Library Study

Geometric Love♂♂

Chapter 2

✿ Library Study✿

 

It was last period on a Wednesday afternoon, which happened to be maths. The bell went and Ryeowook was the first one out of the class, because he desperately wanted to avoid confrontation with Siwon. He didn’t like how every time he spoke to him he felt as if he was doing something wrong, he felt guilty.

Ryeowook couldn’t hang around school for too long anyway, as tonight he had his shift at the local super market. He liked working in the evenings because it was always quiet and no one bothered him, only a few old people and the occasional drunk that doesn’t know where he is.

He spent the evening sweeping the floor and leaning over the counter bored, until he a familiar face walked through the door. Siwon approached the counter “Hey” He said handing Ryeowook a pack of gum that he wanted to buy. “Hi” Ryeowook said scanning the gum and taking his money. “I’m tutoring you tonight” he said. Ryeowook rolled his eyes “I can’t be bothered”.

“Then let’s not” Siwon said looking at Ryeowook with a warm smile. “What do you mean?”

“I could lie to your mother for you, and say we’re doing it in a library… and I could take you out for a drink” Siwon said smirking. “Hmm” Ryeowook said taking off his apron since his shift had ended. There was a few moments of silence before Siwon got his answer “Fine, but one drink okay?” Ryeowook said walking out from behind the counter. “Sure thing”. Siwon took him to his car, Ryeowook had to admit he was impressed at Siwon’s car, it was a convertible black BNW, it was so clean, and it looked brand new. “Where would you like to go?” Siwon asked opening the passenger door for Ryeowook, “I don’t know “he said getting into the car.

Once they were both in the car Siwon spoke while plugging in his seat belt “to be honest, it’s probably not a good idea to be out in public together, just in case another member of staff see us or one of your friends.” Ryeowook nodded in agreement. “So I hope you don’t mind coming to my apartment?” Siwon said as a little sigh fell from Ryeowook, this is so not right he thought to himself. But Ryeowook suppressed his feelings “Sure” he said looking out the window. They drove through Seoul, it was busy as always. The glamorous office workers with their perfect suits and dresses walking around under the street lights just reminded Ryeowook how he didn’t want to work in an office when he left school. Oh how he dreaded ever being stuck in a stuffy office with academic people and computers.

“So Ryeowook, what do you want to do when you leave school?” Siwon asked concentrating on the road.

“Hmmm, I’m not really sure at the moment” Ryeowook lied. He wanted to be a fashion stylist but didn’t dare to tell anyone, because he felt like he was going to be laughed at for having such aspirations.

“You’re not sure?” Siwon quickly glanced at the younger boy before he turned at a junction.

“No. I’m not really good at much” Ryeowook giggled to himself.

“Don’t say that about yourself Ryeowook” Siwon said in a serious tone. The rest of the car journey was quiet with only the sound of music coming from the radio.

 

 

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

 

 

Siwon’s apartment lot was massive, it went up around 60 stories high. They entered the reception, it was like a five star hotel. Siwon approached the desk as Ryeowook followed behind mesmerised by the beauty of this building. It was very clean, it had that same glossy feeling you get in the makeup department of a department store. The woman at the desk handed over some mail that had been left for Siwon over the day. “Come on” Siwon said snapping Ryeowook out of dreamy scan of the room and leading the younger towards the elevators. The golden elevator doors opened and they stepped inside as Siwon clicked his floor number, fifty- seven.

“You really live here?” Ryeowook said with a suspicious look on his face.

“Yes of course I do why would I bring you here if I didn’t?” He asked

“Just maybe, you hired a fancy penthouse here to impress me” Ryeowook giggled under his breath.

Siwon laughed running his hand through his hair “that does sound like something I would do, but I do really live here” Siwon smiled brightly at the young boy smiling back.

As they left the elevator, they stepped into a long quiet hallway and began walking until they reached the door at the very end of the hallway. They stepped in and took their shoes off, Siwon’s apartment was glamorous, very masculine with grey walls, black coaches and a white coffee table in the living room ahead. The kitchen was to the right of them as they walked in next to a bathroom.  As Ryeowook walked his way into the apartment a little black and white French Bull dog came running down from the couch towards Ryeowook. “Awh hey buddy!” Ryeowook came down to the dog’s level to greet him. “What’s your name?” the dog panted with happiness “His name is Bugsy, he gets so excited whenever I come home” Siwon said hanging up his blazer in a cupboard next to the door.  The little dog Ryeowook’s face for affection.

“The toilet and shower by the front door, but I have another bathroom with a hot tub in it next to my bedroom…” Siwon said laying his keys on the kitchen counter “that’s if... you ever want to get washed here.” Siwon noticed he had said the wrong thing, why would he want to know where he can get washed!? You idiot! Siwon thought to himself.

Ryeowook laughed. “Thank you but I don’t think I’ll be coming back here anytime soon” Ryeowook smiled at the older man as he sat down on one of the coaches followed by Bugsy sitting next to him. “Your place is lovely, it’s so spacious. You live here with your girlfriend?”

Siwon exhaled through his nose while pouring lemonade into a glass “no, no it’s just me and Bugsy here.”

“Oh really? You must get lonely” Ryeowook said as Siwon handed him the drink. “Thank you”

“Well, not really. I keep myself busy with friends and work.” He sat down next to the younger one. “And I have been going to puppy training classes with Bugsy recently since he’s still a pup”

“He’s very cute” the younger one said petting the dogs head.

“Do you have any pets?”

“No my mother doesn’t like animals, but I would love a dog.” Ryeowook said looking down to his drink on his lap.

“Hm, you know what, why don’t you share Bugsy with me?” Siwon said turning his body to the younger one.

“What do you mean? I can’t take him home with me my mother would flip”

“No I don’t mean take him home, but if you want I could give you a key to my apartment and you can come here whenever you like, take him for walks, feed him, play with him like he was your own dog.” Siwon purposed leaning his hand over to pet the dog as well.

Ryeowook took a sip of his drink “No I couldn’t it would be an invasion of your privacy, Siwon.”

“No really, it’s a good idea! I’m always busy with work and marking homework it would really help me out if you could.”

“Hmmm” Ryeowook sat thinking about Siwon’s idea.

“Listen, if you help me raise Bugsy, I’ll give you tutoring for free.” Siwon’s proposal widened Ryeowook’s eyes. “Don’t tell me that’s not a good deal” Siwon said.

“Hmmm, I suppose… Alright I’ll do it” Ryeowook said picking up Bugsy “Looks like I’m your new uncle” Ryeowook giggled to the pup. “Oh yeah could you please call my mother and tell her I am studying with you?” Ryeowook said looking anxiously to the tall man.

“Sure” Siwon said taking his phone out, he put the phone to his ear “Hello Mrs Kim? Yes this is Siwon…. Yes Ryeowook is fine, I just brought him to the library because he believes he’ll learn better in this environment… yes he has money on him to pay me….. Yes……. Okay thank you Mrs Kim, have a good evening… goodbye.” Siwon hung up.

“You know my mother and every single girl in our class has a crush on you” Ryeowook said putting the pup on the floor.

Siwon chuckled “Is that so?” He laughed again “I’m sorry Wookie but your mother isn’t my type”

“Did you just call me Wookie?”

“Yes is that okay? It suits you” Siwon said as he ruffled the younger ones hair. “You’re really cute.”

“Aishhh you keep saying that, it’s creeping me out” Ryeowook said fixing his hair.

“How does it creep you out? I’m being affectionate” Siwon rested his arm on the back of the sofa behind Ryeowook’s head.

“Hmmm I’d beg to differ, and why is my mother not your type? Other than she’s mad, she’s a pretty woman” Ryeowook said sitting back.

“Your mother is lovely yes and she is pretty, but I just don’t date women in general” Ryeowook sat up in interest to Siwon’s statement.

“So, you don’t want to be in a relationship at all?” Ryeowook asked.

“No, I just don’t want to be in a relationship… with a woman.” Siwon said smiling at the younger one wondering how he was going to respond.

“Wait, so you’re…..gay?” Ryeowook said looking up to the older man.

“I do believe that is what it’s called when a man isn’t interested in women” Siwon confessed.

“Well that explains a lot” Ryeowook said before taking another sip of his drink.

“What do you mean?”

“Well… you dress really well, your apartment is spotless, and you keep obsessing over me” Ryeowook said with his mouth in his cup.
 

Siwon Smirked “You think I like you?”

“Well…” It went quiet, Ryeowook’s heart began to beat rapidly and his hand became sweaty so he placed his cup on the coffee table to avoid dropping it. As Ryeowook was about to sit back into his original position an unexpected warm came close to him, Siwon had moved his body close to his. The older man put his hand on the smaller ones shoulder and brought his face close to his.

“Well you’re right, I do like you.”