Happy Birthday Tae

The Promise

December 30, 2011
Jaeli

*knock knock knock*

    I stood nervously at the door. I hope I don’t make a complete and utter fool of myself tonight. Gosh, he’s so cute, I can’t mess this up. The door suddenly opens and right before I can muster a bright and cheerful “Happy Birthday Taehyung!”, I realize that it isn’t him. Instead, it’s someone with the most adorable cheeks and eye smile. “Hey! Oh, you must be one of Taehyung’s friends! Wow, this is the first time he invited a girl! How dare he keep such a gorgeous angel to himself,” he pouted, but still checking me out.

 

    He stepped to stand next to me and gently put his arm around my wait, leaned next to me ear and briefly whispered, “I’m Jimin. If you ever want a fun time, don’t be afraid to look my way.” He softly urged me forward by pushing his arm around my waist forward. As we roamed around the house looking for the birthday boy, I realized there weren’t many people, only seven of us total. As we passed by someone, Jimin would introduce me to them, and now I know Jimin, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok. All of them seemed friendly and welcoming. As we were conversing with Hoseok, all of a sudden the arm around my waist was gone and I was spun around to see the cutest person ever, with an adorable pom-pom birthday hat atop of his head, “Hey, hey, hey! Jimin, stop being so friendly with Jaeli, she’s my friend first,” he whined while hugging me close to his chest, with my arms rigid at my sides.

    “Oh come on Tae, you invited her! I had to get to know the girl that you’ve been talking about non-stop!” Jimin whined. Almost instantly after Jimin finished his sentence, Taehyung sprung forward to clamp his hands over his mouth, preventing him from saying more that might cause Tae to blush an even redder shade.

    As we all played games, Jin snuck away to prepare the birthday cake. “Alright everyone, times to sing for Tae Tae.”

    We all crowded around Tae as he sat in front of his cake. As we sang to him, he kept his bright, rectangular smile while scanning our faces. He looked so happy to have us there for his special day. Once we finished singing, Taehyung closed his eyes and clasped his hands together in front of him as he began making his wish.

    “Tae, you better hurry up and blow out your candles before I do it for you,” Jin joked.

    “Okay, okay, geez. Can’t a guy take his time making his wish nowadays?” Taehyung pouted. Regardless, he in air and gently blew out all his candles in one go.

    “Tae, open your presents now!” Hoseok urged. We moved over to his couch as all the presents were already placed on the coffee table. Taehyung went through each one, receiving headphones, shoes, a duffel bag, a sweater, and sunglasses. Somehow, he missed my gift. Probably since it was now buried under all the gift wrap and tissue paper.

   “Thank you so much you guys! This really means alot to me. Anyways, why don’t we--” Taehyung started.

    “Wait, Taehyung, you missed one,” I blurted, grabbing my box in the process and handing it to him. With a curious look, he grabbed it and turned it every way, looking for a name, but I didn’t put one.

    “Huh, wonder who got me this. Did one of you guys get me two gifts?!” He exclaimed, not noticing he hasn’t opened one from me just yet.

   “Wonder what it is…” he murmured as he began unwrapping the box. “It feels pretty lig--- NO WAY!” Taehyung bursted once he lifted the lid up. I became nervous. Hoping that that was a good sign. I quickly looked down, not wanting to see his expression.

“Who got me these?!” he questioned rather loudly. As he received no response, I looked up to see everyone looking at each other, trying to figure out who the culprit was. I hesitantly rose my hand, side-glancing at Taehyung to see him look at me, seeing my subtle movement.

    “Jaeli, this present is from you?!” Taehyung said, astonished.
 

    “Look Tae, if you don’t like it, don’t worry, I can get you something else. I’m sorry if you don’t-- oof!” I couldn’t finish my ramble once I realized I was being hugged by the birthday boy.

 

    “Don’t you dare think I don’t want these. These are perfect!” Tae assured me.
 

   “What did she even get you?” Namjoon asked since they didn’t get a glimpse at the present. Tae stopped hugging me to scurry to the box and lift the lid once more, actually pulling out the gifts this time. He first lifted the lion necklace I bought him.


    “Wow Jaeli, you haven’t known Tae for long but you already found out his favorite animal? Impressive.” Yoongi inputted.

 

    “Uh, I actually didn’t know that. I just bought it when I was at the mall because it reminded me of him,” I muttered, embarrassed.

  “That’s not the best part hyung, look at this!” He exclaimed as he pulled out the cream colored scarf. “She even customized it! She put my name and my birthday embroidered onto it!

  “Wow, this is really nicely made! Where did you buy this and customize it Jaeli? I need one of these,” Jimin pitched in.


  “Um, actually, this one… I made it.” I softly giggled.

  “No way, Jaeli, you need to make me one too!” Jimin begged. Before I could reply with a “Sure”, Taehyung cut me off. “No! It’s unique. She made this for me, since it’s MY birthday. Get your own somewhere else. I giggled at Taehyung’s response. I looked over at Jimin pouting and mouthed that I’ll make something for him too.
    

Everyone got up to stretch and get more food before we started the movie marathon as the last stretch of Taehyung’s birthday. Before I could move toward the kitchen, Tae grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him, pulling me in for another tight hug.
 

  “Thank you again for the gifts Jaeli. They were so thoughtful. I honestly didn’t expect anything from you since we only just met,” Taehyung whispered right into my ear.

  “Embarrassed and turning red, I whispered, “Happy birthday Tae.”