No More Nightmares, I promise

Blinded

 

~Chloe’s POV~

 

I sat in the car as Onew drove smoothly down the highway. I wrung my hands anxiously as my head was bent down looking at them go round and round helplessly. There was a tingling feeling at the bottom of my stomach that seemed to be growing by the minute. I guess you could call it butterflies but I was really hoping it wasn’t. “Arh. Was it getting hot in here?” I thought to myself. I unconsciously turned my head slightly to the left to sneak a peak at him. He sat upright in the driver’s seat.  As soon as my eyes found their destination, I saw his own pair of sparkling eyes glancing at me as a playful smirk was printed on his face. I stared into his eyes, mesmerized but finally turned away, feeling my cheeks turn bright pink, when I realized what was happening. Onew let out a laugh when he saw the sudden color change in my cheeks. “Just concentrate on driving okay.” I told him as I slapped his shoulder in irritation. Come on. He’s already lunged himself at me in the practice studio right?

 

“Chloe?”

 

I turned to face the voice. “Can you please stay over tonight? There are a lot of things that I need to sort out with you. Could you?”

 

“I’m not sure Onew. I’m not sure if I still feel the same way about you like I did in the past” I told him while staring out the window, trying to restrain myself from letting a tear slip. Darn it, I’m not even sure if I’ve actually lost those feeling for Onew. But I need to restrain myself from going back there again. Nickhun has taken so much care of me when I was blind and plus he was able to cure my eyes. If I left him right now wouldn’t I be taking advantage of him? I need to repay Nickhun for all of his help that he’s given me then maybe if I still can, I’ll return back to Onew. I need stop thinking of Onew. I need to stay beside Nickhun to repay back what he did for me.

 

“I understand that what happened in the past might not happen again but can you please just let me explain myself at least? Ple-?” RING RING RING~

 

There goes my phone again. It saved me from the painstaking ‘please’ I was expected to answer. I forced out a cough hoping to clear my choked throat before answering the call. I glanced at the screen of the phone, NICKHUN.

 

“Hello?.... Hey Nickhun….. Yup, I’m fine” I answered as I tried to smile even though my face seemed to rebel against the intention. “You want me to what?!.... Okay, okay. I guess you’re right…. Anyway, I miss my dongsaengs.... I’ll see you tomorrow then?... Okay! Thanks Nickhun. You’re the best!” I let out a sigh as I hung up the phone and shoved it back into my pocket. Nickhun cares about me so much. How can I possibly leave him now?

 

“Who was that?” Onew asked trying not to sound so desperate for an answer. “It was Nickhun.” I answered bluntly. I guess that was my terrible attempt of trying to seem irritated. Short answers are supposed to show irritation right?

 

“What did he say?”

 

“Why would you want to know?” Gosh I really sound like a petty girl now. Arh.

 

Onew shrugged his shoulders with his hand still firmly gripped on the steering wheel as he smoothly turned the corner. “Just wondering” he said in a voice just loud enough for me to hear him. Darn it. My heart sank for a moment as I saw his gentle smile being wiped off his face.

 

I guess Onew still really hasn’t changed has he? For the rest of the trip we sat in silence, I stared out the window forcing myself to not steal glances at him as I was afraid my heart might just tighten in my chest and I couldn’t afford for that to happen. However, I did feel Onew steal a few glances at me once in a while but I had forced myself to close my eyes for I knew it was becoming harder and harder to not look at him. Remember what Nickhun did for you. You can’t leave him now for Onew that would be just plain selfish. Right?

 

~Onew’s POV~

 

I turned the familiar corner to park the car in front of the house. I turned to look at Chloe who had fallen asleep during the car ride. I stared at the girl that I had loved and still loved. “Why won’t you let me love you again?” I thought as I outstretched one hand towards her peaceful face but stopped just hovering over it. I couldn’t bring myself to touch her face without fully explaining myself to her. But the previous kisses were different I guess. There was a sudden urge to kiss her but there definitely wasn’t any self-control at all at that time. I sighed and slowly retracted my hand back toward myself at the thought of how much she had to go through because of me.

 

I opened the driver’s door and walked around the front to the passenger seat where Chloe was fast asleep. I gently opened the passenger seat door and unbuckled her seat belt that had somehow had wrapped itself around her body. I scooped the girl that I loved into my arms and held her closely pressed against my chest. With Chloe in my arms, I attempted to kick the door shut but luckily someone had beat me to it.

 

“Hey Hyung, I’ve got it. Took you long enough to come back!” Jonghyun said with a friendly smile on his face. I smiled back at him hoping that it he would be able to sense my gratitude through it.  I walked up the path and up the stairs leading toward the front door. Taemin was waiting there with the door open. He nodded at me and I unconsciously nodded back. I wasn’t sure what the nod was supposed to mean though but that wasn’t my priority at that time.

 

I continue to walk into the house with Chloe still snuggled in my arms. I walked passed Key who had told me that he and Minho had already set up my bed up for her. Seriously? My bed? Why my bed? Didn’t they see Chloe and Nickhun holding hands? I really wanted to have a serious one on one chat with them later but I seemed to like the idea of Chloe lying beside me like the past.

 

With the help of Minho opening the door, I was able to place Chloe gently on my bed without waking her up. I tucked her into my blanket and slowly stepped away turning towards the door. Just as I was about to open the door to leave, I suddenly heard Chloe shouting.

 

“Onew! No! No! Onew!” I turned around straight away and dashed to her side as quickly as possible. I lifted her up so she rested herself on my body. Chloe’s body was shaking vigorously non-stop. I her hair trying to calm her down with one hand and the other I held her body close to mine. Her eyes were still closed so I guess she was still asleep and just having a bad dream. “Shhhh. Don’t worry Chloe. I’m here now. Shhhhh.” I held her in that position for a few more minutes rocking her back and forth whispering the words, “It’s okay” into her ear.

 

Suddenly Chloe turned to me unconsciously, with her eyes still closed and head buried into my chest. “Onew?” She asked me. “Hmm?” I answered her still in the same position. “Don’t leave me okay?” I turned to the girl who was snuggled up against me and said, “Chloe, I’ll never leave you. No more nightmares, I promise”

 

“Chloe. You know that I’ll always be here for you. I’ll never leave you.” I thought to myself. I kissed her gently on her forehead and continue to rock her back and forth.  

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

 

Hehe. Hello everyone. ^^ long time no type. first post in a long time. :/ Hopefully you like the chapter.

 

 

 

-Angmohsai