Homework

Old School, New Style

 



 

It's been about three weeks since the beginning of the school year, and a pleasant three weeks at that. The four boys have spent breaks in the courtyards and walks between classes together. Thankfully they've had no weird encounters... other than Jiyong's unusually powerful wand and Daesung's unusually weak wand.

 

Everything was wonderful.

 

Well almost everything.

 

Except for Jiyong accidentally almost blowing up the charms classroom. Multiple times. Apparently he had one of the strongest wands ever built and he was kind of, well really bad at getting his spells right.

 

None of the boys had gotten harassed for being Korean, one thing that Seungri was so afraid of. He had yet to share with everyone exactly what had happened between him and the sorting hat. Although it was quite clear he had changed the house he probably should have been in. The hat was almost never wrong. It had an almost omniscient feel. Knowing what was supposedly going to happen to Jiyong and how instantaneously he knew that Daesung was a Hufflepuff. Jiyong and Taeyang worried that Seungri, out of sheer fear of the unknown, had put himself in a house that he wouldn't, that he couldn't possibly belong in. But whats done is done and the possible damage had already been done.

 

Taeyang, Daesung, and Jiyong were as on top of their classes as always and prepared for each class, unlike Seungri usually finishing his work during breakfast and staying up late at night. That's why, when Jiyong forgot his History of Magic homework he was in shambles. He always did his homework and always had it with him.

 

He and Taeyang had History of Magic fifth period. He was going to pull it out of his shoulder bag so that Taeyang could read over it once before herbology class right at the end of lunch when, in searching through his bag, he realized it was not there at all. As they were walking to Herbology class Jiyong realized that he had left his work on a table in the library after editing it before breakfast. He made quite a scene and had what seemed to be a panic attack. He was quite worried, but had no time to go to the library between classes.

 

He and Taeyang went to Herbology together. Although he was clearly stressed throughout class, Professor Sprout insisted upon yelling at Jiyon multiple times, only adding to his worries.

 

On the way to Transfiguration, a class which Gryffindor shared with Hufflepuff, Jiyong made his stress very clear to both Seungri and Daesung after Taeyang left, saying he had to use the restroom. Before the class period started, many of the Hufflepuff students suggested trying to write the paper again, but to no avail because it was a very long paper which took a very long time for Jiyong to write.

After what seemed like a century of Transfiguration class came the dreaded walk to History of Magic. A second year class, Slytherin and Ravenclaw, was leaving the room. As the boys walked in, Jiyong was shoulder slammed, and almost knocked over by a rather tall Slytherin boy. His bag was knocked off his shoulder.

 

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Jiyong shouted after the boy. The student stopped and turned.

 

"Oh, sorry shorty I guess I just didn't see you there. You're just too short." The boy said to him. Reached down, grabbing the bag and handing it to Jiyong. Then sharply turned and walked away.

 

"What a turd." Jiyong said turning to his dear friend. " That totally didn't help. Now I have no homework and probably a bruised shoulder. How am I going to explain this to Professor Binns. UGH!"

 

"That was Seung- uh that Slytherin guy.," Taeyang stuttered looking displeased. "He may be good looking, but he sure is rude. Gee. I'm sure glad I don't know him."

 

"Oh, yeah? Seems like someone had a crush on him. And I don't mean Mildred. You couldn't possibly be as creepy as Miildred" Jiyong teased. At that they both started laughing. When they had sobered up Taeyang looked at him.

 

"I don't." Jiyong raised an eyebrow. "Really. I don't I swear."

 

"Sure. Whatever." They both started laughing again.

 

The boys trudged into class and took their seats near the middle of the classroom. Eventually, all the other Gryffindor students slowly shuffling in to their last class before dinner, each sighing as they sat in their seat. History of Magic is by common consent the most boring subject ever devised by Wizard-kind.

 

Professor Binns slowly floated in through the chalkboard looking up from his desk to begin his long, droning, sleep inducing lecture.

Professor Binns' lectures are guaranteed to bring sleep in ten minutes, five if it's warm. But on this day Jiyong was unable to fall asleep. Usually it was only Taeyang that had the magical skill to resist the soporific power of Binns' voice. Jiyong was too stressed and too worried. Mind you, this did not mean, in any way that Jiyong actually paid attention to the lecture at hand. Oh no, it went in one ear and out the other, but never led to sleep.

 

Finally when the intensely long lecture was finally over Binns voice raised a decibel.

 

"Alright class. Now. I assigned a paper that is due today. I will walk around to collect them from each person's desk individually. Starting with the left I will move down the row then the back of the next row and move up and so on and so forth. " Professor Binns was, in fact, completely unaware of the fact that he is deceased and can no longer walk. Rather, he is a ghost. The story is that he simply got up from his chair in the staff room one morning and left his body behind.

 

"Oh no. What am I going to do? Professor Binns will be furious if I don't have my paper." Jiyong whispered, turning to Taeyang.

 

"Hey Ji." Taeyang said, "Try checking in your bag again. Maybe you missed it. Maybe the papers and whatever other stuff you have got shuffled around when you dropped it?" So Jiyong picked up his bag searching to find something, anything. When he found 8 pieces of parchment paper that had not been in his bag earlier.

 

"What the?" He drew out the papers turning them over. His edited paper. "How on earth? I was positive this wasn't in there before." He ce again looking to his friend to get some logical reasoning.


"Well. We do go to a school of magic. Who knows what happened." and with that Taeyang smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: Sorry about the Chapter before. Its.. uhh yeah. It just kinda happened. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. SEE YOU ON TUESDAY!