A 'Good' Bye

Geometric Love♂♂

Chapter 8

✿ A ‘Good’ Bye ✿

 

The next morning, Ryeowook woke up in the arms of Siwon yet again. He smiled to himself as he sat himself up looking down at his sleeping boyfriend. He got out of bed checking his phone to see a text from his mother… then it hit him. He didn’t tell his mother where he was going, or that he wasn’t going to be coming home. He panicked as he quickly walked into the living room.

M O T H E R: WHERE ARE YOU? WHY WON’T YOU ANSWER MY CALLS?

M O T H E R: GET YOUR HOME NOW RYEOWOOK. WE NEED TO TALK.

 

He hesitated. This text was sent as 11:30pm last night, so he must have been sleeping. He walked back into the bedroom so see Siwon petting Bugsy on his bed.

“You okay?” Siwon said looking at his worried boyfriend. “No I’m really not” Ryeowook said picking himself up at the bottom of the bed. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“My mother” he said passing his phone to Siwon, he read the messages. “I’m sure it’s nothing Wookie” Siwon smiled, “maybe she’s just mad because you’ve not been home studying or your bedrooms a mess”

“My bedroom is never a mess!” Ryeowook hissed. “Calm down” Siwon said getting out of bed. “Listen I’m sure it’s nothing” Siwon said getting out of his bed. Ryeowook quickly walked back into the living room with his eyes fixed on his phone as Siwon followed the anxious boy. “What if she’s found out about us?” the boy said putting his shoes on at the front door. “Ryeowook relax” Siwon said trying slow the boy down. “No!” he snapped. Siwon was a little surprised, this was the first time Siwon has seen Ryeowook like this. This is exactly what Ryeowook had been dreading, but he knew it was going to happen, he knew something like this was going to happen, he knew all his happiness was going to go down the drain. He threw his jacket on, “let me give you a lift home” Siwon said taking his keys off the hook. “No I’ll get the bus” he said in an angry tone. He left Siwon speechless as he opened the door and headed down the hallway, Zhoumi stood at the side of the door “bad time?” he asked. Siwon sighed, “No come in” he said as he saw his boyfriend waiting for the lift.

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

 

Ryeowook’s heart was racing for the entire journey home. Once he was standing outside his house, he thought he was going to vomit, he opened the door to hear the sound of pots and pans in the kitchen, and it must’ve been around 11am. “Mum?” he called, to get no response as he took off his shoes. He headed to the kitchen to see his mother washing dishes aggressively. “You okay?” he said standing in the doorway timidly. She continued scrubbing, ignoring her son “mum?” she threw the pot she was scrubbing into the basin sink. She faced her son, hand on hip. “Where were you last night?” she asked. “Uh, I was wish friends. I didn’t mean to fall asleep there it was an accident. Sorry I never told you.”

“Why’re you lying to me?” She asked.

“I’m not lying.” He answered.

“That’s not what Heechul told me.” She answered.

Ryeowook gulped. “What did he say?”

“You know you have no respect for me Ryeowook. I have raised you with my own two hands since your father left. And you’re not in the slightest bit grateful towards me.”

“I do have respect for you, I love you with all my heart mum” Ryeowook was worried, and felt extremely ashamed of himself, whilst he had been running around with his own personal problems his mother was suffering. He forgot how much hard work his mum put into him. And he began to realise he had been so selfish.

“After everything I do for you! You go behind my back like that?!” She began yelling.

“Mum I can explain” He wasn’t sure what Heechul had said but he was extremely worried.

“Explain what? If you don’t want an education go ahead carry on what you’re doing!” She yelled. Wait Ryeowook thought, was she really talking about Siwon or?

“How dare you, after all the money I put into you and your education, you spend all your evenings with Heechul at that stupid gaming centre!” Ryeowook sighed with relief. Heechul had lied for him. I phoned Heechul’s mother. And the two of you aren’t going to hang out without our permission anymore, he’s a bad influence on you!”

“But he’s my best friend mum I can’t just never talk to him again!”

“Why can’t you hang out with normal boys?” she asked. He was shocked… Heechul was different to other boys Ryeowook knew that, Heechul was camp, but that was what Ryeowook liked about him, how he was never ashamed to show his uality. “Mum, Heechul is a good guy” Ryeowook said sounding pissed off, because he was. How dare she insult my best friend like that.

“What is that?” His mother looked shocked as she rapidly walked towards her son and pulled his shirts collar down. “Where did all these hickies come from?!” She yelled. Ryeowook stepped back pulling his collar back up. “No Where” he lied.

“Who done that?” she asked.

“No one!”

“Who done it Ryeowook?! And tell me the truth!” She yelled. He didn’t know what to do, should he tell the truth? Or lie again? If he told the truth he knew his mother would go mad and phone the school to tell everyone. But if he continued to lie, things could get so much worse in the long run.

“Well…” he said looking around the kitchen.

“Is it Heechul?” she asked.

“Ew no, mum he’s like a brother to me, that’s so wrong” he said “it’s not important who it is mum”

“Yes it is.”

“I’m a 17 year old boy I should have to tell you who I’m with”

“Well as long as you’re under my roof Ryeowook you will tell me!” Her voice became louder.

At this point Ryeowook had had enough, he turned around and headed to the front door before his mother grabbed his wrist. “Don’t you walk away from me!”

“Let go of me!” Ryeowook yelled as he pulled himself off of his mum. “You’ve never shown an interest in my life before now, I don’t see why you need to know anything now!” he said before existing through the front door and slamming the door behind him. He sat down on the door step with his head in his hands. Everything had gone wrong, this is exactly what he knew was going to happen, this is what he was dreading. He loved Siwon, he knew he did and he wished that people would understand but he knew that no one would.

 

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

 

Meanwhile Siwon was sitting with Zhoumi in his front room.

“So who was that kid?” Zhoumi asked before taking a sip of his tea.

“He’s my dog sitter” Siwon answered.

“A dog sitter here at 9:30 on a Sunday morning?”

“Well, he’s a little more than a dog sitter” Siwon said a little hesitantly. “If I tell you the situation Zhoumi you can’t tell a soul”

“Your secret will be safe with me” Zhoumi said putting his hand on his heart.

“I met Ryeowook, that kid, through tutoring. His mother hired me to help him with his grades. I thought he was cute, so after tutoring him I asked him on a date.” Siwon said looking at the mug in his hand.

“What’s so wrong with that?” Zhoumi asked.

“That’s the thing, after he freaked out at me for coming onto him. I went to my new job the next day working at the local High school. And he was in my class.”

“Oh… that’s a problem” Zhoumi sighed in empathy.

“So yeah… but after we spoke more, we got closer and in the space of a few days we decided to date. So he’s my boyfriend now, and a complete secret” Siwon sighed. “In a way I’m glad I have someone to talk to this about. Even if it is you

“What we had happened like six years ago, it’s gone and you’re an honest friend now so I don’t mind helping you out” Zhoumi smiled. It was true, Zhoumi and Siwon had dated back when they were students. They dated mainly because they attended the same University and lived in the same apartment lot, but when they were together it felt more like a friendship than a relationship, neither of them ever felt love like they should have done and after a few years of dating they decided it was best to just be friends. And of course Ryeowook didn’t know this, he didn’t know anything about Zhoumi and Siwon being together, but Siwon was oblivious that Zhoumi and Ryeowook even knew each other.

Siwon smiled a Zhoumi, “why did he look so angry this morning then?” Zhoumi asked.

“Because his mother texted him last night when he was asleep, she was really pissed off at him and he’s worried it’s because she’s found out about us”

“How would she? If no one has said anything to anyone?”

“I don’t know, “Siwon looked down with anxiety on his face “that’s a good point, maybe he has said to someone” Siwon said.

“Well you’ve told me, there’s a good chance that Ryeowook has told one of his friends too”

“I need to go Zhoumi, thank you for coming over” Siwon stood up quickly and headed to the door putting on his blazer jacket. Siwon left and headed straight for the elevator. He was going to find out what was really going on.

❣                ❣                    ❣                   ❣                 ❣

 

Ryeowook had sat and cried on his door step for a good fifteen minutes, his mother didn’t even bother to ask how he was. Eventually he got up and wiped his eyes to look up and see his boyfriend standing at the end of the path leading to his house. “Siwon?”

Siwon walked up slowly towards his boyfriend, calmly. He looked down to his level, taking his hands. “What did your mum say?”

“My friend covered for me, he lied saying I was at a gaming centre.”

“Is this the same friend that you told you had a girlfriend?”

“Yeah…” Ryeowook let go of his boyfriend’s hands to wipe his eyes. His mother stepped outside, confused to why his sons maths tutor was here.

“What’re you doing here Siwon?” She asked cautiously stepping outside of her house.

“I um…” He hesitated. “Just was driving by and wanted to see how you were coping”  
“We’re fine” she said in an aggressive tone, “Ryeowook. I phones the Gaming centre to cancel your membership, they said you’ve not been there since last year.” She said crossing her arms. “What’s really going on Ryeowook? Why did Heechul lie to my, why’re you lying to me?!” She raised her voice. Ryeowook felt embarrassed, ashamed, scared. “Mum” Ryeowook mumbled.

“Miss Kim” Siwon interrupted. “I think we should tell you the truth.”
“Siwon no don’t” Ryeowook hesitated holding onto his boyfriends arm.

“I think you should” His mother said.

It was quiet for a few moments, “Miss Kim, I teach your son at his high school. I’m his maths teacher”

“Well what’s so bad about that?” she asked.

Siwon sighed. “Siwon please don’t tell her” Ryeowook begged.

“Ryeowook and I are also in a relationship.” dropped, her eyes widened. “For the past week your son has been coming to my house, and sleeping with me.” Siwon sighed again “It’s best you know the truth” Ryeowook burst into tears into his hands.

“How dare you” she yelled, “how dare you!” she began slapping and hitting the taller man “How dare you use my son like that, how dare you! You disgusting man! Leave! Go! Never come back, don’t even look at my son again you filthy swine!” She was turning red, the rage within her was flaming.

“Mum please let us explain!” Ryeowook begged, he was screaming in pain, he didn’t want to leave Siwon, he loved him. Even if it was Naïve love, he had an extremely close attachment to him and didn’t want him out of his life. “Siwon don’t leave please” Ryeowook cried trying to reach out to the older man and his mother pulled him back.” I love you” He cried, tears running down his face. “I’m sorry Wookie” Siwon felt his eyes well up as he saw the boy he loved cry for him, the only thing he could do now was get in his car and leave. He walked down the path and got into his car, not making eye contact once, because he knew if he did he would never be able to let go of the young boy. He drove off. And just like that the man he loved had left his life, the man he had met a week ago, that suddenly became so much to him was gone. Every time Ryeowook got a glimpse of happiness it felt like it never lasted.

“Get in the house!” His mother yelled pushing her son toward the front door. 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

So yeah, again a little bit rushed but honeslty I don't have any other time to write. I really like this plot to be honest, but all the lies where annoying me a little haha 

Hope you liked it, the next chapter will be delievered in the next week or so!  Comments are highly appreciated!