The Aftermath

The Little Things
 
 
The sunlight lit up the dorm the next morning. It gleamed down on the sleeping members on the couch, as well as the two in the other room. 
 
Taemin was the first of the bunch to wake up. He stretched his body and put his hand to his aching head. What the Hell happened last night? How much alcohol did he drink? And furthermore, whose arm was wrapped around his neck...
 
He slowly turned behind him and came across the beautiful sleeping Onew. Nothing too weird - just two guys who got drunk and crashed in the same area. It was pretty common. Nothing suspicious came to mind until he looked down...
 
He (Taemin) himself was except for his boxers. But why? Why was he stripped down? Did he and Onew... perhaps... bone?
 
Taemin immediately shot up, breaking from Onew's strong grasp. How could he have ? With Onew? And if they did have why was Onew still fully clothed? Unless, Onew stripped Taemin....
No, that can't be it. Drunk or sober, Onew never got violent. He wasn't that kinda of person. That could only mean... Taemin initiated it!?
 
He rubbed his hands through his hair in frustration. He paced around the room. "Andwae... andwae... this can't be... andwae..." He muttered to himself. He couldn't believe it. He tried remembering how it all happened. What exactly went down last night?
 
At that moment, Onew yawned and simultaneously sat up. He rubbed his head and groaned. "Ahh, my head hurts." He stretched and shifted his gaze toward the maknae. "Oh you're awake? Why are you ?"
 
"Hyung," Taemin immediately sant next to Onew. "Do you remember what happened last night?"
 
"Last night?" Onew, still recovering from his headache, rubbed his head, trying to recall. "Not much really happened. We drank, Jong cried like always, Key whined, Minho sang really bad and that's that."
 
"So- so you don't remember anything else happening? You know... between you and me?"
 
Onew expressed confusion. "You and me? What do you mean?"
 
Taemin sighed. He had to tell him. "I... woke up... next to you. You had your arm around me."
 
Onew looked up in thought. "I guess I passed out and took you down with me."
 
"...What about my clothes?"
 
Onew glared at the maknae with disbelief. "Seriously Taemin, when do you ever have your clothes on after drinking?"
 
Taemin was silent after that. His hyung had a point. "Alright then. So now what?"
 
"Well we've got today to sober up cuz tomorrow we're gonna prep for our tour." he looked over toward their sleeping member Jonghyun, who's passed out on the floor in the corner. "So let's start with him."
 
Onew and Taemin walked over to their member when a thought suddenly strikes Taemin. "Where's Minho and Key?"
 
"Should be in one of the other rooms. Now come on. We gotta sober Jonghyun up." They each took one of his arms and wrapped it on their respective shoulders. They carried the sleeping member to the sofa.
 
 
 
 
In Minho's room, the two lovers were entangled in each other's embrace under the sheets. The light from outside shined on their sleepy faces. They were still in Dreamland. They were smiling. 
 
Minho woke up first. Before opening his eyes, he his back - temporarily breaking from the feline's arms - and did a full-body stretch. He'd had a peaceful sleep thanks to the alcohol. But he had such a painful headache. His hand brushed through his hair while his head mindlessly turned to his side, catching sight of Key in his bed. 
 
Minho immediately sat up in shock. What the Hell was Key doing here!? Minho peeped under the sheets and gasped. He and Key were both . And, their legs were still intertwined. What the Hell happened? Then, Minho noticed something on Key's stomach. It look something like dried up fluid. Oh ...
 
Minho quickly broke from Key and paced around the room. What to do? Just let it slide? If he left the room then and there would Key remember? How could he? He himself couldn't remember a thing. He looked down and decided that the first thing he should do is at least look for something to put on. He found his underwear at the foot of the bed and put it on. Now how to deal with Key...
 
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Minho, the feline awoke from his peaceful slumber. When he stretched, he realized the bed felt different. he blinked his eyes. He wasn't in his own bed. And this certainly wasn't his own room, which he figured out since the ceiling was different. However, the bed did feel... a bit... familiar. Little by little, he became more conscious, realizing that he was under Minho's sheets. To top it all off, he discovered something sticky on his stomach.
 
He gasped and quickly sat up. He didn't realize Minho was still in the room, and they made eye contact. It was silent. Neither of them could come up with something to say. They've slept together before, but only when they were a couple. And certainly never when they were drunk. Plus, they've seen each other before. Again, when they were a couple. 
 
Alas, Key broke the silence. "Minho..." that pulled Minho out of his trance. "my clothes..."
 
Neither of them felt comfortable being in front of the other now. Luckily for the both of them, Minho realized that. He looked around the room in search of his bathrobe. He found it on the dresser and tossed it to Key, who quickly put it on under the sheets. As much as he didn't want it, Key's gaze returned to the Minho. He couldn't help but admire his abs and biceps after such a long time. His body illuminated in the morning sun. Wait... sun? Key widened his eyes. Oh ! He thought to himself. The windows were open!
 
He rushed to the windows and shut the curtains. He panted, frightened that they might have been observed. Now the curtains were closed, and the room was dark. Key looked back at Minho. "Minho, what happened last night... whatever happened last night, didn't happen. Got that?"
 
He nodded, fully understanding what Key was saying. As sad as it made Minho, he knew it'd be best if they forgot. They couldn't risk anyone finding out their secret.
 
