Prologue

Still You

"Dad you have to stop drinking," SunJu said as she tried to push to bottle away from his mouth. Her eyes are full of fear as she realized what she has done. Her father looked straight at her and took his large hands and slapped her across her face. She took her hand and felt the place her father had hit her and he yelled, "Let go of me you little ! You're just like your mother. Useless and annoying!" 

Her eyes narrowed with anger and she shot up from the floor. "If you want to drink go ahead! Nobody will be stopping you anymore. I'm done with this . I'm done living with a horrible father that cares more about alcohol than his own daughter!" She hurried to her room scared that her father might come after her with an empty beer bottle. Locking the door behind her, she leaned against it and slid down to the floor, sobbing. She quickly wiped the tears away and took out her suitcase that she secretly kept in her closet. She desperatly threw in clothes and books that she might need to get away from the house. 

After packing, she put her ear to the door to see if her father was asleep. She didn't hear anything and so she cracked open the door slightly to see her father passed out on the floor. She took her chance to go to his room to find the envelope full of money that would pay for her plane ticket. She tuck the envelope in her bag and carefully left the house. 

"Don't you dare come and find me," she said as she looked at the dreaded house. "I'm going somewhere far away from you."