Jealousy

The Little Things

 

 
One month later.  
 
The boys had just finished their Seoul concerts of their tour. Their next stop was Japan. They had just reached their hotel, exhausted and fatigued. It was a huge relief when they were able to relax for a couple hours. It felt like a weight had been lifted when they collapsed onto their beds. 
 
As always, Minho shared a room with Taemin, Jonghyun with Key, and Onew with their manager. Minho lied on his back on his bed while Taemin sat up and played games on his phone. Minho groaned. "I don't wanna rehearse at all. I just wanna sleep and relax."
 
"Ah, it's frustrating. I got a solo to prepare for."
 
"Isn't it what you've always wanted?"
 
"Of course I want it. But it's gonna be even more tiring than being with a group since I have to sing everything. Besides, I've lost a lot of weight from practicing so much."
 
"Really? I couldn't tell the difference."
 
"Haha. Very funny." Taemin replied sarcastically. 
 
"On the bright side, your time on We Got Married is gonna end soon. You'll have more free time."
 
"Right! I forgot about that. Thank GOD that's all finally over!"
 
Minho laughed at his reaction. "Was Naeun really that bad?"
 
"No. Naeun is actually really nice, but the whole show was scripted so it wasn't much fun. Can you believe they tried to make me look like a player??"
 
"Yea that show was a mess. I honestly feel bad for Naeun."
 
"Same. I can't believe they're seriously gonna have Key on there next season."
 
Minho froze. He'd forgotten about that. Key had declared publicly in the past - both before and while they were dating - that he had wanted to be on We Got Married. He did it while they were dating to avoid suspicion. But now he was actually gonna be on the show. If they were dating, it wouldn't have mattered because they both knew the show was fake. But Minho felt uneasy now that they were apart. 
 
"Yea. Crazy huh?"
 
Taemin paused his game and put his phone down. He turned toward Minho to resolve what has been bothering him for a while. "Hyung, I wanna ask you something."
 
Minho turned his head to face his dongsaeng. "What is it?"
 
"It's about Key..." Minho abruptly looked away from Taemin and back at the ceiling. "But before you two dated! I'm sorry. I get it's a touchy topic-"
 
"No, it's fine. You can ask. What is it?"
 
"I just wanted to know, how did you know you liked Key?"
 
Minho faced the maknae again with a raised eyebrow. "What?"
 
"I mean... how did you feel when you realized you liked him?"
 
Minho looked back at the ceiling. "When did I know I liked him..." He gave a side smile subconsciously when reminiscing his beloved ex. "I guess one day I just realized it. Up until then I thought about him a lot. I couldn't help but smile at everything he did. The way he laughed, the way he smiled, his fierceness when he danced, how adorable he was on variety shows..." Minho's thoughts trailed on to think of Kibum. He quickly stopped himself and looked back at Taemin. "That's the idea. Why do you ask?"
 
He seemed to panic. "Uh -uh, nothing. Just curious." Minho seemed skeptical for a second, but then he brushed it to the side. "Anyway what are you gonna do after the tour?"
 
"I wouldn't mind doing another drama if it'll help me improve my acting. A film wouldn't be so bad. I'm actually doing that medical drama I told you about. But mainly I wanna relax. Our company's not gonna give us another comeback for another year. I wanna just relax and do whatever I want."
 
"You never thought of going solo like me?"
 
"Taemin, performing and singing is more your thing. Acting is mine."
 
"What do you think the others are doing?"
 
"Jonghyun's doing his radio show. Onew's doing some drama, sitcom thing. Key's gonna have his duo then do musicals..." He stopped to think about Key again. He was gonna work with his friend Woohyun. He knew they would never date but still, the thought of them together did not settle nicely with him. 
 
"Onew's doing a drama?"
 
Again Taemin had taken him back to reality. "Yea. Something about falling in love with a female ghost or something."
 
"Female ghost..." Taemin repeated. Onew was gonna work with another girl. With a girl talking sweetly to him, trying to flirt with him, his arms, perhaps kissing him... Was he (Taemin) gonna be ok with that? 
 
 
 
 
In the room next door, Jonghyun and Key talked on Jonghyun's bed. 
 
"You must be very happy that you get to work with Woohyun, huh?"
 
Key was all smiles. "It's the best thing that's ever happened! I can't believe we can actually do this! We know each other so well and I can't believe we actually get to perform with him!"
 
Jonghyun couldn't hold back his smile. He was happy to see his dongsaeng do what he loved. "Aigoo look at you. Look at how happy you are."
 
"Why wouldn't I be happy?"
 
"It's just been a while since I've seen you like this. You know, with our schedules and stuff. And you're gonna be on We Got Married."
 
"Yea. I forgot about that." 
 
"You gonna be ok with that?"
 
"...Why wouldn't I be?"
 
"Key, I know how you feel about-" he moved his eyes toward the adjacent room. "him next door. I just wanna make sure you're alright."
 
Key smiled promisingly. "I'm fine, really. It's a scripted show anyway. I can act. It's not like we're gonna kiss anyway."
 
"Yea. Or if anything, they're gonna have you fish-kiss her or something. Just like what Minho's gonna do in his drama."
 
Key raised his eyebrows in alarm. "What drama?"
 
"You didn't know? Minho's gonna be in a medical drama. He's gonna have this love story on the side."
 
Key shook his head. "I didn't know."
 
Jonghyun realized he caused Key alarm. He squeezed the member's shoulder. "Don't worry about anything. In the end it's all just acting."
 
Key showed a small smile. "Just acting... right... just acting..." He nodded, trying to assure himself he has no reason to be jealous. 
 
 
 
To the other side of the maknaes' room was the room with Onew and the manager. Onew was trying to take a nap. He wanted nothing more than to sleep. Ever since his voice recovered from surgery he hasn't had proper rest. He worried that more practice would strain his voice all over again.
 
The manager hyung sat on the edge of his own bed. "Onew-ssi, are you gonna follow through with your enlistment?"
 
"I don't know, Hyung. It's just an idea for now."
 
"It seems too early to go now. And your members really need you."
 
Onew sighed. "I know, hyung. But I'm getting old. My members still have a long way. They're still young and energetic. Little by little I'm losing it. I think it'd be best if I go to the military and leave while I still can."
 
He had the idea in his head for a while. He felt lonely during his hospitalized state and began thinking Shinee didn't need him. He didn't need to lead them anymore. They were all grown men. They could all sing now. They were all branching out into their own separate paths. It was too depressing seeing that he was of no use to them. He felt perhaps leaving them to complete his two years of military service would put him to some use. 
 
 
 
Wow, i am on a roll here! Another update just a day later! AND i'm working on my other fanfic too! and i thought i was gonna gradually abandon this. go figure!
 
what I do know is this: I do not plan to make this some long novel like my other fic. I plan on making this short and sweet. Idk how many chapters that'd be but I'll estimate no more than 20. and idk if there's gonna be any so dont have your hopes up. 
 
other than that, be sure to upvote this, leave comments and share with other ppl u know! comments are always appreciated! :) and dont forget to show love for my other fic! (link in previous chapter)