The Sorting(and Choosing?)

Old School, New Style

 

After the train had arrived at Hogwarts station, everyone had gotten through the gates, and into the main hall right outside the dining hall safely, all of the first years were rounded up by an older grumpy yet kind looking professor.

"Hello first years. I am Headmaster McGonagall. None of you have ever been here before but I assume you all know about the sorting hat." The entire group of students started whispering. "Quiet down now. Each of you will have a particular set of personality traits and skills which will aid the hat in assigning you to a house. He will confer with you first making sure you feel set in whichever house he feels suits you. But, the sorting hat is almost always correct. Now, let the ceremony commence." The massive doors to the dining hall opened and the whole class made a single file line up to a barstool. As the students were oohing and ahhing at the ceiling the professor returned with the sorting hat.  

Our dear boys were near the front of the line. Just at the right spot that they were looking down the Slytherin table. Jiyong turned his head scanning down the table and saw a pretentious looking Korean 2nd year surrounded by what looked like the Malfoy kids and a couple other friends. Then with the line moving as the of the sorting hat shouts in the background he saw his sister, Dami, on the other side of the room waving at him from the Gryffindor table. He waved back. Taeyang tapped him on the shoulder.

" Hey, hey Ji, did you see that 2nd year?"

" Dude, which one... there are quite a few."

" The Slytherin one. The Korean one. Hes hot."

"Meh."

"Well, then I guess you wouldn't be interested if I told you he is staring at you?"

"KWON" The professor from earlier. Oh wait, he realized, she's actually the headmaster, shouted. "Get over here." He realized that it was his turn.

He took a seat on the stool and placed the hat on his head. After a moment of silence, he heard the hat whisper.

"Gryffindor? Just like your sister. But you're unsure. Why?"

"I'm not very brave. Dami makes me look like a scared child compared to her." Jiyong whispered back.

"Trust me. You will have some.... situations later on that will require courage. A special type of courage that only you have. Trust me. Go with Gryffindor. It will do you good."

"Thank you hat. I guess this will be for the best. So yes. I am alright with Gryffindor."

"Thank god" the hat said with almost an irritated tone.

"JIYONG KWON" it sounded so weird to hear his name said like this. Surname last. "GRYFFINDOR" The whole house cheered. Jiyong got up and paused; wanting to see what house his best friend would be put in. Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. Probably Gryffindor Jiyong thought to himself. He always saw Taeyang as a big brother. Able to protect him from anything that happened.

It was Taeyang's turn. He sat down and Headmaster McGonagall placed the sorting hat on his head. "TAEYANG DONG. GRYFFINDOR."

Jiyong started heading to the table Gryffindor table with Taeyang slowly.

Daesung's turn he sat down and almost as soon as the hat touched his head "DAESUNG KANG. HUFFLEPUFF." Daesung stood up and smiled. Clearly thrilled with his house. He walked over happily and like any other hufflepuff, was greeted by warm hugs from everyone in the near vicinity.

Then Seungri.  This was taking a while. Much longer than anyone else. By this point the entire hall was silent. Waiting. Wondering. Jiyong saw Seungri's mouth moving looking rather unhappy.Then the hat almost chuffed, clearly unhappy. "SEUNGRI LEE. HUFFLEPUFF." Jiyong and Taeyang turned to each other at the Gryffindor table.

"What?!" they said in unison. The boys turned to each other. They turned to look at Daesung. Also clearly shocked. Their Makne?? IN HUFFLEPUFF? He was no sweetheart.

"He.." Jiyong started.

"Making sure Daesung's not lonely?"

"I guess." They both thought it slightly odd that Seungri wouldn't be in Gryffindor.

Then someone started tickling the boys from behind.

"Gryffindors? Thank god my two favourite boys are here to keep me company. Lily! Jessica! Come meet by brother and his best friend!" Jiyong turned happy to see his older sister who had spent the latter half of the summer at a friends house in London.

"Dami! Good to see you." He got up and gave his sister a hug. Three other girls approached.

"Lily, Jessica,... Mildred. This is Jiyong my little brother and Taeyang. And then those two Hufflepuffs, Seungri and Daesung are also their close friends.'"

"Wah! They're soooo cute!" Mildred said. Lily, Jessica, and Dami looked at each other. The girls sat down Dami, Lily and Jessica on Jiyong and Mildred on Taeyang's side.

"Ji", Dami said leaning in to whisper to Jiyong. "Mildred is kinda weird and boy crazy. Ignore her. And make sure she doesn't take a liking to you. Currently she's kinda obsessed with a second year Slytherin. Although he is good looking.... she's creepy. Avoid her. Please."

"Of course."

"Heyyyy. What're we whispering about?" Mildred leaned over on Taeyang and asked Dami and Jiyong.

"Just some family problems." Daimi answered.

"Aw. Daddy issues?" Mildred replied.

"Its none of your business Mildred, please." Dami spat. And with a huff Mildred sat back in her seat.

Jiyong spaced out as the food appeared on the table. Hearing a small bit of the beginning of the year convocation speech from Headmaster McGonagall. Something about a wonderful, smart incoming class.

After the entire school and staffulty had finished eating supper everyone was sent off to their respective houses. Before exiting the hall the four boys met up with each other. They all ran up and hugged each other.

"Seungri. What happened with the hat. Why did you take so long? Plus, the hat seemed almost angry." Taeyang questioned

"I..... He..... uh..... there were some issues that I don't think I should really talk about...." He stuttered.

"Okay Ri... but if you ever want to talk to us about it... we're here to listen."

"Of course"

The boys parted ways. Seungri and Daesung to the Hufflepuff common room and Jiyong and Taeyang to the Gryffindor common room. What they didn't know is that the remarkably good looking Slytherin second year was watching Jiyong until he had to enter his own house's rooms. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: HAI PEOPLES. I'm really truly so sorry for not being able to update very often. It's been a bit of a hectic week with more stress to come. As it turns out my school will actually be starting next week and I really don't know how often I'll be able to update on top of me being an already ridiculously slow writer. So I'm very sorry if my update speed has been bothering you but I hope you can tough through it because it'll mean a new update to this story every friday for quite a long while. (I plan on this being pretty long) so I really am sorry and I do hope you won't leave =^_^= BYEE SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Also, just so you know there are a few different maps for Hogwarts that I've seen but heres the one i'm using:hogwarts.jpg