A Night for Drinking Pt. 1

The Little Things

One  year later

 

"Ah I'm so tired." Taemin complained as he leaned back on the couch. The members had just these next two days to rest before they embarked on their first world tour.

Onew came from the kitchen with a bowl of cut-up fruits and sat down next to Taemin. "I know, Taemin. We all are. If you think this is bad, wait til we start practicing for the tour."

Taemin inched closer to his beloved hyung. "Oh man. This is gonna be hella stressful. Remember what happened with you? You had surgery, Hyung! You couldn't sing, let alone talk, for weeks!"

Onew looked away from Taemin and off into the distance. He did not like recalling that time. That period where he couldn't talk or sing. All he could do was sit at home and eat. He couldn't be with s in performances and couldn't express his love and support for them, couldn't sing to cope with depression, couldn't talk it out with his mother. It was a depressing time for him.

Taemin seemed to notice how uneasy Onew looked, because he wrapped his arm around the leader's shoulders. "I'm sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean to remind you. It's just, we all know how sensitive you are, and your absence was stressful for all of us. It just didn't feel the same performing without you. I was so worried that something would happen and you'd never sing again. Or worse, we'd never see you again..."

Onew cast a promising hand on the maknae's knee. "Hey, don't think those thoughts." The leader scolded with a soft tone. "I'm thankful that you cared and worried about me so much, but you should focus on yourself. And be grateful that I'm here now, and that's all that matters."

Reassured, Taemin pulled Onew into a friendly hug. Jonghyun, Key, and Minho entered the living room with a case of beers, some bottles of soju, shot glasses and some squid. The two members on the couch looked up. While Taemin's face lit up, Onew's expressed confusion. "What's all this for?"

Jonghyun answered, "Today is the last day that we'll be able to rest. There's no guarantee we'll be able to later on. So, why not celebrate while we still can?"

Minho added, "And if we get massive hangovers, we'll have all day tomorrow to recover." Everyone laughed. They all sat down on the floor in a circle, while Minho went to his room to change into fresh clothes. Key went to the kitchen to prepare dinner to help with the alcohol.

The three remaining members whispered to each other. Taemin asked, "Do you think Key and Minho Hyung wil ever get back together?"

Key and Minho had briefly dated when the group had started promoting in Japan. Due to their busy schedules and media exposure, they decided that it would not be best to pursue a relationship, since the public did not take favorably to idols dating. Only the Shinee members knew of their relaionship.

Ever since they broke up, the two 91-liners had still gotten along well. They still joked around and had laughs with each other - they even went to London together as part of a reality show! (they staged it such that it seemed like a coincidence) - but deep down, they were lonely without the other. The remaining 3 members could often tell by the way the 91-liners acted that they missed each other.

To answer Taemin, Onew sighed, "They still clearly care for one another, but I think they're afraid that they'll have to break it off again. I don't think they'll get back together. At least, officially."

Jonghyun added, "Plus, they don't talk much about their feelings to each other. Maybe they want to get back together but don't think the other feels the same way." he sighed. "I can't stand seeing them lonely like this."

Taemin nodded in agreement. "Same. I remember how happy they were as a couple. Kinda cheesy at times, but still, they were happy." Now he hopelessly sighed. "Will they ever be like that again?"

Onew tried to answer with hope, "Perhaps in the future, when we retire as idols and settle down, they will settle with each other." Until then, they could only hope.

Minho and Key returned to the group at the same time. Key brought with him a steaming pot of kimchi jjigae. Before the hungry members dived him, Key gave an announcement. "Members, we've gone through hard times in the past 6 years. It's about damn time we earn a break. A night for wrecklessness. So cherish tonight's meal and drinks because we probably won't get another night like this for a while."

Taemin groaned. He just wanted to start drinking already. "Yea Key we know. Can we just skip to the shots already?"

The fiery Key shot him the death stare. "YAH! Why do you keep talking informally to your hyung?!"

Minho ruffled Key's hair. "Aigoo, our Key's just tired. Don't worry, we'll all cherish tonight, especially this wonderful jjigae you made." Key smiled and blushed slightly. Minho always knew exactly what to say to satisfy him. "Isn't that right guys?"

The members nodded in agreement and dug into the stew. They finished it quickly and pour soju into their shotglasses. Jonghyun raised his glass first. "A toast to our hard work. To Shinee!"

"To SHINee!" the members repeated as they raised their glasses. They all clinked shot glasses before chugging them down bottoms-up.

So I started this literally 2 days ago and already it's got 100 views and 4 subscribers!?!? WHAT!? lol thanks! dont forget to leave comments, upvote, subscribe and all! also please show love for my other fic http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/958794 I will update as soon as I can. Thanks again!