004

Fear and Despair

"Haraboji! Is this nicer or is this nicer?" Hana said while holding up two red dresses, one in her left hand and one in her right hand. She was standing behind the railing that lined the entire second floor. The old man scrutinised both dresses before he decided the scissors paper stone would be the best way to choice. As expected, he played the game with Myungsoo, a trustworthy member in Crimson Ruby. 

Her haraboji ended up choosing a red dress that had a long slit which exposed her killer legs, other than that, it was pretty much safe and well covered. She managed to change into the dress with much difficulty to zip the back zipper. 

She smiled at the reflection of her in the mirror as she clasped on her diamond necklace, something her haraboji got for her. She slipped into her red pumps and made her way down to the living room where haraboji and Myungsoo was seated, both dressed for the event. 

Her grandfather gave her a thumbs up and linked hands with her while Myungsoo walked in front. There was a few more members trailing behind, also clad in well tailored suits. 

"Haraboji, excuse me. I need to use the ladies' room." Hana said softly, they have just reached the venue in two seperate cars. One for Hana and her grandfather, the other for the members of Crimson Ruby. Mr Lee gave her a nod before she whisk through the small crowd and entered the washroom. 

She stood behind the mirror, trying to adjust her dress and fix her hair. There was two different females, clad in a dark blue and hot pink dress respectively. Both of them was fixing their makeup as they chatted. 

"You know, Black Angels will be here. The twelve of them are coming as representative." 

"Ah jinja! I heard that they are really good looking. Especially the one with the big doe eyes, what was his name again?"

Hana sighed and went out of the washroom, not wanting to continue hearing their non stop chatters about the twelve members of Black Angels. She knew about Black Angels but never did met them, she only knew that they were head to head with Crimson Ruby. 

Her heels were making pleasant tick tacks sounds as it made contact with the polished white tiles, her black clutch was swinging in the air, as she made her way to the ballroom. The male who stood by the double doors, pushed open the wooden door, allowing her to enter. 

Heads turned as she walked pass the different tables which lined the hall. Most people were gathered together with their gangs while some, only a couple was mingling with others. 

"Oops sorry." A girl squeaked when her flute of champagne landed on Hana's dress. There was now a stain on her red dress, the cold liquid had seeped into the fabric. She spun around and glared daggers at the girl. 

"I did not notice you." The other girl said, sacarsm laced her words. Her nose was scrunched up and there was a frown on her face. Hana narrowed her eyes at the band on her wrist, it was green in colour, matching her emerald dress. 

"It's fine." She said in pure disgust, she knew the gang that the girl belonged and it was not a top gang. It was just a mere ordinary gang that held not much power at least lesser than Crimson Ruby. 

Hana gave the girl a tight smile before making her way out of the event hall again. Emerald Dragons. That was what her gang was. The both of them have already attracted most of the people's attention, including Hana's haraboji and that meant trouble. 

It would be a smart move to slip away before Emerald Dragons loses their position and confidence because Hana's haraboji would make sure that he personally take revenge for his dearest grand daughter. 

Hana went out from the back door, which lead her to a garden filled with roses and strings of shiny lights. There was a small fountain that stood in the middle of the place. She continued to walk, till she reached the black sedan. 

"Hyung, how long must we stay here?" Chanyeol whined as he looked at Suho.They were all clad in designer goods, from suits to well polished shoes. Their hair were all nicely styled, some tousled back while some were combed to the side. 

"Two hours, minimum." Suho replied firmly. He too, was bored and sick of such event, if there was a plane right now, he might just go overseas and escape from this nightmare.

"Yah! She looks familiar." Chen exclaimed while pointing at the retreating figure of a female in red dress. The others turned towards that direction, and narrowed their eyes at the female whose back was facing them. 

It sure did look familiar.

"It seems to be Hana." Lay mumbled as he inched closer, trying to figure out who the unknown female was. 

"Yea, it does." Kris replied back, still staring at the female. Baekhyun nodded along and he was just about to call her when she turned right, and disappear. 

There was many things running through Sehun's mind. Just now, when his friends were staring at the girl's back, he have noticed the red band around her wrist. His father have taught him about the different bands and he was specially told to remember the top four colour bands. 

Firstly, it was the colour of red. Secondly, it was their own colour, black. Thirdly, it was blue, Blue Crystals. Lastly, it was white, White Thorns. 

He remember them according to their ranks and status and red was the highest rank. It can't be that Hana is a part of Crimson Ruby. Even if she is, what is she doing in it? What role did she play? A plain member or?

"Sehun, what are you thinking of?" Luhan said as he nudged Sehun in his side. He have noticed the younger male spacing out and staring at the direction in which Hana went. 

Sehun shook his head briefly, shaking of his baseless assumptions and thoughts. Hana will never be a part of Crimson Ruby, his eyes must be playing tricks on him.