An Unexpected Friend

Blinded

~Chloe~

*Zzzz... Zzzz..* 

Onew's was ringing, practically ringing non-stop. After a sigh of frustration, Onew had left his handphone with me. My pocket kept on vibrating and the loud music came shortly after. One of Onew's favourite song was Candy by H.O.T. Since H.O.T. and Onew are in the same company, Onew knows Tony. I've met him once, no offence to oppa but he's really cheeky. I reached down into my pocket and pulled out Onew's phone. 

Darn. Now i wish i wasn't blind so that I could read the caller ID. argh.

I hit the answer button. Just before I said hello, a voice cut me off. A female voice. 

"Onew dear. How are you? Have you eaten?." I was stunned and shocked after I heard those words. "Sorry, but who are you?" I asked puzzled. "What do you mean who am i? I'm the person that loves Onew and Onew loves me too." I stood there, blank with the phone to my ear. "What, are you Chloe?" said the person on the other end of the phone, breaking my silence. "Er.. Yeah. I'm Chloe." "Great. Let me spill the beans. So Onew told me that he was going to break up with you today but then he felt bad. I told him to let me talk to you but he refused. Since i have the opportunity now, I'm telling you this." said the girl harshly. "That's impossible. How can that happen? Onew promised my parents to look after me no matter what." I told the girl. She smurked into the phone. "Girl. He has moved on. By the way, you better stay away from him. Onew's mine and no one will have him. This is considered a light warning. Look yourself in the mirror and tell me your pretty. Ha! Because I better you i'm prettier." I burst out into tears. "Why are you crying? So you do admit you're not prettier that me? Ha. Look you don't even have self-confindence. Anyway, Onew told me that you are just something that he plays with when he's not with me. He told me that your a burden because your blind" The next thing I knew I was yelling into the phone. "I'M BLIND OKAY?! I CAN'T LOOK MYSELF IN THE MIRROR. AND THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME ALL THIS. YOU JUST MADE MY DAY A WHOLE LOT WORSE." I just continued crying. "Hmm. Should I care? No. Anyway I've gotta hang up. Tell Onew I love him. By the way, I'm Ashley. Toodals." 

 

I dropped the phone onto the ground. Tears started to form in my eyes. I clenched my fist and hit my chest hard, trying to soothe the pain that was hurting and killing me inside. With the other hand, i covered my mouth trying to keep myself quite. But that didnt work . Suddenly I heard footsteps hurriedly climb the stairs. Then they stopped at the door. 

Onew. The person i THOUGHT would always take care of me. Ha!

He took a step towards me. I pulled the hand that was punching my chest to face him. Warning him to stay where he was. However, stubbornly he took another step. I couldn't take it anymore. What did he think he was. Just because i was blind he thought he could play with me?!

"Dont come near me." I told him firmly between cries and sobs. 

"Chloe, I can explain." Onew told me. Argh Does he think im stupid? I suddenly heard the other members stand behind him. I wonder if they were in this plan too. 

 

"You don't need to. ASHLEY already has. I can't believe I actually thought you loved me all this time. Ashley told me that you thought I was just something that you could play with when you weren't with her. She told me that you told her that I was a burden to you because I was blind. I thought you told me that you didn't care I was blind. I cared for you! I trusted you! I loved you! Just because I'm blind is this what I get?" 

"Chlo-" He tried to explain. But at this point I didnt want to hear anyone speak. I started screaming after a while the screaming turned into sobs again.

“Get out.” I told him. 

“Wait..” 

“You know what? Just stop. Get out.”

 

“Fine, if you guys aren’t getting out. I will.”

I tried to stand up. But I was still shaking. I tried to grab something that was near arms reach but my body couldnt take it. I met the floor in just seconds. I wanted to burst into tears again but what would that do? A tear escaped the corner of my eye. I wiped it away and stood up. As I walked to the door, tears rushed down again. Step by step, slowly i walked to the door. Just as I came to the door I saw onew's face at the corner of my eye. My body went flimsy again, I fell and landed into his arms. As I felt Onew try to pull me up, I pushed his hand away harshly and continued walking to the door. 

Just as I reached the stairs i heard Onew take a step. But someone stopped him. 

“Hyung, don’t. Let Key Hyung and I handle it” Taemin told him.

I heard Onew try to push taemin. 

“Hyung, let Taemin and Key handle this. They can do it. Chloe just needs some time to calm down. Okay?” I heard Minho say. 

I hurried my steps as i heard Taemin and Key come closer. I didn't want to talk to anyone. 

As i grabbed the front door's handle, someone grabbed my shoulder. 

"Let go of me!" I yelled. 

"Noona, it's Key. Come on, let's go outside and we'll talk." I turned to him. 

"KIM KIBUM. LET GO OF ME." He let go. 

As i walked out the door and onto the side walk, I heard taemin come up to me. 

"Tae-" 

"Noona, just listen to me." 

"fine."

"Here. Take my Iphone. I understand that you need time to cool off. So take my iphone and take my wallet. There's lots of cash inside. Hyung will probably kill me but i want you to cool down. I know you need to cool down by yourself. My iPhone is voice activated. So don't worry, make sure you text me or call me using SIRI okay. I already keyed my other number in. Promise?"

I hugged Taemin. "Okay."

Taemin squeezed my body and whispered. "Noona, please comeback fast. We need you. All of us. Especially Onew."

I let him go and solemly walked off. 

~Nickhun~

AH. Korea. haha. It really hasn't changed. I stepped out of JYP's front door. Today, my manager told me that we were going to debut! I was so happy! After all my hard work. After giving up my family and friends in thailand, it all paid off. I smiled to myself as i walked back to my house. My parents bought it for me when i told them i was accepted as a trainee in JYP.

