Home

Blinded

"She seems to be in a stable condition now. So you can bring her back home. But she should come back for monthly check ups." Ah and I wake up to someone's voice. The man is talking so loud. "Okay, I'll make sure she does. Thank you doctor for all your hard work." Onew's voice, the distict voice that I will always remember. I pushed myself up from my bed and bowed towards the voices although I'm not sure where they're standing. "Oh, Chloe your up? The doctor said that you should come for monthly chekc ups okay?" said Onew brightly. I nodded with a smile. "Chloe you should be okay now. I've given Onew the card which will bring you to the centre that will help you cope with your new life." said the doctor. My new life. I don't see colours anymore except one. Black. "Thank you doctor." I said as I bowed again. Then I felt Onew sit onto the side of my bed. "So what do you feel like doing today? We should go celebrate, okay?" he told me brightly. I merely nodded in agreement. "Hang on. I have something I want to do urgently." I told him. "Okay, so what is this urgent thing you want to do?" he asked me curiously.

"I want you to describe what you look like. I'm.. Er.. Not really sure.." I answered him shly. He chuckled at my sudden request. Suddenly he took my hands and brought them to his head. "Here, this might help you." Onew told me with a smile. My hands were place on top of his head and they slowly came down. His eyebrows, eyes, nose, ear, lips, chin. I traced all of them, giggling everything I traced them. "What's so funny?" he asked me. "Nothing." I answered still giggling. He cupped his hands around my face, "Tell me." "Really its nothing." I answered. "Tell meee..." he answered stubornly. "Fine. Fine. You're whinning like a kid shesh..." I told him in an annoyed tone. But I wasnt actually, just fooling around and I didn't mind his whinning either. "I was just thinking that I feel like a kid again. The world seems so new now, I practically have to learn everything again." I told Onew. "Ah, so that's why you were laughing. I see."  he told me as he sat closer to me and brought me closer to him. "Let's check you out first. Then we can go home okay?" I nodded happily. 

"Ta-da. We're home." Onew told me as he brought my hand to the door knob, letting me recongise the new object. He held my hand as slowly guided me into the house. Onew brought me to a couch to sit while he brought in my smal but heavy lugguage to the room upstairs.. "Finished with your packing. I'll show you around now. How about that?" he asked me. I nodded as he lifted me up by the shoulders and slowly brought me around the house. 

I always had my hand infront of me. Onew took it and placed it on every object, telling me what it was. Although it will take time for me to adapt, i'll definitely get it someday. This exercise of recongising items took hours. Amazingly Onew did not seeme irritated or frustrated. I really owe him my gradtitue for it. I really don't know what I would do without him. Everywhere I went, Onew had to follow me or guide me. I felt like a burden. 

"Come on, its 6:30 already. Sit down at the table and I'll make dinner for us." Onew told me as he lead me to the dinning table. When I sat down, I thought about what I could do to help myself learn what was what faster. So in conclusion, I slowly moved my hands around. First I felt the table that was covered with a smooth table cloth. Then my hands found what seemed to feel like a bowl. I picked up with my hands and slowly traced its shape. *Crack* The next thing I knew I had dropped the bowl on the floor. Frantically, I bent down to try to pick the pieces up. As I tried to pick up the broken bowl, its sharp edges cut my finger. I cried out in pain, as this was a new feeling that I was experiencing. When Onew heard the bowl smash on the ground, I heard him gasp. His footsteps seemed to quicken as he seemed to be coming close to me. 

"Are you okay?" Onew asked me worriedly. I nodded, although I felt horrible for causing trouble for him. After he picked up the broken bowl, Onew seemed to have noticed the cut on my hand because he quickly grabbed it. "What happened? How did you get yourself cut?" he asked. I explained to him what had happened with my head bowed down facing the ground. "Tsk. Tsk. Be careful next time okay?" he told me. "Onew?" I called him. "Hmmm..?" answered Onew as he came back with what he told me was the first aid kit. "I'm sorry for being a burden to you. I'm just causing more trouble for you." I told him solemnly. He just finished bandaging up my finger. Then he cupped my face in his hands, " Don't worry about it. You're not a burden to me. I promise. This is a promise that I made to your parents remember?" "So this was charity work?" I thought as he told me this. 

