Chapter VI

Still You

Our eyes continued to glance at each other. Taking small sips of our coffee while making small talk. I never felt this relaxed coming here to Seoul. The music and the whole atmosphere in the cafe made my mind and my body let go of all the problems in life. Right in the back of the cafe is a small stage where people could perform freely. Right now a girl was singing with her acoustic guitar. Her voice is so mellow and soothing that I closed my eyes to listen to her closely. The sound of the acoustic guitar and her voice accompanied each other so well as if they were one. I opened my eyes to see Chanyeol looking at me. He smiled and ruffled my hair. 

"I can sing for you if you want," Chanyeol said. 

"Oh no. It's alright. I don't want you getting caught." I said still listening to the girl as she came to an end with her song. 

Chanyeol didn't listen to me and began to walk to the stage. The girl finished her song and bowed to the crowd. She passed the guitar to Chanyeol and walked off the stage. Chanyeol took his black mouth mask off and began to strum his guitar. He produced such warm and mellow sounds that it almost made me go to sleep. I closed my eyes for him to and began to sway gently back and forth to the sound of his guitar. I could almost feel a hint of passion and love in his music; as if he is playing this song for me and for me only. He finally strummed his last chord and ended his song. I opened my eyes again and started to clap along with the crowd. He too bowed and went back to his seat. 

"Did you like that?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Very. I loved it." I said. He looked relieved and happy at my response. 

"How long have you played the guitar?" I asked him. 

"When I was in my 3rd year of middles school." 

"Wow. I always wanted to play but my Dad said it was a waste of money.." The thought of my father gave me shivers. His face suddenly popped into my head and I had to look away and close my eyes to get him to disappear. 

"Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked worried. 

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said. Right when Chanyeol was about to say something we heard girls outside screaming. 

"AHH! ISN'T THAT EXO CHANYEOL?!" We saw a group of high schoolers looking right at us outside the window. 

"OPPA! LOOK OVER HERE!" They were taking their phones out and starting to take pictures. 

"Put the hood on." Chanyeol said. I listened to him and put the hood on from his sweater and tried to cover my face with it. Chanyeol got up and grabbed my arm dragging me out of the cafe. We hurried out and tried to avoid the girls that were bringing in more people to look at us. 

"When I count to three we're going to run okay?" he whispered to me. I nodded my head. 

"One, Two....Three!" We dashed away from the crowd trying to get far away from them. Chanyeol was still holding my hand as we ran.We made a turn into an isolated area and lost them. The hood fell of my head when we were running exposing the bead of sweat slowly dripping down the side of my face. I looked at Chanyeol looking if anyone was still following us. He released a sigh of relief. 

"So this is how popular you are." I said. 

"Yup. You should see the airports and the S.M building." he shook his head and shuddered. "Let's start walking out." 

We started to walk the dark streets that were dimly lit by street lamps. My hands were stuffed in the pocket of his hoodie but I could feel Chanyeols hand brushing up against my arm wanting to hold my hand. 

"Can I ask you something?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Yeah."

"What made you want to move here?" 

I didn't want to tell Chanyeol the real reason because if I did he'll start to pity me or maybe even judge me. 

"I just wanted to move to see what life in Korea is like." I lied. 

"What about your parents? Do you live with them?" 

"Um..My parents died in a car accident so I'm living by myself." I didn't lie fully this time. My mom did die from a car accident but I don't know what my father is doing. I wish he died instead. 

"I'm sorry to hear that." Chanyeol said wrapping his arm around me. 

"It's alright." I said gently pushing him away continuing to walk. 

"So that's why you're working extra hard. Usually 18 year olds like you don't work at convenience stores or tutoring people older than them." 

Right when I heard him say convenience store I stopped walking. 

"Omo! I have work today! I totally forgot." I checked my phone and saw the time. I was late, very late. Why didn't ahjussi call me? I thought. 

"Chanyeol-ah. I have to go. I totally forgot I have work today." 

"I'll walk with you." he said. "It's so late for you to be walking around my yourself."

We jogged to the convenience store and saw ahjussi outside sitting on the red chair that you see at every convenience store. 

"Ahjussi, I'm so sorry I'm late. I forgot what time it was and.." I started to apologize worried that he would fire me from my job. 

"Yeah please don't fire her. It was my fault for her being late." Chanyeol said. 

"Don't worry. Thanks to your friend he filled in for you till you got here." Ahjussi said pointing to the store. 

"Friend?" I asked. 

"Ahjussi! Is there anything else you want me to do?" I looked and Vernon was coming out wearing my little apron that I always wear when I work. 

"SunJu! You're here." Vernon said smiling. He looked at me and then looked at Chanyeol. 

"Who's he?" Vernon asked. 

"I'm her boyfriend." Chanyeol abruptly said as he put his arm around my shoulder pulling me in close to him. 

"No he's not." I said. "He's one of the people that I tutor. Anyways, what are you doing here?" 

"I stopped by and saw that you weren't here. I asked for you and that ahjussi said you didn't come in yet and that you were running late. Then he asked me if I wanted to fill in for you till you came and I said sure." Vernon said as he continued to glare at Chanyeol. 

"Thanks. Here I'll take the apron." He took the apron off and handed it over to me. "Alright guys. Thanks Chanyeol. I'll see you tonight. Thanks Vernon." I went over to him and gave him a hug. "See you tomorrow." I waved goodbye as they went opposite ways. 

"You have really good luck with boys don't you?" Ahjussi chuckled. 

"Ahjussi! They're just friends." I said. "Just friends." 

~~~~~~

The mornings were starting to get cooler as the summer season is coming to a close end. I got to class earlier than most people since I didn't get an ounce of sleep after coming back from tutoring EXO last night. I opened my notebook and tried to finish homework I couldn't finish last night, but I couldn't concentrate on my homework. Instead I opened my other notebook and looked at how much money I still owe. 

"$200...." I sighed. "Why do I still owe money!? I work three jobs and still I'm stuggling."  I shot up from my seat and needing to clear my head. I headed out and started to walk around the school feeling the fresh morning air. Although the air is nice my eyes started to sting and my head is spinning from the lack of sleep. I honestly felt like dying right now; my body is lacking the energy and the will to continue. I continued to trudge through the school grounds and when suddenly something hit my head. Cold goo started to drip down through my hair. I looked up to see another egg coming from the third floor window. It hit me on my head and when I thought it would stop more and more eggs started to pour on me making me covered in goo. 

"What are you guys!?" I yelled. "Come out!" 

I heard some girl snickering and when I looked up to look for them, two girls from the second floor took a bag of flour and poured it on me. 

"Yah!" I screamed. Wiping the flour out of my eyes, I opened them to see the same girl from yesterday making her way towards me. I tried to walk away from her but the weight of the flour and eggs weighed me down. 

"Grab her." she said. Two girls came after me and grabbed me by the arm pushing me down to the ground. I was basically kneeling in front of her. 

"I heard you got away from my security guards. Props to you. Usually they never fail to punish people who hurt me. Since they're useless I took matters into my own hands." 

"Hwe Ji, what do you want us to do to her? Should we cut her hair? Or strip her out of her uniform?" One of the girls grabbing me suggested. 

"Hmm....Let's strip her. Take her skirt and her shirt off and throw it out. You two, get into her locker and take her gym clothes. I want everyone to see her run around without her uniform on and dirty. Like how she really is. " The girls behind Hwe Ji came up to me and started to claw at my shirt hearing it actually rip away from my body. I couldn't move my arms since the two girls continued to grab onto me. 

"No. No!" I screamed. "Stop!" They continued and pull my skirt down to the ground. I stood there in my underwear and my bra crying feeling hopeless. 

"Do you have any eggs leftover?" Hwe Ji said snickering as she looked at me. The girl gave Hwe Ji her carton of eggs and she began to throw them at me. The eggs started to crack and splatter when it came into contact with my body. They all started to throw them at once making me ache as each one hit me.

"Stop. Please..." I begged. 

"Her face doesn't look even with the rest of her body girls. Why don't we fix that." Hwe Ji said. She took the bag of flowers and dumped it all over me. I started to cough as the flour was suffocating me. I couldn't see anything as the flour and the eggs were obstructing my view. I felt dirty, hopeless and I barely had the energy to run away. I shouldn't have come here. I should have stayed in the U.S. I shouldn't have ran away. Tears started to run down my cheeks washing away some of the flour on my face. 

"WHAT IS THIS?!" I heard someone yell. 

"SunJu yah! Are you okay?" I opened my eyes and saw Vernon's face. I looked away from him embarrassed. Swiftly, he took his sweater off and covered me with it. He scooped his arms under my legs and started to carry me in his arms. 

"I'm reporting this to the police. All of you." he growled. 

"Oppa! We did all this for you! Why are you taking her side!" Hwe Ji yelled. "How do you like her better than me?!" 
"She's not a like you. Plus she knows that people don't throw crap at other people if they're jealous." he said as he walked away from them. 

"Don't worry. I got you." Vernon whispered to me. "We'll get you cleaned up." I slowly nodded my head and lost conscious in his arms. 

~~~~~~

Author's note: Hello my wonderful and beautiful readers! Sorry I haven't updated in the past few days. I was in Quebec and Montreal. Quebec was so beautiful~ I thought I was in Europe, mostly France because the people who live there speak French. Like alot of French. Some people that I came in contact with couldn't speak English so that shows how much French they speak there. Luckily I learned a little bit of French in middle school so....For my readers who live in Asia and Europe  such as Singapore, Philippines, the Netherlands and etc, I will put some pics down below of Quebec. 

Displaying 1438283685973.jpeg

The architecture was just amazing. Like this is someone's house! 

Displaying 1438288339027.jpg   Displaying 1438374164861.jpg  Displaying 20150729_192207.jpg  Displaying 1438480143990.jpeg

Old Quebec was beautiful. I really recommend it if anyone is going there. It has a European feeling to it and there are alot of restraunts and places to shop at. My family and I went during the evening when it was nice and cool. Then we came back in the morning and had crepes at this little crepe restraunt and it was delicious! They served it with maple syrup and whip cream...I'm drooling thinking about it. The second picture is a picture I took from outside the crepe shop. 

Displaying 20150731_075558.jpg

This is Parliment Building and this place was just breath-taking. If you look closely there are little statues near the windows and they are suppose to represent the important people in Quebec history.

 Displaying 1438374145651.jpg

In front of the Parliament Building is a small garden and it was so cute. They call gardens 'jardin' in French and in it were vegetables and fruits and different herbs. And what's cuter is that they were all labeled in French.Plus they have little signs telling you whether or not you can pick them. 

Displaying 1438374117477.jpg Displaying 1438290074716.jpg  Displaying 1438290082251.jpg

This place here is the Chateau Frontenac. This place is still in Old Quebec and it was just amazing. The first pic is the front of it and the other two pictures are just side views. The Chateau was sitting near the water and it was beautiful~ Plus there's a Starbucks Cafe inside the castle so that was a plus. 

Displaying 20150729_190417.jpg 

Alright this baby above is called Poutine and guys...This stuff is so freaking good. When you go to Quebec you HAVE to get Poutine. It's basically fries with 'brown sauce' and mozerella cheese. So good~ (Btw that's my sister's hands. I'm not that tan. I'm so pale....)

 

I'll put more pics on the next update~ Good night! Comment down below any questions about me or about the story!! I love to read comments from different people!