four

The Lovely Bride

Yoona came back to their dorm after clearing all her schedules for today and change her clothes from a formal to a chic dress before going to meet Seunghyun. After a lot of consideration, she finally decided that now is the right time to face each other again. That is why here she is, dolling herself before meeting him.

Since she left her home, she became a self-supporting, it’s not that hard supporting herself considering how much she makes at her profession. She live in the shared dorm with the girls at first but then eventually moved out because the girls kept bugging her, like asking questions why she came back from Japan wearing a wedding  dress that time that is why she asks her Leeteuk oppa for help. Lucky that time, Leeteuk just bought an apartment for his family so they can have a place to stay if ever they decide to visit him in Seoul, he tell her to live there for the mean time until she decide to move back at her dorm.

After a year of living at her sunbae’s apartment she moved back at SNSD dorm even Leeteuk tells her that it’s okay if she extend her stay there. Little did she know that staying at her oppa’s apartment will lead the man to develop a crush on her. Luckily that they already clear things between them.

She shakes her head after finding herself remembering those. She focused back her thoughts on Seunghyun. What will she do when she’s in front of him? What will she say? She got startled after the elevator stop at the floor of the building where she is going.

She was finally there. There was really no turning back now.

But why is she sweating so much? And why is it feels like something is drumming inside her chest? It’s just Seunghyun, her reason why she is here. The cheater. The man she hated so much. There is no reason for her to be intimidated. He’s the one who needs to be intimidated.

She approached the guy behind the reception desk when the guard downstairs told her where Seunghyun’s office is.

“Hello. I am looking for Mr. Choi Sunghyun,” she told the secretary using her overly sweet voice.

Saying that she is shock is an understatement. The guard downstairs asks her purpose for meeting their CEO but this one in front of her just told her to proceed on his office.

“He’s inside, Ma’am, follow this hall and it will lead you to his office,” he said.

She thinks that Seunghyun always has a female visitor that is why this man is used to it already. And good thing that she is wearing a mask. Ha! She doesn’t want to be label as one of his girls. Used to be one.  Shut up, her mind says.

She muttered a ‘thanks’ before walking her way to his office. Her confidence level is decreasing when she held the door knob of his office door and open it.

A big, spacious office is what greeted her. She doubt if there is any dust in here. The big logo design of this company is the only decoration hanging on his wall.

In the far right is a big couch, two single seats and a coffee table at the middle. At the middle of the office lies the executive table. In the back of it is where he is seated and doing something on his computer.

“Yes?” he says, trying to figure who she is. “Do I have an appointment to you, miss—“he waited for her to give him her name. He didn’t remember her. If she’s mad at him before going here now she hates him. Is seven years that long for him to forgot about her face already? While she, even how many years will past she will never mistake this man for someone else especially those hypnotic eyes he have!

How will he recognize you if you are wearing a mask? Her mind reminded.

With heavy steps, she roughly pulled her masks away and stride towards his desk. She stops in front of it. Finally, his eyes twinkled for recognition. But she cannot tell if he is feeling happy because hates is what his eyes showing her.

“Oh, it’s you,” he said in a bored tone.

“’Oh, it’s you’, is that only you can say?” she mimicked him with sarcastic tone. She doesn’t expect that he will become more mature looking, more handsome. If she remembered it correctly he is in his late twenties already.

He also has that serious look in him that says ‘he’s busy and doesn’t have time to play’. The way a real businessman supposed to be. Odd because his look right now is far from what she saw in pictures and videos. Yeah, it’s a given fact that they work in the same industry so it can’t avoid to see him on tv’s and magazines. Not to mention that her unnie’s like watching his movies and their mv’s. That’s why she can’t believe those photos until she saw him, he’s much taller and handsome in person! Oh my god!

“What do you want?” he said in a bored tone.

She sat in one of the seats placed in front of his desk, never taking away her eyes off him. “If you continue creating more trouble for me, you should expect me to show up in front of you sooner or later in this case, sooner,” she said.

“Do you want a drink?”

“Oh don’t bother. I did not come here to share a drink with you. I just dropped by to give you a warning.”

His right brow rose. His thick nicely shaped brows, just like the rest of his feature. He was so handsome that he will pass as a greek god. When she’s young, he can make her feel butterflies swarming in her stomach and her heart beats in an abnormal pace just seeing his handsome face. He has that power in him that can make her feel giddy by his mere presence. Too bad, only anger is the emotion that she feels left for him.

“What warning?” his question.

“For the pasts months, I’ve been losing those magazines hired me as their cover model just to repeatedly told that they change their minds and decided to used another model as the cover girl! If this thing happens again, you’ll see what you looking for. You do not know what I am capable of, Seunghyun.” Just saying his name never failed to make her puke.

He burrowed his brows. “Magazines, what are you talking about? And what has got to do with me you losing your jobs as those magazines’ cover girl?” he look utterly confused.

“Don’t play dumb with me. I know that it is you behind those head editor doing and telling them to switch me to your girlfriend. How dare you!”

He rose from his seat and waved his hands in the air, “Whoah! Wait, wait. Hold up! I do not know any of these that you are accusing -----.”

“Vogue, Elle and lastly Fab & Glam that under your company,” she cuts to what he is saying. It took him a while to come out with a conclusion.

“You’re their model?”

“Yes, I am. Their supposed-to-be cover girl! But you have to interfered and tell them to change model!” she can’t control her emotion now that she has to yell at him.

“But I didn’t know, Yoona. If I know that it was you---“

“Oh quit the acting, Seunghyun. Three projects are not accidents and don’t tell me that you didn’t know it was me. And you gave all those projects to one person only. Your girlfriend!” she points an accusatory finger to him. Her yelling at him didn’t stop.

The side of his lips form into a smirk. That annoyingly handsome smirk of his. “Where are you so mad at, Yoona? The fact that you lost the chance to be the cover girl of my magazine or the fact that you lost it to my girlfriend?” he moved his left middle and index finger up and down when mentioning the word ‘girlfriend’..

“None of the two,” she said with a straight face. “What I’m mad is at your motive.” He sat back down to his seat like he’s interested to what she has to say next.

“Oh, now I have a motive,” he said, eyes glinting with mischievousness. Like what she is telling is so entertaining to him. “And what is it, hmmm?”

She scoffed “I do not know to you but what I know though is that it has something to do with our past,” added her.

Their marriage was never announced publicly except those people belong on higher society circle and to their closes relatives. But because she ran away and moved out from her father’s house, the news of her being a ran away bride and getting kicked out from her own home circulate to the higher society. It’s good enough that those people gossip about her never states her name that’s why no one knew that it was her. However, the Choi’s didn’t manage to escape the questioning because unfortunately his father’s secretary told his girlfriend about the news of his boss son being dumped on the day of his wedding. Turned out that the girlfriend is a undercover paparazzi. The Choi’s used their influence to stop the news from spreading, paid the girlfriend and fired the secretary. That’s the only way Yoona can think of why seunghyun is doing this to her, by accidentally putting his family into shame.

He let out a laugh like what she said is so funny. When he had enough laughing, his face suddenly become serious.

“I have a motive a while ago. And now, you’re accusing me for not able to move on about the past? As if you’re deserving of thinking and staying here,” he points his head. “For your information, baby cake, if I have something that reminds me of you, I’m sure it’s an ugly one.”

“Why are you still calling me ‘baby cake’?” He was the only one who ever called and know that nickname. She mentally grimace when she remember the name of her huge bear lying in her bed at their dorm.

“Calling you ‘Yoona’ makes me think you’re not here. Your name is too feminine to you. You’re too simple, loud and tomboyish.” His voice almost become a whisper.

“Were,” she corrected and to imply that she changed. “And for your information also, I have a much more horrible memories of you.”

“Fine. Let’s leave it that way. Now, could you leave so that I can finish my works now?” he look into her eyes.

The way he look at her, why it feels like she has a mortal sin on him? Maybe, yes she’s the one who put his family into the talk of the town.  But if she hadn’t done those, she’s sure his family will be in much bigger scandal because of his affair with miss Han. Everyone will know that she backed out from the wedding because it was Miss Han he loved.

She got up. “Leave and get out of my business or I’ll create a scandal against you and your relationship,” she warn him.

“Are you threatening me, Yoona?”

“Yes!” she said with a firm voice.

His hands balled into a fist and gritted his teeth. “You’re one damned impossible woman. Yoona, for seven years I’ve….” Whatever he wants to tell he didn’t finish. “Never mind. Just leave.”

He get up from his seat and approached one of the file cabinets that in his office. He pulled open a drawer and took a file inside of it. He observed his back all the while. She can’t stop herself looking at his behind.

She was startled when he suddenly look behind him and caught her looking at him. “Why are you still here? I’ve asked to leave already didn’t i?” he snap at her. she notice that his hands are trembling.

Feeling embarrassed, she toughen her look. “No need to shout. I will leave even you didn’t tell me.” She turned around to leave him before she runs out of energy.

While leaving the building, her thoughts is in mess. Why he still has that effects on her? the way his looks on her also change. But the effects when their eyes meets is still the same……