Way To Love

Way To Love

On the day of the wedding, Kyu Hyun wore a white long sleeve shirt with a pair of black long pants and a pair of black leather shoes. On the other hand, Victoria wore a short sleeve, white knee-length dress and a pair of black heels. The wedding ceremony is held at Kyu Hyun’s house. It is a double-storey house painted in white. Two round tables are placed in the small garden. Kyu Hyun’s parents and Song Han Min sat at one table while Kyu Hyun and Victoria’s close friends sat at another table.

The ceremony started with the couple receiving blessing from the priest and read the vow in front of their families and friends. After exchanging their wedding rings, the dinner started. Yeon Hee saw the way Kyu Hyun and Victoria acted beside each other and felt awkward. She didn’t think that both of them are in love. She looked at her own boyfriend, wondering if he noticed it as well. But Chang Min is busy eating. Yeon Hee sighed and continued eating.

After the dinner ended, they sent off their families and friends. It was only then Victoria managed to look at the design of Kyu Hyun’s house in detail. There is a built in black flat screen television in the living room. A white carpet is placed underneath the glass table. The U-shaped sofa is light brown in colour. A sliding door separated the dining room with the living room. A round table with four chairs are placed in the dining room. Also, there is a guest room and a bathroom in the ground floor.

On the second floor, there are two bedrooms and two home offices. She walked into the home office prepared by Kyu Hyun. A black bookshelf is on the right hand side and an L-shaped black working desk on the left, together with an office chair. There is also a linen bean bag beside the bookshelf. Victoria likes it.

“I bought a new bed for your bedroom. There is a bathroom in your bedroom,” Kyu Hyun opened the door of Victoria’s bedroom.

A king-sized bed covered by a white bed sheet with printed small stars first came into Victoria’s sight. The wardrobe is built in and the curtain is two-layered.

“Thank you,” Victoria told Kyu Hyun.

“I won’t disturb you anymore. Good night,” Kyu Hyun closed the door as he left her bedroom.

Victoria started to unpack her luggage. After she is done, she went inside the bathroom and took a shower before headed to sleep.

Next morning, Victoria woke up as her alarm rang. After taking a shower and got changed, she went to the kitchen and made breakfast for both of them. She didn’t know what Kyu Hyun likes to eat so she made sandwiches and orange juices. Kyu Hyun was surprised when he saw Victoria in the kitchen. He didn’t think she would be preparing breakfast for both of them.

“Morning,” Victoria smiled at Kyu Hyun and placed the breakfast on the dining table.

“You don’t have to wake up earlier to make breakfast,” Kyu Hyun told her.

“I’m already used to it,” Victoria explained. “Are you coming home for dinner tonight?”

“I think so,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Is there anything you are allergic to?” Victoria asked.

“No,” Kyu Hyun shook his head. “If you’re busy, I can have my dinner at Eternal.”

“I prefer cooking by myself rather than eating out,” Victoria said.

After eating breakfast, Kyu Hyun left to the company first. Victoria only went to Desire after washing the plates and glasses. When she showed up at Desire, Krystal was surprised.  

“Unnie! What are you doing here?” Krystal asked.

“Working,” Victoria replied.

“Aren’t you going for a honeymoon?” Krystal stared at her in surprise.

“We don’t have time for that,” Victoria told Krystal.

“Even so, I thought you will be absent for few days,” Krystal said.

Victoria just smiled at Krystal. There is no love between Kyu Hyun and her. Their wedding means nothing and so it is impossible that both of them would go for a honeymoon. The ring on her hand only tells that she is married and that’s it.

***********************************************************************************************

 “Do Victoria’s best friends know that the wedding is just a business deal?” Chang Min suddenly asked Kyu Hyun when they are having lunch together at Eternal.

“I don’t think they do,” Kyu Hyun replied. “Why? You told Yeon Hee?”

“She would kill you if she knows the truth,” Chang Min imagined how Yeon Hee would react if she knows the truth and it just scared him off. He knows how close Victoria and Yeon Hee are. There is no way Yeon Hee would allow anyone to take advantage on Victoria, and also Krystal and Sul Li. “As a friend, I’ll give you an advice.”

“What advice?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“Don’t hurt Victoria. If you do, you’ll never see her again,” Chang Min said.

Kyu Hyun didn’t say anything but smiled at Chang Min. He saw Victoria’s three best friends last night and he could feel the strong bond between those four women. He knew if someday the truth is revealed to them, they would do anything to protect Victoria.

“When is your father-in-law leaving?” Chang Min asked.

“He will be staying in Seoul for two more days I think,” Kyu Hyun responded. “Why did you ask?”

“Nothing,” Chang Min shrugged his shoulders. “Just wondering what is going on in his mind to marry his only daughter to a man who doesn’t love his daughter.”

“You can ask him that question yourself,” Kyu Hyun told him.

Chang Min shook his head and continued eating his lunch. But that question remained in his mind.

***********************************************************************************************

When Kyu Hyun reached home, Victoria just finished cooking the dinner. Both of them sat down at the dining table and started to have their dinner. After that, Kyu Hyun offered himself to do the cleaning since Victoria made the dinner. Victoria agreed to it and went to take a shower before she went inside the home office to do her work.

Kyu Hyun also went inside his home office to continue some of his work brought back from the company. There are two white bookshelves in his home office. A black working desk with two laptops on it. Kyu Hyun didn’t look at the time when he started to do his work. When he went back to his bedroom, he realised that the light in Victoria’s home office is still on. He knocked on the door but there was no answer. He opened the door and realised that Victoria has fallen asleep.

Kyu Hyun carried her in bridal style and placed her on her bed in her bedroom as she slept. He covered her body with the blanket and quietly left the room. He then returned to her home office and switched off the light in there. He didn’t know that he started to care about this woman, whom he at first was unwilling to marry. He didn’t know that this woman is intruding his heart slowly. 

A/N: Sorry for being away for a while. And also thank you for the wait. I'll be sitting for my final exam from 7th of November till 16th of November so I don't know when the next update will be. But I promise that I will finish the story.