You can somewhat call me a rich kid. But I rather not spend my money on clothes and stuff, like how all the story books and the Korean dramas i've watched portary rich kids as. I 'keep low' by working at a part time job. Today, I saw a really weird incident happen. There were girls saying bad stuff to another girl who was eating dinner with a group of guys, I think one of them was her boyfriend. I felt bad because I should've been a gentle man and stood up for her instead of standing there. But one thing for sure was that out of all the girls I've seen, she was the prettiest. I would really like to meet her. She seems like and nice and sweet girl. I scratched my head with disappointment.

Just as I was walking towards the entrance of my house, I heard someone crying. I think it's a girl. I walked slowly towards the sound. As i came closer, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. 

The girl I saw seemed like the same girl at my part time job that was 'bullied'. I approached her. 

"Excuse me miss, are you okay?" She seem shocked. Then i realised something else, the girl was blind. 

"Miss, i'm sorry but may i ask. Did you go out to dinner tonight with a group of guys and er.. did you get 'bullied'?" Argh, that came out wrong.. 

She looked up to me and nodded. OMG. She really was. 

"Sorry, but i cant see you. I'm.. blind." She told me shamefully. 

"Wops you must feel really akward. I'm Nickhun, I worked at the place that you got 'bullied'. First of all I would like to apologise for not helping out. Usually I would stand up, but im really ashamed that I didnt for your case." 

She laughed. I chuckled at her laughter. It sounded like a new born baby letting out it's first laugh. Full of joy and innocence, but i could still sense the sorrow. 

"I'm Chloe. What's wrong with my laughter? Hang on i think I remember your voice. " she asked curiously .

"Nothing, I think it's sweet and innocent. like a baby's laughter. You remember my voice?"

"Yup. er. Do you want to sit down? I think your legs are gonna start to hurt."

I smiled at her dumbly as I sat down beside her. 

We continued to talk outside until it became dark. Chloe told me about what happend in the resturant and what happend back at her house. 

"Here, it's getting dark. I'll send you home." I told her curtiously as i began to stand up. 

"No." she answered firmly grabbing onto my wrist. Suddenly, i felt butterflies in my stomach. A sudden electricity sparked at Chloe's touch.

"This might be a really akward and rude. But do you have an extra room I can stay in just until everything is settled? This might be weird but it seems i've known you since forever. Crazy as it sounds, I trust you." She told me shyly. 

I laughed. "It's not good to sleep over at strangers house."

"I kno-" Chloe answered. 

I grabbed her hand. Again i felt the electricity. 

"I was just kidding, i'm actually really lonely in my house. So I would love your company." 

Chloe asked me to dial a number first. I passed the phone to her and she put it to her ear. 

"Taemin?.... Hey.. I'm not going to come back for a while..... I don't know how long i'll need. Please don't tell the other i have contact with you okay?... I kno-..... Taemin....... Promise. ..... I'm staying with an old friend........ Please don't look for me okay?... Yup ill call you every night.. Good night... Love you too.."

Chloe hanged up. I raised an eyebrow at her, seemed like she could see my expression. 

"Taemin's like my little brother okay." She punched me. 

A week passed since Chloe has stayed with me. 

Two weeks now. 

A month.

Two months. 

Three months. 

Four months. 

~A random Day~

My alarm clock rang. I shot out of bed and hurriedly checked my phone. 

"YESSSSS!" I yelled!

I ran into Chloe's room and shook her rather vigouriously. 

"Chloe, wake up! CHLOE!" Then the next thing I knew her hand met my face. I stumbled back rubbing my nose. 

"Nichkhun Horvejkul. It's my turn to sleep in. Go make breakfast. Shoo..." Chloe told me while she sweeped the air. I ran to the other side of the bed where she was facing. The rolled over to the other side of her bed. Giving up, I picked her and her blanket up into my arms and walked to my room, which had a bigger bed. Hahah. I just prefer my bed. As i picked her up, her eyes opened and she dug her face into my shirt. I smiled at her cuteness. Chloe and I are really close now. Ever since four months ago, she seems happier. I know I'm happier. 

I place her onto my bed. She closed her eyes again. I laughed to myself. I went up to her and gave her a peck on the cheek. Suddenly, Chloe opened her eyes. "Yah! Nichkhun Horvejkul. How dare you kiss me." "Finally Chloe your up. Hey, come on, stop pouting. Okay I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Chloe can't resist my cuteness or what the koreans call it 'aegyo'. "Okay. Okay. Khun, I'm up. I'm up. So what did you want to tell me?" I sat beside Chloe. "So i owe you a present because i know i'm four months late. First of all, i have two presents. one i'll give it to you today and the other i'll give it to you after the first present is done." Chloe raise and eyebrow. "Okayyy.." "Promise me first that you'll agree to at least the first one." Chloe nodded. 

"First of all, I found a doctor who can cure you blindness. So you have a checkup today, and if everything is okay you'll have surgery tomorrow." 

Chloe's facial expression was practically happy mixed with wondered mixed with horror. 

"Are you serious? I would love to do the check up but I don't exactly have the money to pay for it." 

"And that's where I come in. I've decided to pay for the surgery as one of your birthday presents." Hahah! How much cooler can i get? I praised myself. Chloe hurled herself towards me, making me fall onto the bed. "Nickhun, you're the best! I'll pay you back for sure. I promise. Thank you so much!" she told me happily. 

"Chloe, now for your second present." I pulled Chloe's body closer to mine. "If you want to pay me back, just say yes to this question. Chloe, I love you and i swear that i'll keep you close and never let you go unless you don't want me anymore. So Chloe, Can you please be my girlfriend?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Sorry for not updating ): studies is killing me and this week was chinese new year.. But i'll pay you guys back/treat you to a long chapter. Please enjoy. 

Please do continue to comment!  (: