Sixteen

The Promise

December 2011
Jaeli

    The night sky turned from dark blues and violets into pitch black. More customers began to leave until it was only me and Taehyung left. We didn’t even realize we were the last ones until Jungkook came over.    

    “I’m sorry guys, but we need to close for the night.” Jungkook scratched his head as he said this, feeling a bit awkward having to interrupt our conversation.
 

    How is it already 11pm? I’ve been here, sitting with this stranger for four hours? I’m surprised that I have been talking to him non-stop. He’s more than meets the eye, that’s for sure. I turn to look at Jungkook to see that he wasn’t even looking at me.
 

Taehyung

    

    “I’m sorry guys, but we need to close for the night” The barista stated, coming over to the table Jaeli and I shared.

    

    “Come on Jaeli, let’s walk home.” The barista didn’t even say this looking at Jaeli, he was looking straight at me. His eyes seemed wary of me. Even his frame was tense. Did he not like me talking to her? Huh, Jungkook, from his nametag, must know Jaeli well enough to walk her home.
 

    I stood first as Jungkook walked away towards the front door to lock up. I slid over to Jaeli and stretched out my hand to help her out of her seat. She grasped my hand and kept her eyes fixed to the floor, with a tint of red brushed onto her cheeks. Blushing, heh, cute.
 

    Her hands were quite warm and maybe the softest I’ve ever held. I’d be lying if I said that her hand didn’t feel right in mine. As she stood up and brushed off the microscopic dust off herself, I took the time to quickly scan her over. She was petite and proportionate. An adorable face, with her hair framing her face in warm, brunette waves, down to the middle of her back. Her height, quite shorter than me, giving me the urge to hug her and tuck her underneath my chin.
 

    We walked towards the door, keeping up my gentleman image, held the door open for Jaeli to slip through. She scurried through, murmuring a brief “thank you” while looking at me, flashing her bright smile.

    

    Knowing that I wanted to see her again, I had to take the chance.
 

    “Hey pretty, my birthday is actually coming up on the 30th and I’d be delighted to have your presence there.” She turned to look at me. Her face gave a thoughtful look. In a few moments, she looked directly into my eyes and gently said, “I’d love to be there for your birthday Taehyung.”
 

    YES. She said she’ll go to my birthday! I need to take another chance.

    

    “Well how about you give me your number?” I quickly coughed, “You know, so I can text you the details.”
 

    “You know, usually I don’t hand out my number this easily, but, since Christmas is coming up, and I do want to be on Santa’s Nice List, consider yourself lucky.” She responded, with her hand held out for my phone.
 

 

~~~~~~

 

Hello readers! Sorry I haven't updated in SO long. I've been so busy and I lost inspiration to wrtite but now that summer is here, I thought why not get back into writing again? Anyways, I'm going to try very hard to update this serie every week. Hopefully once or twice a week on Mondays and Fridays! Anyways feel free to subscribe and comment! I'd love to read some feedback so I can get better at writing! Anyways, I LOVE YOU READERS <3