What Happened Last Night?

14th March

Minho's POV

 

After seeing Jinri, I went back home. My parents nor Krystal are awake. I went into my room. My whole body felt sore. (sighs) Things were getting worse. I climbed up to my bed and closed my eyes. I went into a deep sleep right after. Thank God tomorrow's a weekend. 

 

...............

 

The next morning, I woke up on my bed. The sun's ray shone on my face. I tried as hard as I could to sit up straight. And I did! Ain't that great? Well, to me it was great. Just to me, alright? I rubbed my nape. I just hoped that the aches won't be that bad for me to go to work. 

 

Krystal stuck her head at my door with a smile.I just hope she knows that she's my source of strength every morning. Always manage to brighten up my day. 

 

"Oppa, you're joining breakfast? " She said as she looked at me. Umm... what are you staring at? She came closer to me, like she was worried. 

 

" Wae irae? "

 

" Oppa....... your body's aching..... isn't it...? " She sat beside me on my bed and looked at me with teary eyes. No..... please don't cry, Krys. I can't take this. 

 

" Aniyo.....I'm fine, Krys. " I smiled at her. She kept staring at me. Now, her nose becoming red. This is what happens if she gets worried. 

 

" No. You're lying.... You're lying aren't you? " She started to sob. I couldn't do anything other than taking her into my embrace. She cried harder in my shoulder. 

 

" Shhh.... shh.... it's alright..it's alright... "

 

" You're going to leave me........ please.... don't leave me here oppa.... "

 

I pat her back to ease her. Nothing. Not a word could escape from my mouth. 

 

...................... 

 

Jinri's POV

 

I was in the park nearby my house to jog. It's always a way for me to start my day without any worries. Well.... to make things clearer, that's why I love to walk to school. You know, to make up for the lost jogging time?

 

I started to think about what happened last night. Why would he say that? How could he say that? Honestly........... I felt... betrayed.My feeling were betrayed. That was what I felt. But... thinking about it again... why? Just why would he confess the first minute then the minute later turn me down? Is he perhaps... hiding something? What is his secret? (sighs) Maybe a coffee would do. I like cappucinos.What's your favourite? It's not weird asking people their favourite type of coffee right? 

 

I walked down the neighbourhood to find a small coffee shop. I guess I'll give it a try. As soon as I open the door, I saw Krystal busy with wiping the tables. 

 

"Anyeonghasaeyo, welco-.. Jinri ah! " She was reeeaaalllly surprised to see me. Why, Krystal? Never thought I'd sip a coffee, huh? 

 

" Neh, Krystal. Why are you so surprised? "

 

"N-nothing! I just thought that I'd never see you come to this coffee shop,that's all. Cuz ya kbow, this coffee shop doesn't get much customers every month. Usually regulars come often. " She said as she continued to wipe the tables and put the rag on the counter. 

 

" So, what would you like? " She took out a note and a pen and smiled at me. 

 

" Hehe.. I think just a cup of cappucino. "

 

" One cappucino...ok! Will be right back at you. "She walked away and clipped the order note for the barista to...... wait...... for Key to make the order? He works here too?

 

" Key oppa! "

 

Key's eyes searched the shop to find me.  He then smiled and waved at me. 

 

" Ah Jinri ah. Good to see you. "

 

" You work here too? "

 

" Neh... Minho too. Where is he... " He turned his head around to find Minho." I guess he went to t- Ouch! Krystal, that hurts!" He yelled out as Krystal elbowed his stomach. She whispered something to him. After that, they both looked at me for a little while then continued with their works. What was that about? Why did Krystal stop Key from telling me where Minho went to? Are they hiding something? Something's wrong here. Plus with what happened last night with Minho, something is ABSOLUTELY wrong here! 

 

Krystal came back to me with the cup of cappucino that I asked for. She sat on the empty seat in front of me. 

 

"Key makes the best coffees I've ever tasted. " 

 

" Jinjja? " I grinned and raised an eyebrow to Key who was waiting eagerly for my comment. I took a sip. Voila, it was the best coffee I've ever had. Krystal's totally right. This makes me want to tell all the Starbucks lovers to come and raid this coffee shop right now. Wow. 

 

"Wow. You're good! " I showed a thumbs up to Key as I sip more of the cappucino.  Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying. 

 

Suddenly, the door of the shop opened. It was Minho who was coming in. Krystal stood up and ran to her brother to hug him. He looked rather....... weary? 

 

" Oppa! Guess who's here? "

 

" Hey! What, you finally got yourself a boyfriend? "

 

" Aish oppa, aniyo. It's Jinri! "

 

Minho looked at me and smiled weakly. Was he feeling guilty? Cuz frankly speaking, I think he should be. WAIT WAIT WAIT, YOU'RE SAYING I'M MEAN? No no no, YOU listen to ME. HE owed ME an explanation about what he did to me last night at the flower park. Yah, Choi Minho, read my eyes and understand that I am hurt. 

 

"Jinri, welcome."

 

"Yeah.Thanks." I answered to him as simple as possible. 

 

..............

 

Krystal's POV

 

Ummm... is it me or these two are acting rather cold to each other? I wonder what happened. 

 

"Minho, you got back huh? Took you a while. "Key has just got out of the store room, taking out more stuffs. (sighs) If you're gonna do that, at least learn to clean the mess yourself,Key.

 

"Aha...yeah.About that... my Mom called me home for a little bit." 

 

"Aaa jinjja. Agata. " Key tried to lift the boxes he took out of the stireroom to lut them back. But he had a hard time doing so..... AS USUAL. Nope, you're not allowed to ask my brother to help you this time. Key, as if he heard my thoughts, turned to me and smiled guiltily. Maybe because he was used to be asked to help Key lift the boxes, Minho oppa volubteered himself to help him. OPPA! 

 

"Hahaha. Always your problem with boxes, aye Key? Come on, let me help you. " He was about to come towards Key when I stopped him with my hand. 

 

" No, you sit back. I told you, from now on, nothing for you to do other than being the cashier. " Eventhough I would force Key to it up and lift the boxes himself, I am willing to do all the things he used to do for his sake. You might say I'm overprotective and posessive over my brother, but trust me....without me he would never say no even to the wrongful things. He's too kind... too gentle to no matter what. So I helped Key lift the boxes and put them back in the storeroom. 

 

In the storeroom, I thought of what I saw between Jinri and Minho. 

 

"Key, did you notice Jinri and Minho oppa? "

 

" No. Why? " 

 

" They seemed.... distant. "

 

" Ey... stop talking such things. I thought they're fine. "

 

" Well.... apparently they're not. " 

 

Key stopped and stared at the wall. I just can't get over his weird way of thinking. 

 

" Hmmm... I think this must have something to do with yesterday."

 

"Yester..day?" 

 

"Yeah. Minho passed me a nite to give to Jinri. I did read some of it secretly."

 

I arched one eyebrow at him. 

 

"What~?  I was curious."

 

"Fine.Then what did you saw?" 

 

"I think they met each other last night. "

 

" Oh. I guess that made sense since he came home late last night."

 

I think hard. Maybe it could be because of what Key said. Maybe I should just ask Jinri myself. 

 

Alrighty Jinri. Tell me what happened between you and him.