Then he kissed my lips gently. I was so shocked with the sudden peck. "If you think this is charity work, well it isn't. I love you and that's why I'm doing this." he told me, his hands still cupping my face. I nodded. "Now stay still okay and don't move." Onew told me as his footsteps became softer and softer. Suddenly there was silence. I heard no noise and I didn't know my surroundings. I felt insecure and scared. The same feeling I felt when I first woke up in the hospital, before Onew came to comfort and protect me. 

My head kept on whipping back and forth. I started to feel a creeping force, which scared me. Soon, I could not take the feeling anymore. I screamed and tears fell down my cheeks. Then next thing I knew, Onew's arms were around me, comforting me. "Shhh. Shhh. It's okay. I'm here now." he told me my head as I continued to cry into his chest. We stayed in that position for a while. "Give me one minute. I'll comeback in no time. I just need to get the dishes." Onew told me as he gently pushed me back. "Okay." 

Dinnner was a bit easier to cope with. Thank goodness I was still able to figure out where my mouth was. Dinner was when Onew told me about what we did when we were kids. He practically was telling me my whole life story. Not his, but mine. 

After dinner, he brought the dirty plates in one hand and the other hand held me, leading me to the kitchen and the sink. Onew told me since I was afraid, that I could sit in the kitchen as he washed the dishes. So as he washed them, I admired the sound of the running water. Although it sounded rushed, in a way it also sounded elegant and united. 

After dinner, Onew led me to my bed room. Just as he helped me to open the door, I asked, "Do you think I can sleep with you?" I felt my cheeks become hotter. Onew chuckled lightly. He didn't seem surprised at the sudden request. Without hesitation, he agreed. 

Showering seemed to be a majore problem too. But thankfully I was able to over come it, with out Onew's help. Can you imaging how weird and akward it woudl be?

As the breeze became cooler, I guess the sun would've setted or is setting. Onew led me to the bed where he helped me get it and tuck me in. This bed was so much more comfortable than the one in the hospital. I bounced around a little. I smiled as I found the springs in the bed fun to bounce on. Onew gave a slight laugh and I shot his a cold face. He laughed even more. I felt him sit down on the other side of the bed. He slowly tucked himself him. I felt him turn his body to face me. I could feel his breath brushing against my hair that seemed to be covering my face. Using the back of his hand, Onew tucked a strand behind my ear.

"Sleep well tonight, it's your first night home." he told me with a smile in his voice. I heard him turn the switch off and slowly crawl back into the bed, his back facing me. I shifted my body so that I was closer to him and then I wrapped my arms around him. Onew shifted his body too so that he was now facing me, my head rested on his chest. "Thank you for everything. Thank you for caring and protecting me. And thank you for your kindness and love." I whispered to him as I wondered if he even heard me. "Your welcome." he answered. Oh, wow. He heard me. 

He wrapped his arms around me and I cuddled closer to him. He pulled my head closer to his chest. "Shall I sing you a lullaby?" Onew asked me suddenly. "Sure, why not?" I answered him with a smile, my face still burried in his chest. He started to sing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2EQ9GmjSLY) Hearing the lyrics, I teared up. Onew continued to my hair as he sang the song. So after, I fell asleep. But I felt Onew kiss my head once the song was finished, his arms strill wrapped around me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPER LONG CHAPTER! OH MY GOSH! (:

Onew and Chloe as progressing really fast:/ Sorry): What do you think they should do in the next chapter? 

I was think that she would have to go to the rehab centre so that she'll learn how to cope. YES? NO?

Please do comment and please promote my story too if you like it (: <3