Chapter Eight: "I can't believe I met someone like you."

Hot Chocolate

The whole day of running around from one end of the school to the other, was body draining. She did have Chunji and Eunji, but today both had club activities to run to, so they were not able to help out with the last parts of their final project. She giggled as she felt a light snowflake on her nose. She looked up. It was finally snowing.

She looked through the pictures she took, once more. Adding a video of the snow will definitely add another dimension to their project. She had pictures in her phone, and videos in her video camera. It was going to be perfect. She even had ideas of putting in music, effects and a little bit of animation to the project. Piecing all those elements together to tell the story instead of words; it was going to be perfect.

She had stayed back after school to take some final photos, and she was definitely glad she stayed back. Heeyoung smiled as more snow fell on her. First snowfall did always feel amazing.

Hot Chocolate was then decided; a tradition she usually did with him. A cup of Hot Chocolate for the first snowfall.

Looking through her phone, she found a decent café with good reviews; furthermore it was just around the corner from the University. It was unusual for her to have a day like this; the twins over at a relative’s house for a sleepover, her parents having made dinner for her and placed it in the fridge for her to reheat later. It was a great day. Heeyoung spun around in the falling snow. *I wonder if today can get any better than this.* She bent over, pressed the button to start the film rolling. She wanted to catch the effect of the snow falling on the ground.

Her feet took steps back and back and back. Once she felt the warmness of the shop, she looked to turn her video camera off. In the process, bumping into somebody's back. She stepped back quickly and bowed, "Joesonghabnida." The ‘someone's’ heart elated from the sound of her voice. She looked up and her eyes wide. Blink. A soft smile appeared on ‘someone's’ face. Her heart started beating even more uncontrollably. She had seen him before.

"May I take your order?" Both of them looked at the cashier at the same time and said, "One 'White Christmas' Hot Chocolate, please." Heeyoung’s cheeks turned a tinge pink and looked down. All that 'someone' did was smile wider.

For once in a very long time, she honestly wanted to smile.

The cashier gave both of them a queer look while her co-worker smiled. "Two 'White Christmas' Hot Chocolate coming up." The cashier shook her head, "That will be 5,900 won altogether." 'Someone' looked to his side. Heeyoung still had her head down. That 'someone' chuckled, "Here you go."

The co-worker was in the process of making their drink, while Heeyoung still had her head down. She could feel heat on her cheeks, she knew they were red. No one could see her red face, especially not that 'someone'. She felt a tap on her shoulder, her head turned slightly. A Styrofoam cup with a cardboard circle around was held in front of her face, she took it in her hand, her other hand holding onto her video camera. Her mind unable to process what had happened. "Wait. Pay.. I.." That 'someone' smiled and left the cafe.

She watched that 'someone' leave the café without so much of a lookback. She wanted to pay him for the drink. But. He left. What could she do? She sipped her Hot Chocolate; a small satisfied smile appeared on her lips. *Okay. Let's look for a table. I could probably do some final touches on the project before sending it in.* She settled her drink on the table corner, took out her laptop and cables before settling into the comfortable wooden chair. She took another sip of her Hot Chocolate before getting down to work.

What she did not notice was that, that 'someone' was watching her from outside of the café. He saw that smile when she sipped her Hot Chocolate. He also saw her expression as she looked through her things, that soft smile. He admired her through the glass plane.

*I hope we meet again. No. I know we will meet again.*

----------------

The auditorium was nosy with panicked students. The students were all told to email their project to the professor with their respective reflections by the end of yesterday, yet none of them seemed to be able to send their emails.

“What’s up with this ?”

“Calm down, Eunji.”

“I’ll calm down when this damn thing sends!”

A girl came through the doors. All the students stopped their chattering and worry, eyes trained to her.

“Heeyoung! You’re late for once! Wh…”

“The professor said that he accidentally gave us his old email.”

Sighs of relief erupted all through the room.

“How do you know that anyway?” Chunji walked down from where he was to follow Heeyoung as she walked towards Eunji. “Well. Last night I had troubles sending it to him, that’s why I called Eunji for help. I thought something was off, so in the morning I went to ask him about it, and that’s when he apologized for giving the wrong email address.” “Where is the prof anyways?” Eunji asked. “He is out getting us bubble tea."

“Bubble tea?!”

The whole class erupted, happy cheers ringing throughout the room.

“Yah! Guys! I know you are happy and all. But could some of you please come here and help this old man!”

A whole group of boys and girls ran down to the entrance door and brought in bags of drinks.

“Prof. How did you manage to carry all these up?”

“Well. Go thank your classmate over there. She helped me.”

The whole class turned to look at the girl with long chestnut brown hair.

“Thank you, Heeyoung-ssi!”

Heeyoung blushed with embarrassment, and hid behind Eunji. The girl laughed, gathering her hair in a ponytail. “Someone is going to get a lot of attention from now on.” “Don’t. Don’t say that, Eunji! It’s not even funny!” Chunji sat next to Heeyoung’s empty seat, “First time I’ve seen you like this, Miss Nam.”

Heeyoung sighed and sank into her chair. “I don’t like attention.” “I can see that.” The pony haired girl snorted.

“Oh. Hey! You two want to meet my best friend I talk so much about?”

Eunji and Heeyoung looked at each other, both shrugging their shoulders.

“Sure?”

------------------

The three walked in a row chatting and laughing about their professor. “He is such a derp. But an awesome derp teacher though.” Eunji laughed hysterically at her own comment.

“Why are you always so rude?”

“Why are you always such a mother?”

Heeyoung giggled, “You guys never stop that do yo…” “Hey.” She knew that voice. Her eyes cautiously looked to front. There stood a boy leaning against the railing with the familiar orange hair.

“Woah.. Your friend is a pretty boy like you!”

Eunji ran up to the boy, her eyes scanning the boy up and down, calculating something. Chunji ran up to the orange haired boy, “Hyun!” The orange haired boy stumbled under the weight of his best friend. “Yah! Get off, you moron!” His cheeks filled with pink as soon as those words left his mouth. He cleared his throat, and dropped his friend back on solid ground.

Chunji looked back and forth between his two embarrassed friends. “Do.. Do the both of you know each other?”

“We bumped..”

Both said it at the same time, and blushed hard from the synchronized answer.

The pony haired girl bounced to Heeyoung. “Interesting. I have never seen that kind of look on your face before.” Heeyoung buried her face deeper into her jacket.

“Heeyoung!”

Sigh of relief escaped the girl’s lips; she turned around to be greeted by her older brother’s best friend.

“Oppa..”

The boy frowned. Who was this guy?

“Hey. I saw you walking earlier.. Oh. Are these your friends?”

“Oh! Oppa. Meet Lee Chanhee and Jung Eunji. They are both from the same course as me. And this is Chanhee’s friend…”

“Lee Byunghyun.”

He held out his hand after introducing himself, a forced smile spread unevenly through his face. Doojoon shook his hand with a smile, but soon turned into a frown at how hard he squeezed. *What’s wrong with guy?*

“Hyun. Let’s go! We have to leave now if we want to catch that movie!”

“What movie are you guys watching?”

“Just some action movie. I don’t think you would like it, Eunji.”

“What? Let me tag along, moron. I will be bored at home!”

Chunji looked at his friend, trying to get his attention.

“Ya, ya. Whatever. Byunghyun! Let’s go! See you tomorrow, Heeyoung! Nice meeting you!”

Byunghyun released his hand from the older boy’s hold, and walked back to his friend. *What on earth..* The older boy's eyebrows furrowed. He did not understand what was going on. “Oppa?” “Hmm?” “You alright?” Doojoon looked down to the girl standing next to him. “Oh, yes. Yes, I am fine. Let’s get going. The rest is waiting for us.” He held out his hand. “What?” “Heeyoung, your bag.” “You don’t need…” “Pass.” She sighed in defeat, passing her backpack to the older boy.

He placed his arm around her shoulder, and shoulder checked on the retreating trio. It was definitely not his imagination. The boy was in fact looking at him with an unpleasant expression on his face. *What on earth is his problem?*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello hello ~ Are you guys as excited as I am? After seven chapters.....Byunghyun (aka L.Joe) finally appears!!! WOOHOOO!! Hehe let the story flourish ~ I cannot wait for you all to find out what happens in the next while :) I promise you! There will be more exciting chapters to come ~ Just you wait! Once again! I want to thank thse subscribers who have stuck with me till now, and did not unsubscribe to me :)  Thank you, thank you! Please comment and subscribe if you have not done so! Thanks!