Freakin Stalker

Wooing Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what should we eat this morning?” Our dad asked as I excitedly jumped at the mention of food.

     “Dude, it’s just breakfast. Nothing all that special,” Skyler tsked. “Some random food, then we get back to the terminal-”

     “How about Mcdonald’s?” I suggested with clasped hands, as though it was one of the most appetizing food in the world.

     Her eyes widened in delight. “MCDONALD’S?! Chyeah! I’m down for it!”

     “I’m guessing both of you have decided it’s Mcdonald’s then?” Our dad chuckled at our eager nods. “Okay, then. Bye, wife. I’m going to take Skyler and Kina to Mcdonald’s.” We sent her a wave as she widened her eyes.

     “What? Mcdonald’s for breakfast?! That’s too unhealthy! With all of the greasy oil-”

Skyler quickly rushed to the rescue for us three to fight for what we wanted to eat. “We won’t get anything toooo unhealthy.” My mom rose an eyebrow, not taking it.

Mr.Nam spoke up from behind. “C’mon, it’s vacation. Let the girls eat what they want.”

Reluctantly, my mom agreed. “Fine.”

My dad, sister, and I cheered. “Bye, mommy!” We three dashed away before she could change her mind.

“Hello, may I take your order?” The guy at the register stared at us with a blank expression.

Our dad responded. “Uh, wait a moment. Let us take a look at the menu first.” We could tell by the weirded out face of the worker, that he was questioning if we ever went to Mcdonald’s before.

After taking about five full minutes, five more minutes than we should have, our dad asked, “What is in meal four?” My sister and I mentally banged our heads against the nearest wall.

“Dad, it says so on the board already…” Skyler pointed out the menu. "The whole meal is like two hashbrowns, an orange juice, and a mcmuffin."

Our dad waved his hands. "Wait, so is there ham in the mcmuffin?"

The worker shook his head. "We don't carry ham here-"

"How about canadian bacon?"

"Sir, that's the same thing as ham."

"Oh, uh, then I don't need canadian bacon. I'll get a ham mcmuffin."

"Sir, there's no ham."

"Oh, uh, is there sausage?"

The worker breathed out a sigh of relief. "Yes, we do have that." He typed in our order quickly.

"Wait, we'll take order number five," my dad decided.

The guy's nose flared as he tried to keep calm. It was obvious we hit him at the brink of his tolerance. "Okay then. Would that be it for you, sir?"

"Uh, can you read what we have so far?"

Gritting his teeth, he complied. "One mcmuffin, a coffee, and a hashbrown?"

"Can we get two more sausage mcmuffins, but with egg?" My dad asked.  Skyler and I shared a look.

"Yes, but that would be another order."

"Oh okay then. That would be all."

The worker sighed again, like a load of coal has been lifted off from his shoulders. "That would be twelve-"

Our dad interrupted. "Wait, make all of the sausage mcmuffins have eggs in the them." If this employee wasn't planning on quitting today, I was sure he was going to now.

"Why is he complicating this?" I questioned, clearly lost like the worker.

The guy told us the price and right when he said that, our dad was about to explode again because of the expensiveness for the whole meal. But wanting to just eat, our dad took out his card and paid.

Since it was only him running the restaurant at the moment, he had to hand us the food. “Uhm, your order is ready, sir.”

Our dad, Skyler, and I were in the middle of a conversation with Skyler laughing her head off, so we didn’t hear him. “Sir!” he hollered.  

Our dad whipped around like one of those kdrama actresses "Oh? For me?" He strode over to the guy. "Thanks. Can I have some ketchup?"

The guy blinked incredulously. "Sir, there's not really a need for you to put ketchup on anything you ordered."

"Oh..." Our dad responded. "Ok, then. Have a good day." The three of us walked back to the seating area.

"Dad, I think you've already ruined his day," I teased.

He waved his hand. "We were his first customers of the day. Of course not!"

Midway through our breakfast, our dad chimed, "I could really use some coffee."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter