three

The Lovely Bride

2015 (Present Time)

“Seo, I’m going,” Yoona told her dongsaeng, the only one who doesn’t have any schedule that day. She grabbed all the things she thinks she’s going to need and put it all inside her bag. Not forgetting to grab her phone.

“Okay, unnie ,take care.” The younger one of the two said without looking away from the television. Busy eyeing her favorite cartoon character.

“Yeah, you too, Seo.” She yelled from the door so Seohyun will be able to hear her answer. After done putting her shoes she went out of the dorm and head to elevator pushing the G button that will take her to the ground floor of the building. When she reach the ground floor of the building she call her manager.

“yeah, oppa, no need to drive me there.” There was a pause, giving time for the other one on the line to tell his words. “Okay, oppa. Don’t worry too much------“ after hearing the repeated “take care and be careful, call me when you are done” lines she finally hang up.

She’s going to attend a meeting. A couple of months ago while attending an event, she was approached by a woman stating herself as the chief editor of the Fab & Glam magazine. That magazine is known in korea for hiring international models, never once they release a magazine featuring a local south Korean artist or model before. She was asked if it’s okay to be the model for the cover page in their next issue. She agreed right away, who is she to pass a great opportunity not to mention that she will be the first ever Korean artist that will be feature in Fab & Glam as the main cover model. Her members envy her for that.




*****
“ Just tell to the model that you’re telling  me to report on my office on Monday, Mr. Choi.” Said Mrs. Kim to Seunghyun after their conversation in the latters office. Seunghyun called Mrs. Kim, asking if she’s free to meet him in his office, luckily that she didn’t let him down and the favor he asked her.

“Yes, Mrs. Kim.” Seunghyun stand up from his seat and offer his right hand to Mrs. Kim. He walked her until in front of his office door. “ Take care driving.”

“Yes, I will. I don’t want to die yet. I don’t want to widow my husband,” the woman joke. Seems like she remember something important that she suddenly slapped her forehead. “I forgot that I also have an another appointment.”

He chuckled. “Don’t forget our agreement, Mrs. Kim,” he reminded the woman about their conversations awhile ago.

“Don’t worry I won’t. you promised this will not create an issue,okay?”

“There won’t be an unnecessary issue that will rise Mrs. Kim.” He assured the woman.

Seunghyun went back to his desk when Mrs. Kim left his office. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and made a call. He put his legs on top of his office table while waiting someone to pick his call.

“Hello, noona?” he said when the call was answered. “The cover page is yours.”




*****

Yoona stands up from her seat when the person she’s been waiting finally arrived. She’s been seating in the waiting area outside of the office of Mrs. Kim. That’s where her secretary asks her to wait for her boss.

“Mrs. Kim,” Yoona greeted with a bow.

The woman eyed her for a seconds, trying to think why she is in her office. “do we have an appointment?” Mrs. Kim asks her.

She nodded. “You called for me.”

“Oh yes, yes. Come, let’s talk inside my office.”

They entered the office. Mrs. Kim went behind her desk. While she positions herself in the visitor’s chair in front of her desk. She went straight to the business at hand. She put her bag in the chair opposite her.

“Why’d you suddenly call for me, Mrs. Kim? Is there something wrong? Is this about the pictures? Do we need to re do the photo shoot again, Mrs. Kim?”

She looked at the woman in front of her. She saw that the woman is spacing out. Her instinct is telling her that it’s a bad sign. Seems like that is the reason why she’s not that enthusiastic when she attended this meeting.

Do we really need to re-do the photos again?

If it’s really the case this will be the fourth time she will the take the photo sessions. Again.

“Is there something wrong, Mrs. Kim?” she asked. Readying herself for the answer.

“There’s nothing wrong, Yoona-shi. There is no need to retake the photos again.” Mrs. Kim assured her. Yoona can’t help but to rose an eyebrow. If they are not going to re-do the photo shoots and nothing’s wrong with it why did Mrs. Kim ask for her presence in her office?

“Then why did you requested me for, Mrs. Kim?” she voiced out.

“It’s because, they recommend someone to be the cover girl of the next issue, Yoona-shi, and I can’t say no to him. I’m so sorry. CEO’s order.” Mrs. Kim explained.

Damn! Her mind cursed. She did not prepared herself for that. When she received a call asking her to meet Mrs. Kim all she thought is they going to ask her again to re-do the shoots or inform her that it’s a go already.

