Tragedy

Blinded

I wish everything that just happened was a dream. 

BEEP~ BEEP~ BEEP~

Slowly, the beeps became clearer and clearer. There's a funny smell that is lingering around me. Disinfectent? I tried pushed myself up but landed back down to the surface that I was lying down on. The surface was squisy and soft. Ah, I might be in bed now. I stretched my arms just like I would do on any other plain old day. I tried to rub my eyes but some kind of cloth was wrapped around my head. After I found the start of the cloth, I slowly unraveled it and tried to open my eyes. However when I opened my eyes, I saw nothing except a large space of black. I could not see anything or anyone. I could not see the bed that I was lying on. Where am I?

Then I paniced. I started waving my hand where I thought my face would be. But I saw nothing. I hurriedly tried to feel for object that would trigger my memory. There was a hard plastic railing that seemed to have surrounded the bed that I was in. Franticly I waved my hands everywhere trying to find out where I was. Then I hit something hard. THUCK. I cried out in pain and held my hand near to me as tears started running down my cheeks. I was scared. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps that quickly entered the room. Not one pair of feet but many. Without thinking, I rolled myself into a ball. I couldn't see anything or anyone, I didn't know where I was and I hardly remember anything. I felt the footstep stop at the foot of my bed and words were being scribbled onto  a piece of paper. "She took out her bandage herself. We'll probably have to put on a new one." said a voice. A pair of footsteps came closer to me. "GET AWAY FROM ME! GO AWAY! GO!" I yelled as I started to punch the area that the footsteps seemed to originate from. My fist landed onto a fleshy surface. But the person did not budge, instead its arms engulfed me and hugged me tightly. This made me panic even more. "It's okay Chloe. Your okay. It's okay." said the person that held me, it seeme do be a male voice. This voice seemed familiar but I can't trust anything right now. I continued to fight his firm hold but nothng changed. I screamed and shouted louder, crying for help. I began to cry even harder. "Hurry, give it to her." said the first voice. Give me what?! "NO! NO!" I yelled louder this time. Then out of a sudden I knocked out. 

My head hurted. I sat up and shift myself as I held my head and tried to remember what happend. I felt and smelt the new bandage that replaced the bandage that I personally took out. "You shoudn't take it off." There, this voice again, I've heard it before but I just don't know where and when. I turned my head trying to find where the voice came from. "I'm right here. Don't you remember me?" I can't see a thing. Then he put his hand on my shoulder. When he placed his hand,  I jumped. I was shivering. He my shoulder as I let my hands feel his hand as they were my new 'eyes'. He let out a breath. He didnt' seem to mind my touching his hand. "Who are you? Do I know you?" I asked curiously. Somehow I know his voice but I don't remember his face. "Don't you remember me? I'm Onew. I grew up with you. Ju..Jus..Just last week you said you loved me. Don't you remember?" said the voice solemnly. Onew.. Onew.. Sounds familar. "I.. I.. kissed you a few days ago. Just as I sent you into your house. Just before you and your parent met a car accident." Somehow I could've imagined Onew staring at the ground. "I'm sorry. I'm trying my best. I really can't remember. But you said my parents and I were in a car accidnet?" I asked him puzzled. "Yeah." "So where are my parents?" There was a silence. "Chloe. Your parents.. They.. did not survive the car accident."

"What?! What do you mean they didn't survive. I survived so they should've too!" I said in disbelief. Tear started to form again in my eyes. I could cry but i could see anything. Onew sat on the bed beside me and wiped my tears with the back of his hand. "I'm sorry Chloe. But I have something to tell you." Onew said as he found my hand and held them tightly. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. I'll always protect you. That was my promise to your parents." I sat there unwilling to accept the truth. My parents are dead. I'm the only survivor. I found Onew's chest and buried my face in it as I cried again. He my hair and whispered in my ear, "I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." 

After crying yet again, I pushed Onew lightly and held his shoulders and adjusted my position so that I was sitting cross legged. I trust Onew now. I remember everything that happened in the past, everything but how he looked like. "Then let me ask you one more question." I told him. "Am.. Am I.. Am I blind now?" I asked as I tilted my head to the ground. Onew took my hands again and squeezed them. "Yes. You are." he told me as a tear drop landed on my hand. Then I realised that he was crying. I, on the other hand still couldn't believe my bad fortune. I took his head and brought to my lap, so that he was lying donw, and his head. I'm comforting him now? "Don't worry, we'll go through this together right? Just like we've been doing so far right?" Onew nodded. I sat there with Onew lying down on my lap, both of us crying. 

After a while, I felt arms put me into bed and tucked a blanket. Where's Onew?.. I managed to grab the person's hand. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here. Don't worry." Onew said as he my head with one hand while his other hand was holding my hand. He sat down and started to hum what shounded like a lullaby. I slowly started to doze off with Onew's hand still intertwined with mine. 

"Chloe?.." said Onew when he suddenly stopped humming. "Hmmm?" I answered half asleep. "I love you." he told me. I happily smiled and held his hand closer to my body. I could feel Onew smile too as he continued to hum his lullaby. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello(: Hopefully you liked this chapter! Please do post comments so that I can improve on it(: Don't forget to subscribe to my story please (: