still a family.

“This is the last time,” Kyu Hyun told Cho Sang Jin.

“Kyu Hyun, thank you. Thank you so much,” Cho Sang Jin thanked Kyu Hyun.

Victoria smiled. She knew that Kyu Hyun would not stay aside from helping his own uncle. She is right. Kyu Hyun may seem heartless but he cares about those around him.

***********************************************************************************************

Victoria’s big day in her career has finally arrived. She left the house early in the morning to check the venue. She wanted to make sure everything goes on smoothly today. Yeon Hee and Sul Li also arranged their schedules to attend this fashion show. On the other hand, Kyu Hyun went to Chang Min’s restaurant and ordered food for take-away. He then drove to the venue where the show would be held. One of the staff led him to the backstage where Victoria is.

“Kyu Hyun oppa,” Krystal was the first to notice his presence.

“Where’s Victoria?” Kyu Hyun asked Krystal.

“Unnie is on the stage. The rehearsal is going on now,” Krystal answered.

“I brought some food for you all,” Kyu Hyun left the food on an empty table and went to the front to look for Victoria.

Kyu Hyun sat down at one of those empty chairs while he watched Victoria instructed the models on the walkway. She is so concentrated when doing her work. This is another side he never sees before. Victoria finally noticed Kyu Hyun at the end of the rehearsal. She ran towards him and he gave her a hug.

“When did you get here?” Victoria asked.

“A while ago,” Kyu Hyun replied. “I brought some food. It’s at the backstage.”

“Hopefully Krystal hasn’t finish all of it,” Victoria joked.

Kyu Hyun and Victoria went to the backstage and shared the food with the staff and models. The two of them spent some time together before the show started. Kyu Hyun’s seat was beside Yeon Hee and Sul Li. Both of them greeted him when they saw her.

The light in the hall turned dim as the show started. It is Kyu Hyun’s first time attending a fashion show. He felt amazed as he saw the models wore Victoria’s designs. Simple yet elegant, that was his thought. Towards the end of the fashion show, Yeon Hee passed him a bouquet of roses and told him to present it to Victoria. Kyu Hyun did what he was told to. The audience gave a round of applauses when he walked onto the stage. He even kissed on Victoria’s cheek and gave her a hug.

After the show ended, all of them went to Eternal to have a celebration. Victoria thanked all the staff and the models for their efforts. Kyu Hyun was accompanied by Chang Min instead of being a stranger among them.

“Looks like both of you are going well,” Chang Min said.

“We are,” Kyu Hyun told him.

Their relationship has changed and both Kyu Hyun and Victoria are aware of it. But they enjoy this change.

“Thank you for coming,” Victoria said to Kyu Hyun when they are on their way back home.

“I’m glad I was there,” Kyu Hyun replied her.

When they reached home, Kyu Hyun realised Victoria has fallen asleep. He carried her into their bedroom. After they returned from Bali, Victoria’s room has been emptied as she moved into Kyu Hyun’s room. They are really husband and wife now. Kyu Hyun put Victoria on the bed and covered her with the blanket while he went to the bathroom to have a shower. After that, he climbed up the bed and hugged Victoria as both of them were carried into their dreamlands.