Baekhyun

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you have any plans for tonight?”

What does he mean by ‘plans’? Is he planning to ask me out? What should I say?

“No, not really, why?”

“My friend is throwing a party tonight and I was just wondering if you would like to join me?”

Oh my God, he really did ask me out. Should I say yes, or would I make it too obvious that I like him. Than should I say no. But why would I say no. I think I’m over thinking things.

“Y-yeah I-I’ll go with you”

Wow Baekhyun, of course he won’t realize that you like him because stuttering is the way how to respond coolly.

“Great! Is it good if I picked you up at about 10?”

“Y-yeah it’s good!”

Seriously! I stuttered again.

“Ok, see you tonight!”

What has just happened? Did he really just ask me out on a date? Or am I just dreaming?

-----

“How did it go?” I heard Kyungsoo say as I entered the room.

“Great, no not great, even better than great, he asked me out!” I excitedly replied.

“What?!...really…that’s great” he said in a disappointed tone.

“What am I going to wear?” I asked walking toward my wardrobe.

“Where is he taking you?” he asked.

“A party his friend is hosting” I answered rummaging through my wardrobe trying to find something to wear.

“Where’s the party?”

“I don’t know. What do you think if I wear this?” I asked showing him a pink shirt.

“You didn’t even bother asking where he’s taking you.” Kyungsoo asked angrily.

“No. Why are you looking at me like that?”

“You are such an idiot” he said shaking his head at me.

“Why? What did I do?”

“How can you be so trusting of someone you don’t even know?”

“But I do know him” I insisted.

“No, you don’t. You’re obsessed with him there’s a difference.”

“No, I am not.” I said feeling offended while he laughed at me.

 “Stop laughing at me.” I shouted getting angry.

Why is he acting like this? We’re supposed to be friends.

“Most normal people get over their high school crush, but not you.” he said seriously.  

I didn’t answer I knew he was right in his words.

_ _ _

4 years ago

“Were you looking at me?” I heard Hyunwoo say as he approached me in the school restroom.

“I’m talking to you gay boy” he said not allowing me to leave.

Please leave me alone.

“Were do you think you’re going?” he said forcefully shoving me against the bathroom stall. The door was unlocked and I ended up on the floor. Hyunwoo kicked me as I tried to get off the floor him and his friends laughing at me.

He repeatedly kicked me all over, calling me names, taunting me, laughing at me. I crawled into a ball on the bathroom floor, arms covering my face, tears streaming down my cheeks in pain.

This was a daily occurrence, no matter how hard I tried I could never avoid Hyunwoo and his minions, they always found me. They mad my life a misery, I always loved school but this all changed when I got a scholarship to attend St Edwards high school. From the first day of school last year Hyunwoo made it his mission to bully me.

 I was an easy target, friendless in a school were everyone came from rich families unlike the humble one I came from. All the scholarship students were picked on, none of the rich kids could bother giving them the time of day. But on the most part they were just ignored except for the occasion snidey remark, unlike myself.

Hyunwoo took pleasure in repeatedly humiliating me for a reason unknown to myself. Within the first week I wanted to quit and go back to attending a public school but my parents wouldn’t allow it. This school was one of the best high schools in the country only the filthy rich or super smart managed to attend. Attending such a prestigious school would guarantee entrance into a good college.

So I put up with the daily beatings and insults, my parents came to the school and met with the principle informing him of my ordeal. Hyunwoo and his friends were reprimanded for their actions and their parents were called to the school. I hoped they would be expelled but of course this did not happen, they got detention for a week and all was quickly forgotten.

Everything went back to how it was, nothing changed, and it only got worse. My parents thought that the situation had been dealt with and I never told them otherwise. There was no point in letting them know, they would still not allow me to quit and reporting to the principle would only make things worse. So I pretended everything was fine and continued to attend school.

I had no friends, all the scholarship students avoided me like the plague. Nobody wanted to associate themselves with me, fearing that if they did so they would also become the target of Hyunwoo’s wrath.

I hoped that my second year would be different, that Hyunwoo would forget about me and find a new target. On the first day back I quickly realised that Hyunwoo had not forgotten about me at all and I went back to my daily routine of fear, humiliation and pain.

“Don’t cry princess” he said grabbing my hair.

“Let’s wipe away those tears” he laughed pushing my head into the toilet bowl, repeatedly flushing.

I couldn’t breat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter