Encounter

Geometric Love♂♂

Chapter 1

✿ Geometric Encounter ✿

 

Ryeowook sat at his desk in class staring at the marked maths test in his hands.  How had he managed to get an F again? He studied all weekend before the test! He buried his head in his arms in attempt to hide himself from the truth; he was dreadful at maths. The young boy whined into his thin shirted arms followed by a groan, he knew his mother was not going to be happy with this result, especially after he had promised her he was going to get at least a B this time. “You alright?” the familiar voice of his best friend Heechul Came from the desk beside him. “Hyungg~ I failed again” The younger one cried into his desk. “Aishhh who cares? It’s not like you need maths to be a stylist anyway” Heechul said as he combed his glossy shoulder lengthen hair followed by applying Chap Stick to his plumped lips. “Yeah, but my mother really wants me to do well, I’m worried that she’s going to get me a tutor soon!” The younger said sitting up as their Student Support Teacher walked in.

He was a handsome guy for a Teacher, Mr Park ~ Full name Park Jeong-su. He stood at the front of the class and began writing on the board “Monday 3rd November” followed by some set homework for the students, shuffling some papers as the class silenced. He began to speak “As you all may be aware, this year the results prier the maths test resulted in 83% of the year failing. So the school has invested in a new maths teacher, his name is Mr Choi and he will be joining you tomorrow morning for a double period of maths. This teacher teaches at University level, so please treat him with respect. Also, there will be an assembly on Thursday; period 6, so do not miss it. You may be dismiss” He said as the schools bell went for home time.  

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

Walking home, Ryeowook thought about his future, what Heechul said was right, he didn’t need maths at all to do what he wanted to do. Even though he knew his mother wanted him to be a doctor, or a lawyer, it wasn’t in Ryeowook. He just wasn’t one of those guys, he didn’t feel clever like them, and he’d rather paint a picture than write down the periodic table. Being mathematical and scientific just wasn’t the way Ryeowook was, although he did envy people like that.

As he approached his house he noticed an unfamiliar expensive looking black BMW parked outside. He stepped into his warm house taking off his shoes and hanging up his coat he looked into his living room to see his mother sitting with an unfamiliar man, he could only see the back of his head. From what the boy could see this stranger had very broad muscular shoulders and a well-built body, what was someone like this doing in his home?

#“Honey, welcome home” Ryeowook’s mother said standing up approaching and then hugging her son, Ryeowook tried to pay attention to his unusually loving mother, but he had his eyes fixed on the seated man who stood up to face the younger boy and his mother. He was tall, around 183cm tall with short well-groomed hair. He wore a fitted shirt and dresser trousers, he had the perfect balance between casual and professional. His face was kind looking, but very handsome was he a model? The boy wondered to himself, is this my mums new boyfriend? He wondered but then scrapped the idea because he didn’t believe a man like this would date his mad mother. The boy looked up to the other man, he felt small next to him, and he must have been just under his shoulders.  His mother and he looked so short in comparison to this proper man.

“Honey, this is Siwon” Ryeowook’s mother said as Ryeowook bowed his head to the taller man as he returned the favour with a pearly smile, even his teeth were perfect. Surely he had had surgery Ryeowook thought to himself as he still hadn’t gotten over the older man’s appearance. The younger boy began to feel embarrassed with how false his mother was becoming around this man. She was acting kind and sweet which Ryeowook was not used to seeing.

“I’m sorry to disturb your evening Ryeowook, but your lovely mother here invited me around” Siwon said with a warm smile, Ryeowook was still confused.

 

 “Yes dear, this is your new maths tutor” She said smiling at her son. Ryeowook’s eyes widened. “What? Omma! I don’t need a maths tutor!” He exclaimed to his mother awkwardly avoiding eye contact with the tall male in front of him. “Yes you do! You keep failing and you need maths in order to get a job!” She said smacking her sons shoulder. “Your mother’s right Ryeowook, a lot of work places really look for a maths qualification” the warm smile still hadn’t left his face, Why does he keep saying my name like that? Ryeowook thought to himself. “So, Monday’s Wednesdays and Friday nights you’ll be getting one hour of tutoring!” his mother said with excitement in her voice that Ryeowook couldn’t really feel himself. “I can’t do Wednesday nights mum you know I work at the convenience store that night” Ryeowook said playing with the end of his scarf in a very cute way which made Siwon smirk a little at the boy. “Can’t you get that day off?” His mother asked. “It’s alright I could pick you up after your shift, I drive home from my new job that way anyway.” Siwon said putting his hands in in pocket. “Perfect! He finished at 8pm on a Wednesday” his mother said as Ryeowook ran his hands through his hair. “Don’t worry Ryeowook, I will turn you into an A star student!” Siwon said patting the younger ones shoulder “Should we get started?” He asked looking at Ryeowook’s mother wondering where the two of them should sit. “Yes of course! You can sit at the dining table in the kitchen! Ryeowook bring your school bag through” His mother explained as Ryeowook rolled his eyes at her. The two of them sat down at the dining table. Ryeowook could smell the older mans after shave, it smelt good, which made him a little embarrassed. “I’ll make tea for you both, you can both get started” she said as she began boiling the kettle. Ryeowook sat at the end of the table with his tutor in the seat next to him. “So Ryeowook what do you struggle most with?” Siwon asked as the younger boy got his books out. Ryeowook felt nervous, this man kept looking at him with such a lovely look. And he admitted to himself that he found his tutor’s appearance quite attractive in an envious kind of way. “Um… well…” Siwon took one of Ryeowook’s jotters and began flicking through pages. “It looks like you have the hang of geometry. How about algebra?” he asked as Tea was placed in front of them “Thank you” Siwon said to his students mother, as she left the room. “Well…” The younger said looking down at the table shyly, embarrassed to say anything in case he got it wrong. “I’m not very good at anything to be honest” The younger one said while giggling. “Don’t say that Ryeowook! I can see here that you understand basic maths and geometry, if it’s just the way you approach an equation then we can fix it, if you look at a question and dismiss it straight away you’re obviously not going to be able to get it. Don’t feel embarrassed to say what you want, if you don’t get anything wrong then there’s no point in me being here is there?” and there were those pearly whites again making Ryeowook feel warm inside. “Okay… well, I’m not very good at algebra, I get so confused to why there are letters involved” Ryeowook said looking down to his jotter. Siwon began teaching the younger one many different things, each time Ryeowook made eye contact with the older man he felt his chest tighten a little, so he concentrated on his paper in front of him.

An hour flew by “Well it’s been an hour” Siwon said neatly stacking the pieces of paper he had been scribbling on to demonstrate some equations to the younger boy. “Here I would like you to get this work sheet done for Wednesday if that’s possible?” Siwon said smiling once again, “Sure” Ryeowook said taking the paper from Siwon returning a small smile to him. Ryeowook was tidying up some paper when Siwon came out with something extremely unexpected.

“You’re quite cute, Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook stopped tidying mid-motion. “Um… thanks…” The younger wasn’t sure how to respond, was he flirting with me? “You’re quite handsome” , , why did I say that?!

“Ha-ha Thank you” Siwon said while standing up ruffling the younger ones hair. Ryeowook blushing up to his ears raised from his seat and was about leave the room when he felt a soft hand grab his wrist. “Hu?” Ryeowook faced the man out of interest. “What’re you doing this weekend?” Siwon asked, resulting in a shocked look on Ryeowook’s face “Wait, now I know you think it’s weird I’m your tutor asking you on a date but I’m only 28 and your what? 17? That’s only 11 years.”

“Only?!” Ryeowook said releasing his wrist from the others hand, the two of them looked at each other for a moment before the younger went to get his mother in order to pay Siwon. Leaving Siwon in the kitchen standing there, awkwardly.  After Siwon was paid, he left. Leaving Ryeowook lying in bed that night confused. Imagine dating your maths tutor… that would be weird He thought to himself. Really weird.

 

 

 

 

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

 

 

The next day Ryeowook sat himself at his desk organising his books for the day. “Psst” Heechul said leaning over to the younger ones desk. “Did you hear?” Heechul said scanning the class room. “Hear what?” Ryeowook asked. “Our new maths teacher is apparently gorgeous.” Heechul said whipping out a pink highlighter from his blazer. “Really?” Ryeowook said with a cute smile on his face, giggling.

Ryeowook took out his phone and began playing Candy Crush, he had been on the same level for just over a month now, and he really wanted to crack it. In the mist of Candy Crush he heard the classroom door open, which meant it was a teacher, meaning it was time to turn off his phone. He looked up to see his band new Maths teacher walk in… although he wasn’t brand new at all. It was Siwon.

The class went into hypes as girl began wanting to take selcas with him and Heechul was nearly on the edge of running up to him with his on the edge of his seat. “Class please settle down” Siwon said as he placed a few books he had brought with him on the teachers desk. The class went quiet. Ryeowook sat there embarrassed, he could feel the eyes of his best friend next to him. Heechul was probably not going to shut up for the next two weeks about this guy. How was he going to react when he found out that Ryeowook already knew him out of school? Even worse, what if he knew about that little stunt Siwon pulled last night? What if anyone found out about that? Could he lose his job? Could Ryeowook get expelled? As everyone knows it is forbidden for students and teachers to have any outside relations never mind love interest!

Ryeowook could feel his cheeks burning, with millions of thoughts racing through his head, his main priority was to make sure Siwon wouldn’t notice him,  it was a big class, and Ryeowook was near the back, so if he just didn’t make any scenes he might be okay.  

“Hello everyone, I am Mr Choi and I am your new maths teacher, I’ve heard a lot about this school regarding its reputation to grades so I hope I can contribute to making it better. Let’s start by doing the register.”

Oh no.

He’s going to read out my name and realise I’m in his class! No! Ryeowook thought has he began releasing his tie a little in the attempt to cool down.

Eventually Siwon reached Ryeowook’s name.

“Kim…” Siwon stopped mid-way in disbelief “Kim Ryeowook” he said looking around to see if this was the same Ryeowook that he had asked out the previous night before. “H-here.” The two of them made awkward eye contact before Siwon continued with the register. Ryeowook collapsed his head onto his desk.

After the register, Siwon handed worksheets to the front row to pass back to everyone. “Please try to complete these equations, you have 10 minutes to do so.”

As the class got into their work Heechul tapped Ryeowook’s shoulder to whisper “I’m going to ask for help so we can get a closer look” Heechul said sticking it tongue between his teeth in excitement. “No! Don’t!” Ryeowook whisper shouted to his hyung. “Heechul don’t!” Ryeowook attempted to pull Heechul’s arm down that was raised in the air.

Siwon noticed Heechul and with his pearly whites he began walking up the aisle.  Ryeowook put his face in his palms out of embarrassment. “Hey what’s your name?” Siwon asked his student “Kim Heechul” he said in very flirtatious way, which Siwon chose to ignore “what do you need help with?” he asked. Heechul explained and received the help he wanted, not taking his eyes off of his teacher for one moment.

 

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

 

It was the end of the double period and everyone was leaving for their break. Ryeowook got up but naturally, left the classroom las because of being at the back of the classroom. “Ryeowook” he heard Siwon call him from his desk “Wait behind please.” He said writing something into a book. Ryeowook turned around and headed towards the elders desk. “Yeah?” he was avoiding eye contact, although he knew that Siwon was looking up to him. “I want you to do something for me” Siwon said as he stood up and headed over to the door to close it. “Hm? What’s that?” Ryeowook asked as Siwon came closer. “I want you to not mention to anyone that we know each other out of school. Even if it is for educational purposes” Siwon said putting his hand on the younger ones shoulder. “Of course! I won’t say to anyone!”

“If you do I could get fired. If I had known you were going to the school I was about to work in I would have never came onto you like I did last night. Which I am sorry about, I’m aware that I made you uncomfortable, I did only mean well though.” Siwon explained. “I know!” Ryeowook smiled up to Siwon in an attempt to make the situation a little less awkward. “I won’t tell a soul I promise” Ryeowook grinned. Siwon looked at him thinking of how cute this little guy was, before Ryeowook could say anything else the teacher had his muscular arms around the younger boy, bending down to cuddle into him. “Siw- I mean Mr Choi if someone walks in…”

“I am still offering that date with you at the weekend” Siwon said warmly into the boy’s ear.

Ryeowook’s heart fluttered, he pulled away in a hurry. “Si- … Mr Choi”

“Call me Siwon when we’re alone.”

“Okay… Siwon, I can’t go on a date with you you’re my tutor and teacher, never mind being 11 years older than me!” Ryeowook said whipping his forehead with his sleeve. “You find age an issue?” Siwon asked.
“Well no… but in these circumstances yes!”  

Siwon looked down at his paper work. “I’ll see you tomorrow Ryeowook.” He bowed and excused himself from Siwon’s class.

 

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