We're Here Now

The Little Things
Warning: ahead. Read at your own discretion.
(FYI: I extended the previous chapter. read that before coming back to this one)

 

 
The kiss lasted only a few seconds. They pulled apart, but their lips were still within an inch of each other, even when they tried to rationalize the situation. 
 
"I-I'm so sorry... Minho... I-" Key whispered. 
 
"It's ok." Minho whispered back. "I didn't either..." He did not know how to finish his thought. Before they knew it, their lips were having their way again. 
 
This kiss lasted much longer. It was deeper and more sensual. Key wrapped his arms around Minho's neck, while Minho wrapped his around Key's lower back. 
 
Neither planned to disrupt this intimate moment. Without breaking contact, the two slowly and simultaneously leaned back onto the bed. Now Key was lying down on his back and Minho hovered above him. Key brushed his hands through the other's hair. Minho's lips slowly made their way to Key's neck, and then down the latter's lean body to his crotch. 
 
With one go, Minho easily stripped the other of his boxers. Within seconds, he engulfed Key. Key closed his eyes and breathed steadily. It had been a long time since he had been pleasured down there. Minho expertly swirled his tongue around the base of Key's and harder. 
 
Key moaned. "Ahhh...oh..." Minho released Key's and went back to plant kisses all over his neck. 
 
Key's hands went to the other's pants and ped them. "More, Minho. Don't stop." Key moaned. 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Yea." He nodded. He pushed Minho's pants and underwear as far down as he could. "Check my drawers."
 
Minho sat up and fully removed his bottoms. He searched the drawer beside Key's bed for the lube and coated his fingers and his . He promptly reverted his attention to Key and left hickeys along his neck while he inserted his fingers one by one into Key's hole. 
 
"Oh!" Key groaned. Minho rocked himself and Key up and down the bed as their crotches rubbed against each other. Their lips brushed against one another as they both moaned. Then slowly, Minho removed his fingers and entered Key. 
 
Key moaned louder. Minho pumped gently and steady. Key raised his tongue to Minho's and . Together they rediscovered the pleasurable sensation that they had long forgotten. Their tongues battled one another for dominance. Minho gradually increased his rhythm. The kisses became more sloppy as he accelerated. Key gripped Minho's messy hair as the latter pumped and their moans intensified. 
 
At last, Minho reached his , as did Key. With a few more pumps, Minho pulled out of Key. The two men stopped kissing and stared into each other's eyes, catching their breath, still breathing each other's air. Key's substance had spilled all over his shirt, so he pulled it off. Minho quickly followed suit and flung their shirts to the side. He slowly leaned down to kiss Key. 
 
"H-How you feelin'?" Minho whispered.
 
Key hugged him and closed his eyes. "A bit better, thanks to you." Unfortunately for the both of them, reality struck Key. He and Minho were not in a relationship. This was clearly a one time thing. There's no way Minho actually cared about him this way. He probably acted out of pity and wanted to comfort Key. 
 
Key got up from the bed, breaking from Minho's grasp, and searched for a new batch of clothes. "We should clean up." He turned back toward Minho, "Nobody has to know about this." He slipped on his boxers and searched through his drawers for fresh clothes. 
 
Last time this happened, Minho had obeyed Key's demand and kept quiet about his feelings. This time, he wasn't going to let that happen. "That's it?"
 
"What?"
 
"We're just going to forget this ever happened?"
 
As much as it pained Key to answer to this, he felt there was no other way. "What choice do we have?"
 
Minho sighed. How could Key be acting like this after they shared one of the most intimate moments of their lives? "So me coming here and us ing was some joke? You can just brush that off and forget it happened?!"
 
"No, it's not a joke. Look Minho, I get it. I screwed up. I let my emotions get the best of me and this happened and I'm sorry. I made a huge mistake. Can we just forget it ever happened and move on?"
 
Minho froze. "A mistake? A mistake!? You seriously think me coming here and us sleeping together was a mistake!?"
 
Key didn't know what to say. Minho was getting angry but he couldn't tell why. "Minho-"
 
"Am I really nothing to you? You would've done the exact same thing to anyone who walked into your room just now!?"
 
"Minho please my grandmother-"
 
"Forget about your grandmother! Look, I really am sorry for your loss and I send my condolences. I'm mad because after all we've been through you treat me like crap. You think you can just do that to me. You think that you can just me and then throw me to the side-"
 
"Minho... what are you trying to say?" Key still couldn't get it. 
 
Minho let out a frustrated sigh. "I LOVE YOU! I frickin' love you! Ok?" Key was frozen in shock. "I've always loved you. And here you are throwing me away like a piece of trash." His voice faltered. "Do I really not mean that much to you? That sleeping with me was such a terrible mistake? "
 
Key couldn't talk. He was speechless. Minho... loved, no, loves him? Even after all this time? This entire time Key was so afraid to face his own feelings for no reason. 
 
When Key didn't answer, Minho figured he had had enough. "Forget it. I'm wasting my breath."
 
He gathered his clothes and made his way out the door. Key finally responded. He followed Minho to the door. He had lost Minho once; he wasn't going to let that happen a second time. 
 
"Minho please don't go."
 
"Why? So you can take advantage of me again?" Key's heart shattered. "What's the point? I'm nothing to you. It'd be useless trying to get through to you." Minho faced the door and opened it. 
 
"Minho please don't leave me. MINHO!!! MIN-" The door slammed shut and he was gone. 
 
Key dropped to his knees and cried all over again. 
 
"Minho! I'm sorry!" He bawled between sobs. "I'm sorry Minho..." His tears surged like waterfalls from his eyes. "I love you too," he whispered. 
 
He felt like punching himself. Now he really had made a mistake. He let the love of his life get away. Minho was the person he needed most. He was the one who could help him get through his grandmother's death and could make him feel special every night and day. And he had that person in his own bedroom today and shared such an intimate moment with him. And after all that and the fact that that person loved him back, he let him go. 
 
 
Two days later. 
 
The funeral took place yesterday and Key spent the rest of the day grieving while meeting with relatives. Yesterday, his mind was focused on his grandmother; today, it was all about Minho. Key needed to tell him that he indeed loved him, that he made the mistake of not confessing his feelings first. 
 
Meanwhile, at the dorm, Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew were in the kitchen. Taemin and Onew were sitting together in matching shirts while Jonghyun sat across from them, trying to make sense of the situation. 
 
"So, remind me again how long this has been going on?"
 
"Two weeks." Onew replied, wrapping his arm around Taemin's neck. The latter snuggled closer to his hyung and rested his head on his shoulder. 
 
Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. "And this all started how?"
 
Taemin eagerly answered. "I liked him and we started dating."
 
Jonghyun skeptically nodded his head. "Ok then."
 
Taemin asked, "What, you don't believe us?"
 
The hyung shook his head. "No, I do. I'm glad foryou two. I just never expected this to happen." He nodded toward Minho, who was sitting on the couch in the living room, staring at the TV, not listening to anything his hyungs were saying. "How do you think he's gonna take it?"
 
"I say wait a bit and then we'll tell him." 
 
"And when will that be?"
 
Taemin thought. "I guess when we become more serious."
 
"Or when they catch us making out in the van." Onew remarked. The members burst out in laughter. reminiscing the day they opened the van door and discovered Key and Minho were dating. 
 
At that moment, Key came through the front door. He didn't see the other members in the kitchen; all he saw was the person he was looking for. 
 
He walked up to Minho, who refused to look at him. "How long are you gonna keep ignoring me?" Key started quietly. No reply. His lip quivered. "The funeral was yesterday."
 
He sat on the couch beside Minho. He decided to just come clean altogether. "Listen to me. I didn't kiss you because I didn't care. Or because I wanted attention or to take advantage of you or anything. i was lonely. I didn't have anyone to talk to when she passed, and then you came." He took a deep breath. "And because I missed you."
 
Minho finally looked at Key, in shock. "I-I-" Key took Minho's hands in his own and continued. "I missed us. I always loved you. A-And I thought that you'd want to forget what happened between us so I called it a mistake. I didn't want you to make me feel bad for what I did."
 
He wiped away a stray tear before continuing.
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt that way. What happened between us wasn't a mistake. My mistake was not being honest with my feelings and letting you go."
 
He tried to hold in his tears. "What happened to us, Kibum?" Minho said, speaking his first words to Key in two days. 
 
"I guess we drifted after we couldn't see each other. When you stopped texting me I thought that was because you got tired of me. And I guess all those misunderstandings ended us." He sighed and turned his gaze away from Minho. "What are we gonna do? What if people really do find out? I don't wanna lose you again."
 
For a moment, Minho didn't respond. His attention was focused on their hands, still intertwined. "We're together now aren't we?"
 
Key looked back at Minho. "Huh?"
 
"Sure we couldn't see each other for those months, but hey, that's life isn't it?" He paused. "I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I think we just let our schedules get between us."
 
Key released a few more tears. "I'm so sorry Minho."
 
"I'm sorry too." They hugged and Key wiped his tears on Minho's sweater. Minho pulled back and brought Key's lips to his. 
 
Taemin, Onew and Jonghyun were watching the scene from the kitchen. 
 
Taemin whispered to the other two hyungs. "Should I bring out the confetti?"
 
The hyungs silently chuckled. Onew ruffled the maknae's hair while Jonghyun replied, "Not yet. Wait a minute or two."
 
Back in the living room, the two men pulled apart from their kiss. "So," Key said. "What happens now?"
 
"You love me don't you?"
 
Key smiled. "I never stopped."
 
"That's all we have to remember. That we love each other. And if we can't see each other that's fine. Life will do that to us. But we should really text more."
 
"I agree." He hugged Minho and closed his eyes. "I'm just glad to have you back."
 
Out of nowhere they heard a popping sound. Pieces of confetti flew down onto them. The two turned to see a smiling Taemin. "Congratulations!" He greeted. 
 
"Yah!" Key exclaimed. "What was that for?! Did you spy on us?"
 
Onew came over and wrapped an arm around Taemin's waist. "Hello to you too, Key. Thanks for saying hi." He remarked with sarcasm in his voice. "It's about damn time you two get back together. And Minho," Onew his hand to his mouth and whispered to Minho, "Key has his own place now. Use it to your advantage."
 
Minho leaned back at the unexpected advice. "Thank, I guess." He turned his attention to Onew and Taemin's skinship. "Why are you two wearing the same shirt?"
 
Onew smirked. "Why do you think?"
 
Minho couldn't respond when Jonghyun remarked, "Finally I won't have to hear you two moping again."
 
Key rolled his eyes. "Seriously? That's why you're happy?"
 
"Come on, Key. We all know you two were miserable without each other."
 
Minho smiled confidently. "Well those days are over. What matters is that we're back together now." Key smiled and pecked his boyfriend's lips. "After all, it's the little moments we spend together that count, right?"
 
Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. "Now why does that sound so familiar..." He rubbed his chin and smiled. 
 
Minho winked. "I don't know what you're talking about... hyung..."
 
Just then, something caught Key's attention. "Ya Taemin-ah! Is that my hair gel!?"
 
"Uh... NO! I got my own hair gel. You got a problem!?"
 
"Taemin," Onew said, rubbing his shoulders. "don't talk to your hyung like that."
 
Key raised an eyebrow. "Say... you too are acting a bit weird..."
 
"What do you mean?" Onew panicked. "Uh... Taemin used mine. Jonghyun used your gel. And your comb too, that you left in the dorm."
 
"WHAT!?" 
 
"Hyung~!" Jonghyun complained. He quickly ran deeper into the dorm. 
 
"GET BACK HERE YOU SON OF A !!!" Key screamed and chased after his hyung.
 
 Taemin turned and smiled at Onew. "Thank you." Onew smiled back lovingly.
 
 
Minho leaned back on the couch. "So why are you two wearing the same shirt."
 
"You're not going after your boyfriend?" Taemin asked. 
 
"They'll settle down after a while."
 
"I don't know~" Onew sang. "Key's pretty picky when it comes to his hair products."
 
"So will you tell me or-"
 
"Look Minho, I'll tell you all about my boyfriend when you go and take care of yours."
 
"Your WHAT!?"
 
"I'll tell you later." Onew ran to find Jonghyun and Key.
 
Taemin gripped Minho's arm. "We should follow. Last time Key lost his cool we ended up with broken arms."
 
Minho chuckled before he and Taemin went to find the three hyungs. Yep. That was his Kim Kibum. And he sure was glad to have him back. 
 
 
Hi! that's the end guys. :/ Thanks to all of u for reading and upvoting! hope u enjoyed this story! and if u enjoyed this I'd appreciate it if you subscribed to my other fic if u haven't already http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/958794/a-new-kind-of-love-choiminho-key-kimkibum-minho-minkey-romance-shinee