Just then, Key walked up to Minho. He grabbed his neck and kissed him heavily. Although partially shocked, Minho didn't hesitate to kiss back and hold Key's neck to deepen the kiss. Before it could get too serious, Key abruptly pulled his lips back. He whispered, "This didn't happen either."
 
Minho nodded and removed his hand from Key's neck. With that, Key released Minho's neck and gathered his clothes. Before leaving through the door, Key turned back to Minho. "Minho..."
 
"Yea?"
 
Key pointed to Minho's crotch and whispered, "That's my underwear."
 
Minho looked down and realized he was right. He grabbed for the waist line but Key added, "Keep it, just keep it. I just... thought you should know." With that, he left the room. 
 
 
 
 
For the next few days the Shinee members trained hard for their stage performances. As expected, they had little time to rest. Luckily, they were able to talk all throughout rehearsels on stage and in the dressing rooms. Despite their fights and issues here and there, at the end of they day, they were still a family. 
 
On one of those days Jonghyun entered the dressing room and came across a teary-eyed Kibum, staring at his reflection in the mirror. 
 
"Kibum-ah we gotta go back on stage soon."
 
Kibum didn't move a muscle. Jonghyun walked closer to him. "Kibum what's wrong?"
 
He finally acknowledged his hyung's presence and turned toward him in surprise. He faked a smile. "Eh? Oh... nothing's wrong, Hyung. I'm fine." He blinked rapidly to prevent any tears from flowing out. 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
Kibum's smile quickly dropped to a frown. He knew he couldn't hide anything from his hyung. Jonghyun inquired, "It's Minho isn't it?"
 
Kibum looked into Jonghyun's eyes with sadness, then looked away. He nodded slightly. Jonghyun wrapped his arm around Key's shoulders. "Tell me. What is it?"
 
Key sniffed. "I don't know. I- I just can't stand it. Being around him and not actually being with him. I don't know what he's thinking. It feels like he doesn't care for me anymore and I'm just watching him for afar..." A stray tear rolled down his cheek. 
 
Jonghyun caressed Kibum's cheek and wiped away his tear with his thumb. "You still love him, don't you?"
 
Key gave a small smile at the thought of Minho. "How could I not? I don't think I can love anyone other than Minho."
 
"Then why did you two breakup?"
 
Key looked at him in surprise. "I- I told you, because of our schedules-"
 
"No, Key. Tell me the real reason why you two broke up. Yes, your schedules conflicted for a time, but that was only for some months. You two see each other every day now and you still love him! So why did you two end it?" 
 
Key's lips quivered. He couldn't hide it. He knew he could tell his hyung anything. He took a deep breath before gathering his words. "It's true. Our schedules conflicted for a while. And the media was hounding us. We couldn't see each other for a few months. All we could do was text. And that's what we did, initially. We expressed our love and support through texts. Then, one day, we just didn't text each other." His eyes started watering. "A- And altogether, we just stopped texting because we were so busy. Then after our schedules became less hectic it was so awkward seeing each other again. We just stopped talking and... I tried hugging and kissing him but he shied away. And we stopped... loving. Or rather, showing our love. And we decided to split." 
 
Tears started rolling down from the rapper's eyes. Jonghyun pulled him into a caring hug. "It's ok, Kibummie. You can let it all out." He continued to comfort the rapper as he bawled. 
 
Just then, the cordi-noona entered the dressing room. "Jonghyun-ssi, you are expected out on stage in 5 minutes."
 
"Ok. I'll be there then." The noona left, but Jonghyun didn't leave Key's side. 
 
 
 
Elsewhere, Taemin was practicing for his solo stage. He couldn't stop wondering why he was so flustered the night after they got drunk. But he put those feelings aside to focus on his stage as well as his upcoming solo debut.
 
Still, the thoughts never left. Onew was nothing more than his Hyung and leader. He acted weird when he thought he had slept with Onew... why? What would it have been like if he actually slept with him....
 
What!? What thoughts was he thinking? How did those come to mind? He brushed it aside. At that moment, he spotted Jonghyun walking out of the dressing room with his arm wrapped around Key. Taemin knew better than to worry since Jonghyun's got the hots for the actress Shin Sekyung. Key looked like he had just cried. Taemin sighed. It must have been about Minho. 
 
Speaking of Minho, where was he? He looked around. He didn't find Minho, but you who he did find?
 
His hyung Onew. Talking with one of the cordi noonas. What the hell were they talking about? Why was she giggling so much? Why was Onew laughing so much? 
 
"Taemin-ah, what are you looking at?" Taemin snapped out of his trance and turned toward the source of the voice. It was Minho. Taemin realized he had been staring at Onew. 
 
"Oh... nothing. I was just lost in my thoughts."
 
"They're calling for you. You gotta go rehearse for your solo on stage."
 
Taemin nodded and went to the stage. He averted his thoughts from Onew. He figured it was nothing out of the ordinary, what he was wondering back there. He believed it was just him being curious of his conversation with the noona. He set his focus away from Onew. For now. 
 
 
Ok so I already had the first half of this chapter written (up until the Minkey kiss) but I couldnt think of any plot after that, which is why I posted that update. Literally 1 day after I posted that I came up with the rest of the chapter and had a better idea for the rest of the story. weird huh? 
 
so maybe I will work on this story now? if this gets enough love and requests I'll keep going. ;)
 
and I'd appreciate it if u showed love for my other Fic: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/958794/a-new-kind-of-love-choiminho-key-kimkibum-minho-minkey-romance-shinee