Chapter Seven:

Hot Chocolate

The girl looked up towards the bedrooms, letting a small smile spread across her face. "Umma, Appa, Jaehwa, Jaesun. I'm leaving now. Annyeong." She whispered gently, bowed and left the house with soft footsteps.

She started quickening her steps as soon as she glimpsed at her analog wristwatch. *Five more minutes!* Jogging up the pedestrian walkway, noticing a familiar back view along the way. "Jieun!" She grabbed the girl's stretched arm. "Kyaa! Heeyoung! I was stretching! What..." "The bus will be here in less than three minutes!"

The two girls sprinted towards the incoming bus. Well, it was more of Heeyoung dragging the other girl. Jieun in a large amount of oxygen, "Nam Heeyoung!" "Bus is here." She calmly went up the bus, not forgetting to tap her card. Jieun laughed and rolled her eyes before boarding the bus. "Not even a morning greeting? And how did you know the bus was coming?" "Ne, annyeong Jieun-ssi." Heeyoung giggled at her friend's pout and patted the seat next to her. "Annyeonghasaeyo, Heeyoung-ssi." Jieun bowed and plopped down next to Heeyoung.

"Eunjung had some dance practice early in the morning, so I woke up early to check the bus timings on the internet. I thought it would be nice to bring some food for her." Jieun smiled, "That must have been the most words I have heard out of that mouth since High School." A shy smile crept up Heeyoung’s lips. Jieun slid down her seat and leaned on Heeyoung's shoulder. "Good night." Upon hearing Jieun's words, Heeyoung took out her iPod nano.

    ---------------

"Jieun.." A quiet voice called. Jieun stirred awake, with open and yawning. "You didn't get much sleep last night, did you?" Jieun rubbed her eyes, "Ya.. I spent all night finishing up that stupid project of mine." Yawning she continued, "Halmoni was also on my case for falling asleep at the breakfast table. You cannot imagine how much she nagged this time." Another yawn stretched the singer’s mouth wide open. “Jinjja. Here. Coffee.” “Coffee? You don’t drink…” “Just take it.” Jieun hesitantly took the flask, “Komawo.”

The girls promptly got off the bus, and made their way to their University. It was going to be a long week of grueling lessons and studying. Their exams were less than a month away and they needed to score well. Both of them needed to, since they are both on a scholarship.

"Are you freshmen?" Heeyoung blinked at the sudden appearence of a boy, they had just taken a step into their familiar college campus, and already they were being stopped. He tilted his head along with Jieun, and straightened when Jieun did. The action was all too familiar.

"Hyung! Joesonghabnida.. Oh."

His junior looked at the two girls standing in front of him.

“Hey. Are you the girls we saw on orientation day?”

Jieun laughed, “Ya! Your friend was mimicking me! No wonder what he did was familiar!”

The boy pointed to Jieun, “I never got your name.”

“Well. I guess we are tied then. I do not remember yours.”

“Ouch. Hyunshik. You know these girls?” His junior looked back to his senior, “Yup. We met the day Dongyul went around scaring the new kids.” “Ah. That idiot. Copied my signature.” “Your signature to pick up girls. Ya. He definitely did.” Hyunshik and his senior looked back to the two girls.

“Well. I am guessing you guys are here early for something.”

“Yes. In fact we were just heading over there, until he stopped us.”

Jieun had her hands on her hips. Uh oh. Heeyoung knew what that meant.

“Sorry about that.”

“Well. Sorry is not going to cut it if you make us miss our friend.”

Hyunshik lips hitched up, “Why don’t I make it up to you then? Number and name?”

“Why?”

 “So I can call you to make up for this mishap.”

Jieun was about to reply when an arm was slung around her shoulders. “No need for that.” Wooyoung smiled stiffly at the two older drama boys. “Oh. Wooyoung. Since when did you get here?” The boy’s smile softened at the sound of Jieun’s voice. “Eunjung needed help to carry some props, so I thought of being a good junior and help her.” The sound of throats clearing reverted their attention back to the two older boys. “Who are you?” “A friend.” Heeyoung tugged on Wooyoung’s shirt, her eyes pleading.

“Well. I guess we have to get going. Nice meeting the both of you.”

In his arm, Jieun walked along him with Heeyoung by his side. “Thank you. I didn’t know if we could get out of that one.” “Ya! He was so persistent! I think if you didn’t come and stop them I would have kicked him!” Wooyoung laughed, “Calm down, Jieun. They are gone now. I promise I won’t allow them to disturb you.” Heeyoung stepped back.

Looking at the both of them together, his arm around her shoulders, her endearing eyes towards him and that smile on his face; they looked like the perfect couple.

“Ah. Heeyoung! Jieun! Brat!”

They looked down their path to see Eunjung walking around with her dance partner from the orientation ceremony and Doojoon. Doojoon?

The six met half way.

“Doojoon?”

“Heeyoung?”

“Huh?”

All the three words chorused together, confusion striking all of them in the face.

“How..how..how.. Explain.”

Heeyoung and Doojoon looked at Eunjung. Her arms were folded in a manner that were neither friendly or happy.

“Erm. Well..”

“Eunjung. Heeyoung is an old friend from childhood. We haven’t been in contact since I moved to another city.”

“Unnie?”

Eunjung looked between both of them, and then at Doojoon. “Stay away from my Heeyoung.” Subsequently, she grabbed hold of the little girl in her arms. Her dance partner laughed, “Oh. You have competition, Doojoon!” “Shut up, Changsun. She is just a friend.”

“Unnie. I brought Kimbap.”

“Yay! Food for me! You’re the best!”

Heeyoung smiled as she handed a paper bag to her best friend. Dipping her hand into the side of her bag, “Doojoon.. Oh. I gave your coffee to Jieun.”

“This is his?!”

“Me?”

The two chorused, making Heeyoung laugh. Her University life was getting more exciting by the day. She really wanted to tell him. She really wanted to tell him about everything. Jieun. Wooyoung. Chunji. Eunji. Eunjung. Doojoon. She really wanted to tell him about Doojoon. How they met. How they talked. How they made up. How. How. How he was being like an older brother to her. She wanted to tell him everything. But. She could not.

“Heeyoung?”

Five faces looked at her as she was spacing out.

“Are you alright?”

Doojoon extended his hand towards her, to only be swatted away by Eunjung. “Aww. Poor baby. Scared by this big scary oppa.” Doojoon rolled his eyes, looking at the older girl hugging his childhood friend. “Oh please, Eunjung. Why you acting so protective over her anyway?” “I have my reasons. Plus. You looked suspicious when I saw you with her.” Heeyoung looked at her friend with Doojoon. “When?” The boy asked, confused. “By the library.” *Oh. She saw that? But she did not ask me anything when we talked in the dance studio.*

“Heeyoung. Come here. Before that woman suffocates you.”

The girl removed herself from her best friend’s arms and walked herself towards Doojoon. “See? I am like a harmless teddy bear.” Eunjung glared at her friend. “You’re weird. I don’t like you.”

Heeyoung snuggled into Doojoon’s arms, “Oppa?” “Hmmm?” “I missed you.” The older boy smiled and bent down to kiss her head. “I missed you too.”

“Woah! Woah! Hey! No going around kissing her. No! No! No!”

Before she knew it, she was yanked out of Doojoon’s arms and dragged away by Eunjung. “Let’s go. I need to practice anyways. And Doojoon! You don’t need to follow!” The older boy rolled his eyes. He has never seen that girl like that before. “You knew Heeyoung since she was little?” He looked at the girl who entered the campus with Heeyoung. “Ya. Since she was three.”

“Three?!”

Doojoon laughed and nodded to the direction where Eunjung and Heeyoung walked to. “Yup. I was good friends with her and her brother.” Wooyoung’s eyebrows furrowed, “Her little brother was not around then. How…” Jieun nudged the boy hard in the chest. “Ouch! What was that for?”

That was when he realized. Heeyoung probably did not talk much about him. “I don’t know if Heeyoung told you. But she used to have an older brother.” Changsun now chimed in, “Used to?” Doojoon smiled, sadness planted in the roots of his lips. “He passed on.” Questions immediately stopped once they heard his reply.

“I think we should go catch up to them.”

Wooyoung nodded and dragged Jieun along towards Changsun’s direction, leaving Doojoon alone with his thoughts.

*Heeyoung. You need to talk about him.*

----------------

"Oppa. I'm okay."

The lot sat at the side of the dance studio as Eunjung practiced. Wooyoung sat to the side with Jieun, Doojoon and Heeyoung to another side.

“I didn’t mean to tell them.”

“Oppa. Like I said. I am okay.”

She leaned into his shoulder. “You remind me of him. But in a good way.” Doojoon kissed the top of her head again. “That’s good I guess.” Chuckling he leaned his cheek on her head. “I really did miss this. Missed you especially.” Heeyoung laughed, “Same here.”

“You guys look like a couple.”

Doojoon snapped his head to his friend standing in front of them with his towel around his neck. “Shut up, Changsun.” “Shut up, Doojoon.” “What are you doing here anyways? Isn’t Eunjung gonna be pissed at you again for slacking off?” Changsun shrugged his shoulder back, “She was the one that sent me here.” Doojoon looked behind his friend to see Eunjung glaring at him. “She ain’t happy, boy. You better get your hands off.. She’s asleep.” Doojoon looked down to his left. Sure enough, the girl had her eyes closed and her chest rose with even breaths.

Changsun sat next to Doojoon, “You know. You can tell me anything. I know I am a year older and all, but that shouldn’t stop you from talking to me.” The younger boy continued looking at Heeyoung’s face.

“I just want to make it up to her. I just want to make her smile for all those years I left her alone. I just. I just want her to be happy again.”

Changsun looked at Doojoon. This was something more than a small issue Eunjung thought it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again! Look at that guys! Three updates in a roll! Aren't you proud of me? ^^ Hehe joking.. Anyways guys. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I also sincerely hope that you will continue to support me! Thank you once again! My subscirbers and readers ~ And for those who are new! I really hope you subscribe and comment! Thank youuuuuu soooo muchhhh! *muacks*