001

Fear and Despair

"Wake up, Young Miss." The old lady clad in a maid clothing said as she shook the young girl who was cuddling with the thick comfy blankets which smelt like vanila. The young girl lightly smacked away her old and wrinkly hands so she could continue sleeping.

"Young miss, please wake up." The old lady tried again, her face was scrunched up and her eyebrows were tightly knitted. This was the reason why no one wants to wake up the young miss. Once, a gang member tried to do so and he got punched in his face. Something broke and it was not the young miss's knuckle but it was his perfect nose.

"Mmm-" She mumbled something unclear as she burried her face in the pillow. The old lady sighed and shook her head disapprovingly before she forcefully tugged on the blanket, causing the young girl to lend on the ground.

"Ahjumma!" She shrieked when she felt her body collide against the cold hard marble floor. When she looked up, the old lady was already out of sight. The young girl grimaced under her breath, muttering something about the old lady being able to run faster than one of their gang members.

With heavy steps, she trudged to the bathroom to clean herself up. She knew it all so well, that this day is going to turn out as terrible as the others. It was expected at least for her case. The first day of school never did turn out well not to mention she woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

"Good morning, haraboji." She greeted as she gave the old man a brief hug. He was flipping through the black and white newspaper, his glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose as he scan through the articles. He frowned when he saw a particular article.

TWO KILLED, AGED 19 AND 17.

Both victims were already found dead when a passerby noticed them. There were red marks on their necks which was normally caused when a object was wrapped tightly around their neck. There was also scratches, abrassions and a pool of blood-

The old man closed the newspaper and placed it on the glass table. Hana eyed him curiously as he sipped on the mug of black coffee. She was busying eating her strawberry waffles. 

"Wonwoo!" The old man hollered. His hoarse and deep voice sounded through the entire mansion. It was not even a minute when a young male came running over, he was still panting when he stood in front of the old man. Hana sighed when she figured out what was happening. 

"Explain." The old man said with a low voice, it did not sound like an order but it held authority against those who were of lower class and Wonwoo was a part of them. Wonwoo gulped and began his explaination, like he already knew this was going to happen. 

"Are you saying that i should send more people next time?" The old man asked, his eyebrows slightly raised. Hana smirked as she wiped with the napkin. There was still a lot of time before school starts and she might as well, stay and watch the show. 

"No sir. I was just saying that i was outnumbered." Wonwoo replied as he fiddled with the end of his blouse. The old man nodded before he smiled sweetly at him. 

"My dear, you have just insulted our reputation and the door is open for you. Thank you, it was nice meeting you and Goodbye, my dear." The old man said as he pat Wonwoo's shoulder, Wonwoo stared at the man in shock before two guards ushered or more like drag him out. 

Hana smiled before grabbing her mcm backpack and bidding goodbye to her haraboji. The old man gave her a light peck on her forehead before she entered the black sedan. The driver step on the accelerator once the door with bulletproof and tinted windows closed. 

"We are here, young miss." The driver said as he pulled over in front of a flight of stairs that was amazingly milky white. There were two pillars that stood by the stairs, each of them lined with intricate gold detailings.

She nodded at the male before slipping out of the car. Hana glanced around, there was a couple of cars behind hers, students clad in the same uniform as hers stepped out from the cars. Her mcm backpack was casually slung on one of her shoulder, slightly ped. 

There was not much of a crowd but there was sure lots of commotion at the end of the hall. She could see the backs of female students, most wore skirts that ended at their upper thigh and stilettos that were taller than their head. **

She could barely see the people that were surrounded by those girls, but it was no doubt that they were males and a few of them were insanely tall. Hana tore her eyes away from the crowd and entered the office. A middle aged lady greeted her and handed her a slip of paper, the timetable. 

Her eyes wandered around the proximity, trying to locate her new classroom. She was mentally cursing the lady for not telling her the directions and give her a map. No, scratch the second choice. Her, Lee Hana was terrible at reading maps. 

"Good morning, seongsaenim." She said as she knocked on the wooden door that was painted with a layer of laquer. The teacher signal for her to enter. Hana stood by her and bowed after the teacher's brief introduction of her. 

Some students gave her small smiled while most minded their own things such as buffering their nails, staring at the window, twirling their bushy hair and doodling on the textbooks. She was ushered to seat beside a male that had blonde hair. He had an intense stare and his jaw was no joke, he was like a walking male god. 

Hana mentally snickered when the idea of him being a bastard come to her mind. There was no doubt that people like him would be a rude person not to mention the glares that female students were drilling into the back of head made it clear that this particular male was to steer away from. 

She pulled out the chair and took her seat. The male was now facing her, his face not far away from her, maybe a few inches away. His brown orbs were studying her face, analysing every part of her face. Hana gave him a curious look as he continued to scan her. 

"Err, hello?" She said, trying to stop the male from studying her like she is an alien. At least, it worked. The male pull away from her and a small smile form on his face, flashing his pearly whites. 

He held out his big hand in front of Hana, before he introduced himself with his signature voice. "Hello, Kris imnida."