 “I already said yes, I meet him first before meeting you. I’m really sorry for taking and wasting your time, Yoona-shi.  “and do not worry, Yoona-shi, we will still pay you.”  Mrs. Kim added.

She force herself to smile. “it’s okay, Mrs. Kim. I fully understand the nature of this work. Like you said, CEO’s order it’s better to do what big bosses asked us to do and I can’t do nothing about it.” She said with a heavy heart. Even though she’s disappointed she cannot let her see it, she still needs to act professional. Really,  She just wasted her time.

“I’ll wait for the next release and see the one they decided to replaced me.” She mumbled.

“We still need to wait for the model next though, before we can start the photo sessions again.” Mrs. Kim suddenly spoke when she’s about to bid her goodbye.

“I thought this is urgent? Isn’t you only have two weeks before the release date for the next issue?”

“Yes, but because our boss recommend her I believe that we will be able to finish this before the deadline.”

“I see,” she made her eyes smaller. Whoever the boss recommend is, is he sure that the model he recommended will be able to finish the shoots before the deadline?  “Do you mind if I would ask for the name of the model that will replace me?”

“Of course not. Her name’s Park Bom-shi, I believe you know her since you two are both idols. I think they have something with our boss. She’s the one Mr. Choi recommended me.” She said smiling.

“Mr.Choi?” she feels like someone is drumming her chest. There’s many people who have Choi as their last name right? But why does she feels nervous? “Are you….. are you referring to Choi Seung Ho, Mrs. Kim?”

“oh no, I’m talking about his son, Choi Seunghyun. He’s an idol too like you. He’s famous as Bigbang’s TOP you know,” Mrs. Kim said with a hint of being proud in her voice. She even giggled like she’s talking about her crush. Duh! Seriously?  “People doesn’t know because boss does not want to make it public yet. And why, did you know his father?” The woman asked after throwing a fit of giggles. Eyes squinted at her, feeling suspicious.

Yoona blinked her eyes twice. Did she heard her right? Seunghyun is now the CEO? “ n-no, I mean I always see him in the news that’s why I know Mr. Choi’s Name.” she answered Mrs. Kim absent mindedly.

She didn’t think that Seunghyun is Park Bom’s backer. Of course she knows the said woman. Who wouldn’t, they’re famous like them. To be honest, this is not the first time someone backout from her. eveytime they told her that they had decided to changed the theme and model, she notice that they always replaced her with Park Bom! This is so much for coincidence because this will be the third time that happen to her. she heard that fans are shipping them as Topbom couple, she didn’t know that they are real. As in real! Now she knows that she’s Seunghyun girlfriend.

What about Ms. Han? Are they not together anymore? Well, she’s not shocked nor surprised if they broken up already. She do not care. What she’s boiling inside her is seems like Seunghyun is sabotaging her job and giving it to her girlfriend.

He’s doing it on purpose!

“I’ll go ahead first, Mrs. Kim,” she said in monotonous tone. She can’t get off seunghyun out her mind.
 

****



BLAAG!

The SNSD members jump out of their skins because of the loud thud of the door.  They are in the living room and planning to just laze around after completing their schedules of the day.

“Who was that?” Sunny said.

“oh, unnie, You’re back.” They heard the maknae said to someone. Out of them, the maknae is the only one who have the conscience to go look for the culprit who created the loud sound with their door. After a couple of seconds they saw Seohyun with Yoona in tow. So It’s Yoona. Seems like they are all thinking the same.

Yoona placed herself beside Sooyoung who turn her attention back to the tub of ice cream when she saw that it just Yoona. Yoona snatch the ice cream and Taeyeon’s spoon and start indulging herself. Like everytime she’s feeling upset, disappointed, pissed, mad and all those negative feelings people feel when they, well- feeling not good, only sweets will calm her down.

“Don’t talk or say a word to me please,” Yoona said when Sooyoung was about to throw a complaint after stealing the ice cream Jessica gave to her when she came to visit them. Yoona pulled the ice cream away when Sooyoung  attempted to scoop some when she noticed someone coming out from their kitchen.

“Unnie!” when did this person came?

“Hi.” The person said rather in a lazy tone.

“Why are you here, unnie?”

“Oh wow, I may not part of this band anymore , Yoona but I am still part of this family. So I still can come here whenever I want. And is this how you greet an unnie you haven’t seen for a long time, huh?.” Jessica told Yoona.

“no, I mean- aish!” Yoona cannot find the right words to tell her unnie  change her words to her.“How’s life being Ceo, unnie?”

Jessica gave her a sweet smile. “Great! I’m enjoying myself giving orders. I did not think that enslaving people will be this enjoying.” She said grinning while she situated herself in between Tiffany and Yuri. Ugh! Typical Jessica. They all thought. “But I missed you guys, so here I am.” After exchanging some stories and giving back the ice cream to Sooyoung, Yoona excused herself telling that she have to wash.

Yoona step out of the bathroom all dressed up and to see Jessica sitting in the middle of her bed. Sleeping. She let out a small laugh seeing her unnie in that position.

“you’re not suppose to laugh at a sleeping person, Yoona.” Said the sleeping person.

“And the sleeping person not suppose to know that she’s being laugh at unnie,” Yoona countered back. She sat down beside Jessica. They just sat there looking at each other in silence with a smile on both faces of the two girls until the older of the two stop smiling and change her expression in a serious one.

“Spill.” It’s just a single word but it’s making Yoona uneasy.

“What?” and she acts like she doesn’t know what Jessica’s saying.

The older gave the younger a glare. “The others may not know or choose to ignore it but I can tell that you have a problem, Yoona.  You know that you can tell me anything.”

She crinkled her nose while looking at the wall in front. “ I lost the chance being the first korean to be featured at the Fab & Glam magazine.” She said in a annoyed tone. “I already took the photo shoots and everything then suddenly they told me that they decided to use another model. Am I not worth to be feature on that magazine? It’s not like I’m patronizing my own but I know that I am a good model material.” She didn’t stop looking at the wall and talking.

“I know, the girls and you know yourself that you are good at modeling Yoona. If SMent. will agree I will make you one to exclusively model for my company,” Jessica said. She feels a little okay of what she said.

“Thanks, unnie. But you see, there’s more to the story. This is the third time someone backing out on me making me their model. It was manipulated. I mean, there is someone doing this on purpose just to piss me or whatever. And I do not know why he’s doing it. Oh, of course I know. He hates me. The thing is, he’s pissing me that is why he’s doing it and he’s successfully making me. It’s just hard not to be affected, unnie.” She turn her body to look at Jessica.

“Your career is on the line. I know how that feels,” she says in understanding tone. She pat her shoulder as if saying RELAX.

“Three consecutive magazines, Unnie! After that, it is always the same model gets the job. His girlfriend. The nerve!” she look her. “What do you think I should do?” Yoona said, asking for help.

“First, tell me who exactly this person is. He has a girlfriend so I’ll presume that he is a guy. But why he hates you?”

This time, Yoona  is contemplating whether she should tell her unnie the detail or not. She did not tell anybody That part of her life yet. It’s too personal to her.

“I can’t tell you.”

Seems like she understand her why she doesn’t want to tell her. “I’m not forcing you. But if you are asking for my advice, why not face and confront this guy?”

Her eyes went wide. “Talk to Seunghyun? No way!” she denied right away. Jessica frowned.

“Why not?” she said. Observing the younger. “As we both know, career and reputation is on the line here? What will the media and fans will say if they found out that you were rejected thrice, hmmn? If you guys had a misunderstanding, the best way to solve it is to talk. What are you afraid of?”

“it’s been seven years since the last I saw-“ she shook her head. “talk to him.” She continued.

“is there you’re afraid of, Yoona? Are you afraid of this person?” Jessica asks her.

She shook her head again, saying no. attention is fixed on the desk table. “ I did not do wrong to him. If there is, he’s the one who did wrong to me. He should be the one afraid of me.”

“there we go. Then talk to him. For the sake of your career.”

“she look back at her. she don’t know what to respond. But deep inside of her mind she knows Jessica has a point. She can’t keep this happening again. Seunghyun ignited the fuse. There is only two she needs to do. To put the fire off or declare a war between them. Either way, she still needs to face hm.

Question is: can she do this?

Backing out? It’s not you who did wrong, it’s him. If there is a person who has no face to show you, it will be Seunghyun. And you know it’s better to face him now before before he starts dragging the girls into this.

“okay, I think I can do just that,” she said afterwards and yawn. “I think I’m getting sleepy, unnie.”

“Me too. Goodnight, Yoona.”

“Night too. And unnie?”

“hmm?”                                                      

“Welcome back.” She said before letting herself drifting to dreamland. The older gave her forehead a kiss and left the younger to went back to her old room she’s sharing with Sooyoung.