Dangerous Situations

Blood and Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hoya, do you know what’s going on with the two customers by the window?” Sungjong whispered to his brother. Myungsoo’s attitude had flipped, he no longer exuded kindness and warmth but rather he was stone cold and defensive.

They were in the cafe's kitchen, Hoya glanced towards the front noticing how the cafe had cleared in a manner of a few seconds. He looked between the two overdressed men by the window and then at the two guarding the doorway. His eyebrow quirked, a sign that he was nervous, a sight that left Sungjong uneasy. 

“That’s Senator Kim, he represents Seoul and surrounding districts. Those two,” he motioned to the men by the door "are probably his bodyguards. I don’t know about the other guy at the table but it doesn’t look good. Clean up the empty tables towards the register, and I’ll be the one to service them if they need assistance. I’ve heard rumors about him being corrupt and abusing power…" He paused, clearly trying to make sense of the situation. "Since you aren’t feeling too well just stay towards the back of the cafe, okay?” Sungjong nodded his head in agreement.

The cafe was deserted aside from the four other men towards the front of the cafe. Myungsoo and Senator Kim were speaking in slow but hushed tones. The elder reached across the table and brought the glassstrawberry lemonade from Myungsoo’s drink. Sungjong noticed Myungsoo’s jaw clench at the sight. He put the drink down and pulled out a manila envelope from his pocket, slowly and deliberately, he slid it over to Myungsoo. The younger man merely glanced at the sheet before a hint of displeasure slipped through his facade. The conversation was turning sour from the looks of it.

The Senator was clearly a man of stature. The man exuded an aura that left the place cold, he was not someone not to be messed with. He looked so much like Myungsoo, handsome and rugged but something about his demeanor threw him off. Sungjong wondered how a man like him ended up on the outskirts of Seoul at a small family-run cafe. The bodyguards looked like statues, unmoving and unfeeling. Sungjong felt threatened by their presence. They were perfect accessories for a man like him, Sungjong could tell he was controlling and hungry for power.

Suddenly, childrens’ laughter came within earshot of the cafe. ! I forgot the Uhm twins come around this time, Sungjong quickly thought. The 6 year old Uhm twins’ parents were their parents first friends they made when moving to Seoul, the two also also helped the boys adjust to life without their parents. More often than not, the twins' mother and father would stop by with homemade kimchi and other side dishes, they would also invite them to to their home for dinner. The boys were deeply indebted to the twins parents and cared for the kids’ as if they were siblings. The current times were tough and the twins' father was 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter