Chanyeol

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to the hospital? You might have a concussion” Kris said still fusing over Tao.  

“He’s fine” I snapped.

“How do you know? Are you a doctor?” Kris said angrily. I resisted the urge to slap him, he could be so stupid sometimes. And completely blind were Tao was concerned, everyone knew what a conniving, manipulative, two faced he could be but Kris believed the sun shined out of his rear.

“Can you please go get me something to drink and then take me home” I heard Tao say and Kris like the good little doggy he is quickly went back into the house to do as he was told.

“What did you say to him?” I asked when Kris left us on the porch on our own. I would have asked earlier but I knew Kris would lose his mind if he thought I was blaming his precious Tao for anything. In his mind Tao was never to be blamed for anything it was everyone else who was in the wrong.   

“What makes you think I said something?” he said feigning innocence as if I would ever believe his bull like Kris does.

“Because I know you Tao and I know Suho, he wouldn’t have hit you for no reason.”

“There is never a reason for violence, or were you never taught that at the posh schools you went to” he smirked. How I wish I could wipe that arrogant look from his face, he annoyingly always has an answer for everything and nothing anyone says to him, no matter how harsh ever affects him.  He truly did not care at all what anyone thought of him which I slightly admired.  

“You could make a saint lose his patience” I replied, as God knows there were more than enough times I would have gladly beaten him to a pulp. The only reason I never did was because of Kris, as I know he would always take his side no matter what.

“I didn’t say anything bad, your friend is a psycho he just lost it over nothing.”

“You did it on purpose, you made him angry so he would do that in front of Kris.”

“How ridiculous” Tao laughed. “Why would I do that?”

“Who knows what goes on in your ed up brain?” I replied. “Maybe you were trying to eliminate the competition.”

“What competition? You think Kris would ever be interested in that ugly washed up thing.”

I always knew Suho had a soft spot for Kris, well everyone who has eyes could tell he liked him. That is everyone except for Kris. Kris has always been oblivious to such things, he could never see when someone genuinely liked and cared for him like Suho or when they were just using him like Tao.

Kris and I have been friends for years, we met in elementary and bonded over our mutual love for basketball. As the years went by we became inseparable, were one went the other would follow. Nothing ever came between us that is until the summer after our sophomore year in high school ended.

Everything was perfect for the first few weeks of summer break until things irreversibly changed. As I did on most days I went over to Kris’ home were we would usually spend the afternoon together playing video games and pigging out but on this occasion things were different. Kris didn’t seem like his usual cheery self, he said there was something important he wanted to tell me, something he feared would ruin our friendship. After a lot of coaxing, he finally came out and told me he was gay.

I was utterly shocked by his confession, we had been friends for almost a decade at the time yet I had never suspected a thing. He was always shy around girls and where as I had been dating since middle school, Kris never seemed interested. I tried to set him up on dates numerous times but he would never meet up with any of the girls I set him up with, unless I dragged him along with me on a double date. This should have raised a few red flags but at the time I just assumed he was shy.  

He had cried as he told me and I could tell how frightened he was that I would end our friendship. Of course I did no such thing, he has been my best friend since we were six years old and I always wanted us to still be friends even when we’re old and grey.

After his confession everything remained as it was, the only difference being that I no longer nagged him to go on dates. I had no problems with him being gay or at least that is what I convinced myself to believe.

At the start of Junior year Kris introduced me to his boyfriend Zico, a twenty years old DJ who looked like a douchebag. His only interests in life were listening to music and smoking pot, and I hated him instantly. They had already been going out for a few weeks when Kris introduced me to him, by this time Kris was already besotted and I knew that no matter what I said to him he would not listen to me.

Kris had come out to his parents at the same time he had told me, his father wasn’t very happy to find out his only son was gay but in time he got over his initial shock and learned to accept him. His mother on the other hand took it better than his father did or at least she pretended to take it better. She tried her best to take an interest in her son’s romantic life unlike his father who never wanted to hear of it. She even went so far as to arrange a date with the son of one of her friends, but even she could not accept Zico.

During winter break, l spent Christmas day with Kris and his family. Kris invited Zico over for Christmas dinner, he wanted his parents to meet him seeing as they had been dating for over two months. I knew his parents would not approve of him but said nothing, I was secretly hoping they would put an end to their relationship and I would finally get my friend back.

I know it sounds selfish but ever since Kris started seeing Zico I felt like I was being pushed to the side. He was always too busy spending time with him to spend time with me. At the time I wasn’t single either but I always tried to make time for Kris. Whenever I had a girlfriend I would always make sure we spent time together. We would go for a “boys night out” just the two of us spending quality time together, but ever since he started dating Zico he would bring him along with us.

His excuse being that since Zico was also a boy he could come along with us on our “boy’s night out” as he also enjoyed playing football or basketball, going for a drink, playing video games etc which was completely missing the point. We both had other male friends but we never invited them along because this was the time we were meant to spend on our own, but it turned from a time where I could enjoy myself and feel relaxed to a time where I felt uncomfortable and a third wheel.

Unsurprisingly Kris’ parents didn’t think very highly of Zico and his hippie ways which were four decades too old. Kris for the first time in his life was rebellious and didn’t listen to his parents and carried on seeing Zico even thou they both highly disapproved of him. Their relationship didn’t last and a little over a month later they broke up. Zico left Kris when his parents stopped giving him his allowance.

I did feel bad for Kris as he took the break up very badly but I was secretly happy to have my friend back. A few months later he got himself another boyfriend who I could not stand.  He was a straight A student, came from a good family and basically perfect. Kris’ family approved of him, even his dad accepted him and seemed to like him.

Suddenly I was being pushed to the side again as Kris was too busy to meet up with me and always had some excuse anytime I suggested we did something together. I decided to be the bigger person and even suggested he brought Joon with us whenever we met up, at least Joon was a semi decent person unlike Zico who was intolerable. This didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter