two

The Lovely Bride

Yoona was shocked to what she just witness. She wanted to cry loudly but stop herself, she repeatedly saying herself not to cry like a mantra but it’s seem her tears has a mind on their own flowing in her face freely. She both put her hands over to muffle the sound of her crying. Her mind is busy trying to depend Seunghyun to herself despite to what she’s witnessing him doing.

It is normal to him to be seduced, he is a healthy man not to mention that she is still a teenager. Also, they are not married yet that is why she has no right to ask him for loyalty to her. Though they officially  got engage today that not gave her a reason to question him. Although she once accidentally overheard her father’s conversation he had with his parents about her wedding. Her father requested that if possible to postpone their wedding date until she turn 18.

(FLASHBACK)

               “I think we need to postpone the wedding.” Mr.Im inform the couple sitting side by side comfortably opposite of him. Seems like what he just told them gave shocked to the couple. Mrs. Choi who currently drinking her tea nearly spit it out that causes her to choke and started coughing. The husband beside the wife reacted fast to pat her back. He turn his attention to Mr. Im when he’s sure that his wife is okay already.

               “What do you mean by postpone?” Mr. Choi asked in an angry tone. “If you’re planning to cancelling the kids wed-“

               “Relax, Choi. I do not have a reason to cancel the wedding, you should know that.”  Mr. Im Kyung Jae assured him. “No matter what happens, I want this wedding to happen.” he continued.

               Mr. Choi Seung Ho, still in doubt looked intently at him. Kyung Jae meet his gaze, nodded and smiled. Seng Ho let out a deep sigh and said “ so what you’re trying to say?”.

               Kyung Jae took a sip of his tea first before he answer Seung Ho. “ As I said earlier I want to postpone the kids wedding. Instead of doing the wedding this year why not let them get married after my daughter turn 18?”, he explain to the Choi couple in front of him.

               “ But why? I know Yoona just turn 16 this year but I already think she’s ready to take the role of a wife.” Mrs. Choi’s word to Kyung Jae.

               “I know that,Hyun. But as you said, she is still sixteen.  I told her that she’s someone fiancée on her thirteenth birthday and if she get married at this age,” Kyung Jae let out a dramatic sigh. “ I want her to fully enjoy her youth. As you know, she is currently preparing for her debut and in a few months time your son will officially debut as an idol.”

               “ So in short , you want the both of them to debut first before getting married?.” Say Seung Ho.

               “You could say that.” He respond.

               “ Pardon my words, Kyung Jae but what really is your point saying of all these?” Hyun who is puzzled  to what really Kyung Jae wanted to say. The mentioned man gave a smile to the woman. “ I want my daughter , Yoona, to grow up first not. Of course, not in a physical way but -.” His words were cut short when Seung Ho let out a laugh.

               “ No further explanation needed Im. I understand your sentiments. Seriously, you should’ve  just told us that you are not ready to give Yoona to my son yet.” Seung Ho said to Kyung Jae in a teasing tone.

               Hyun smile. “ Come to think of it. I think Yoona is a little bit boyish, Im.” Yoona’s father laugh loud after hearing the latter’s comment.

               “Exactly what I really want to say, Hyun.”

               “That  means we need to make Yoona into a lady first?” Mr. Choi innocently said.

               The three of them continue exchanging   opinions about Yoona’s behavior , of how choding and heavy  eater she is.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

               Yoona shakes her head to stop herself remembering those things she heard at her father’s conversation w/ the choi’s. Yoona took a deep breath. It was okay, that woman may succeed to get her fiancée tonight , that is not a reason for her to get mad at him. In the end, she’s the one who he will marry when the time comes. Choi Seunghyun is still hers.

               She wiped her tears as she stand up and walked back to her room forgetting the real reason why she went out of her room.

2008

JAPAN

9 hours before the wedding

               Yoona was out trying to find her husband to be. After having their dinner with their respective family members, Seunghyun who is now also known as Bigbang TOP immediately excuse himself and went outside of the villa that his family owned.

               She was about to head to the garden when she caught a hushed voices coming from the pool area. Curiosity crept into her, she was about to poke her head out from where she is recognized one of the voices’ owner. How could she not, it belong to the man she is about to marry 9 hours from now.

With the help of the light coming from the other side of the pool made her see who is talking.

not her again” she protested in her mind.

Choi Seunghyun is talking at her father’s secretary again. “Noona, please.” She heard him say.

The woman say something but she did not manage to catch what it is. The two continue to talk without her really catching their conversation until she saw the woman smirked and Seunghyun pleading. Yoona tried to get nearer the two so she can hear them. She found herself behind the bush .

“You have my word Seunghyun . Now, can we kiss now?” Her eyes went wide and the idiot fiancée of hers happily obliged. Yoona can’t stand seeing the two of them kissing started to crawl awy from her hiding place and run straight to her assigned room.

After an hour of crying, Yoona decided to went outside to get a fresh air, she ended up in the balcony  facing the garden. She’s enjoying herself looking at the sky when someone decided to ruin her time to herself.

“What is the wife to be doing here at this hour?” The voice is husky. Suited to the owner of the voice, seductive looking. Short hair and has a D cup chest not like her who has a B cup. Maybe  that’s  the reason why Seunghyun kept playing with this woman behind her back.

“Leave me alone, Ms. Han.” She said in an annoyed tone without looking at her. No need to act nice to this woman.

“But I want to wish you good luck for your wedding tomorrow.”

Yoona is surprised. Why is she wishing her good luck, why not congratulate her? She turn around and to face her and found her smiling at her.

“ If I were you , Yoona-shi, I suggest you to wake up late tomorrow.” She smirked when she saw the younger girl confuse face. She was about to left when Yoona spoke.

“Who are you to suggest me that? As far as I remember, you’re my father personal assistant not mine. So why not go to him and remind him not to wake up late tomorrow?.” Yoona  said with gritted teeth, clearly annoyed to the  woman.

“Oh that. Sorry to inform you young miss but I’m not you’re father’s secretary anymore.” Miss Han left her right after she told those words to her.

 

8 hours later

Knock. Knock

               From the mirror, Yoona averted her eyes to the door and see her unnie walked in. She automatically smile when she saw her warm smile plastered on her lips.

               “Oh my God! You look beautiful,” her unnie dramatically said and wipe her imaginary tears of hers.

               “Stop it unnie.”

“What,” her sister asked. “ Complimenting you?” she nodded.

Their moment as sister got interrupted when the wedding coordinator came in. “Excuse me, but I a, can I talk to you for a minute?” the coordinator said, asking for her sister.

Yoona’s sister frowned but followed the coordinator outside. After 5 minutes her sister came back

“ What did she tell you unnie?” Yoona inquired.

“I think we need to delay the wedding for thirty minutes more, Yoona-ah.” Her unnie inform her. Yoona’s orehead crease when she heard her unnie say. “ but the guest are alredy her unnie.”

“Yes I know that but I –“

“Why.” She asked. She repeated her question when her sister avoided looking at her eyes. Finally after taking a deep breath her sister tell her the reason why. It’s because Seunghyun is still in the airport, he just arrive after he went back to korea last night because of emergency meeting.

“He’s on his way.”

“I know, you already told me that.” She said.

Yoona’s sister soften her voice. “I know your upset and-“ she didn’t not let her unnie finish her sentence. “ No need to explain more unnie, I understand. It’s okay.” She gave her sister a smile to convince her that it’s okay.

“Liar! Of course it is not okay. Of all the day, he really pick your wedding day to be late!” Her mind scolded her. Another knock disturb Yoona’s thought. It’s Seunghyun.

“Yoona.” He called her name.

“I’ll leave you two to talk but please be quick so we can start the ceremony now.”Her sister said before leaving them.

“Yoona” he call again.

“If I were you, I suggest you to wake up late tomorrow.” She  doesn’t know but after hearing her name called by Seunghyun  Ms. Han’s words came in to her mind. “ Is this what she meant last night?” she thought.

“I’m so sorry,” he begins. “ And Yoona…?” she look up to meet his gaze.

“Yes oppa?”

“Before we get married, I have something to to say to you.” He took both her hands and hold it. She nodded, saying him to continue.

“What is it?” she ask.

“I want to say sorry. For everything. For all those times I broke my promises to you,not attending your 18 birthday and not seeing you when you graduated. Believe it,  I can count all those promises and I don’t want to hurt you but damn it!” he took a breath. “You’re one special girl Yoona. Can you forgive me?”

If it’s what makes him conscience free, why not give him “yes” or “ I forgive you”. She nodded. Afraid that if she say any single word she might cry in front of him. She doesn’t want that to happen.

He smiled. “Thanks. I’ll see you inside,” he said and left.

She wanted to cry upon he left her alone in the room but stop herself. After everything happens today,her conversation today with Seunghyun, to what happen 2 years ago and last night she came to a decision. What she’s about to do today needs a lot of energy that ‘s why she doesn’t have time to spare to cry.

She compose herself and went outside of the room to start looking for her father. “Where are you going, Yoona? Your mother in law wants to see you before the wedding start. “Seems like she does not need to search for her father no more. “ She wants to apologize to you for seunghyun showing up late. Don’t show her any emotions or expressions that will tell that you’re upset. You should understand that you’re husband is , aside from being an idol he’s also working as an intern at their company so it’understandable if he came late today.”

“I doubt he went to attend meeting last night” she mentally scoffed.

“Can we talk first, dad?” she asked

Her father agreed even though he’s feeling weird to her daughter’s action. They were about to go back to the room Yoona left a couple of minutes ago when her unnie show up.

“What are you still doing here, Yoona? The wedding’s about to start.” Her unnie said in a hurry tone.

“Unnie, I’m glad you’re here. You should also here what I’m going to say to dad,” she closed her eyes and  took a deep breath. “it was now or never”. “Dad, I want you to call off the wedding.”

“What?!” “No way!” both her father and unnie reacted at the same time.

“You heard me right, dad. I don’t want to marry Seunghyun oppa anymore. Please tell the guest is cancelled.” It’sbetter to save herself now than later before everyone found out that her groom is already cheating on her. They are not married yet but he already capable of hurting. What makes her sure to that he’ll stop looking at another woman’s comfort when they are married? None.

It was now the time for her to stop blinding herself. She’s like a person who is waiting for destiny’s wake up call. And yet, not quite ready for the blow. Pride is the only thing left she can keep so why not do it? The moment people found out about their cancelled wedding for sure even her dignity will be taken away.

‘What are you saying Yoona?” her sister say. Horror is written on her face while her father is rage.

“As I said already, I want this wedding to stop.”

“Give me an acceptable reason why you want to put this family in shame, Yoona.”Kyung Jae said to his daughter.

“I love someone else and he proposed to me ,” Yoona said without blinking. That’s the only reason she can think of. “I said yes.”

Her sister gasped, mouth hung open.

“who is he?” her father asked. “forgive me oppa.”

“leeteuk oppa.”  She didn’t mean to say her oppa’s name but that name the first pop up in side her brain.

“Forget that man and his love and that stupid proposal of his. You’re going to marry Seunghyun today.” Mr. Im firmly said. She was about to say something when her raise his hand.

“Don’t say another word, Yoona. Your decision is not the law here. While you are my daughter and I am your father, what I want is what you have to obey. I am ordering you to forget that man. You’ll learn to love Seunghyun after you two get married.”

In his tone only one thing became clear to her. She’s just a doll to them. All his fathers’ wishes have to follow even it is related to her. But if she left, she can change it. Besides, she found out that people around her is suffocating her. She needs a space of her own.

For once, she wanted to be free and happy. If possible to have a place in her heart after this day….

The girls are in the dorm’s living room watching when they heard Sooyoung speak.

“I wonder where Yoona is right now.” Sooyoung said as she she looked one by one her co-members hoping that one of them know their visual is.

Yuri get up from lying on Taeyeon’s lap after hearing Sooyoung’s question. All girls turn their attention at the shikshin aside from the maknae who’s busy reading.

“yeah, it’s been three days since I saw. Everytime I enter our room it’s weird because there is no packs of chips scattered around her bed.” Yuri voice out her thoughts.

“I thought you guys know whereabouts?” Taeyeon asked the two tanned girls.

“what makes  you think that Yuri and I know where Yoona is?” Sooyoung aske back.

“it was because you three are always  with each other.” The leader explain.

“Taeyeon is right.” Tiffany said. “The dorm became extra quite since she’s not here.” Jessica scoffed. Tiffany shot her a glare.

“Yah!  Jessica did you just –“

“What?” Jessica cut tiffany’s sentence. “ Seriously, Tiffany, you should take this chance to sleep comfortably without you  being waking up by her annoying aegyo voice.” She advised.. “ I would do that if I were you.” She added.

“Oh , jess,  just admit that you miss her presence.” Tiffany said that caused Jessica to feel her face redden.

“I did not!” Jessica denied.

“Is that why you keep pestering your sister for video calls, Jessica?” Tiffany’s words to her.

“And how is that connected to yoona?” Jessica said in a lazy tone. Tiffany smile, showing her eyesmile to her.

“Because Krystal looks like Yoona.” She flips her hair. “And you’re always saying to Krystal that you need to see  her face so that you will not miss her. You’re missing Yoona.” Tiffany said in a matter of fact tone. Jessica who is feeling embarrassed being caught by Tiffany stands up. Her face that is alredy red became more redder.

“I did not!”

“Yes you are”

“Did not.” “You are.”

And the two continue to bicker in english.

Hyoyeon rolls her eyes. “Here we go again. Another alien talks.” She crawls toward the quite maknae.  “What are you reading?” Seohyun withdrew her attention at the bookand look at her unnie.

“Japan,” She said.

“Japan, cool title.” Hyoyeon commented.

“No, I mean Yoona unnie is in Japan unnie.” Seohyun explain.

“Japan? What is she doing there?.” Yuri sat next to the maknae.

“I don’t know unnie.” The maknae politely answer her unnie.

“Then how come you know that she’s in  Japan?” Taeyeon gave her a questioning look. Seohyun sigh, she wanted to go back reading her book already but being the polite maknae she is gave her answer to her unnie.

“I didn’t, unnie. I just happen to overheard her conversation to someone in her phone that she’s going to Japan. I think it’s our manager she’s talking to the phone at that time.”

“You should’ve told us this , Seohyun-ah.” Hyoyeon said. She’s about to apologize when someone scream.

“AAAAHHHH..” the two American girls stop bickering when a shorty run fast in the middle of them. All the girls looked at her curiosly. She plops down beside Sooyoung .

“What are you screaming, Sunny.” Sooyoung grab some chips in the bowl that sunny’s holding.

“speaking of Japan,” Sunny swallowed  first the chips. “My uncle told me to tell you guys that Yoona Will be in Japan for 16 days.”

“Is she there for vacation?” Taeyeon’s question makes the girls whine.

“That’s not fair.” Someone said.

“I think that is not the case Fany-ah.”

“Then what unnie?,” Seohyun decided to join the conversation.

“She was called there by her father. And according to what my uncle told me she also has a photo shoot there.” Sunny carefully explain .

“Okay, enough.” Sooyoung interrupted. “ Who’s hungry?” the tall girl grin.

“What is she doing standing there?”

What am I standing over here for?” Yoona began to question herself as another passerby throw a comment at her again. She don’t remember how long she’s standing  just outside of their dorm. After she left the venue their wedding supposed to be held went back to the villa , grabbed her passport and wallet and head straight to the airport.

Yoona sigh.she was about to ring the doorbell hen a boy holding boxes beats her to it. Delivery the boy said and eyed from head to toe. “Probably thinking how weird I am.”

“coming,” someone from the inside shouted.

Upon the door open, Yoona snatched the box from the boy and rushed inside. Sooyoung handed the money to the boy and immediately followed the weird looking girl wearing a long white dress.

*******


Pardon the mistakes and  the weird snsd part of the story. Too lazy to edit. enjoy!